trt treatment..

1 minute ago, king said:

Bloody hell 30lb of body armour.

What you doing Chris fighting coyote with your bare hands.

How does the saying go. Even your best gear is made by the cheapest bidder.

I work for a security company in Las Vegas and body armour is mandatory. Last night we drove back from our Los Angeles branch and you can hear the gunshots in the distance. The silver lining here is that California has recently been slapped over it's high capacity magazine ban. Ruled unconstitutional. :laugh: 33 round stick mags all around!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, TOMO said:

theres a gym somewhere down London way ...but in the sticks a bit....its called the farm gym..i think.....theres two lorry containers with out on side facing each other and an out door space between ....they have a few strong man implements as well....good set up it is....

My pal owns it.. good gym not the usual stuff though

4 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

My pal owns it.. good gym not the usual stuff though

yeh seen a few youtubers training there ...and Sonny Webster ...the british Olympic weightlifter training there

• Like 1

Quite a few of the strongman gyms are very basic.My pal Paul who was britains 105kg strongman champion for a couple of years.runs one out of an old farm building.down here in kent.Terry Hollands trains there as well as a few up and coming strongmen.Anothe al of mine and I fabricated quite a bit of their equipment for them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m not sure but maybe tomo, never actually thought of there tbh, but I know few lads who play for them so will deffo find out, tbh this wee council gym is right in me doorstep, 18 bucks a month an a swimming pass aswell. So I’ll keep at that for now an maybe have a word with some the rugby lads an even jist turn up there now an again an learn a few bits an bobs as at the gym here I will literally be Billy no mates an have to do it meself ??

18quid?? That's fuucking cheap mate. I pay 250€ for a six month pass, no pool or sauna lol

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye can’t complain about price mate, 10 x 18 quid or 3.70 a session on pay as ye go?

Before the sciatica kicked in I was there everyday.. worked out about 1.40 a session

23 hours ago, jiggy said:

This should be called the male menopause thread and it's triggered by you catching some 23 year old glaring at your woman's tits at the deli counter. Reaction ( I better get back in shape to stay in the game and lose this dad flab)???

Oh really?

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, king said:

that's exactly what this doctor said on a video i watched earlier gnasher. very knowledgeable.

Oh i didnt see this cheers King....most of the shit ive learned about the body has come from just swapping thoughts and ideas amongst others but when you hear a proper doctor like this coming out with stuff it lets you know just how little you really know ?....certainly knows his onions.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

I've heard similar Gnash and while I'm curious about it I wouldn't know where to start. It would mean going and learning. Looking at some of the patrons of the yoga studios in my nearest city I'd have a hard time with that. Given the choice of listening to a dreadlocked 20 y/o talk about lotus positions or practice failure to stop drills at my range I'm locking and loading everytime! :laugh: Range time is my yoga but I do meditate for complete balance!

It was only that i had a long time with nothing to do that i learned it,before that i had always scoffed at it as old womens stuff.....i used to be a gym owner and wouldnt of had it anywhere near my gym but now folk can come into one of the top boxing gyms in London on a Thursday and Friday for a Yoga session its a great benefit to fighters,bodybuilders or anyone i find it helps reset your momentum and sharpen your senses as well as the suppleness aspect.

Edited by gnasher16
15 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I went and watched my mate compete in his first novice strongman comp a month ago.  Was really good to watch.  The deadlift part was 220kg for as many reps as possible in 60 seconds and a boy rattled out 13 reps.

220 for reps is quite a common event in the novice contests.I like watching the events which test a bit of fitness as opposed to which big fat c**t can pull the most.

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

How does the saying go. Even your best gear is made by the cheapest bidder.

I work for a security company in Las Vegas and body armour is mandatory. Last night we drove back from our Los Angeles branch and you can hear the gunshots in the distance. The silver lining here is that California has recently been slapped over it's high capacity magazine ban. Ruled unconstitutional. :laugh: 33 round stick mags all around!

An fair play Chris.you obviously carry a firearms for work purposes then.

I could do with 1 of them sometimes to shoot the truck drivers tyres.

From the dozer when they tip in the wrong place lol.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Oh i didnt see this cheers King....most of the shit ive learned about the body has come from just swapping thoughts and ideas amongst others but when you hear a proper doctor like this coming out with stuff it lets you know just how little you really know ?....certainly knows his onions.

He does know his onions mate.

I've watched a good few of his video's 

He doesent rate the gel much does he.

36 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Wasn't many fat folk tbh my mate was only 100kg on the day few fat folk but most were in shape. The sand bag carry was good as my mate had fast feet and decent lungssame with farmers walks just wasn't big enough to compete with the top guys. He placed 13 out of 25 not bad for the smallest guy there and his training is all done in his garage no coaching  etc

My mate Paul when he was competing.Not bad for unde 105kg.He did do reasonably well in the open weight categories too but couldnt compete with the top guys who were sometimes nearly double his weight but cleaned up in the 105 comps.Also competed in triathlons too.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I probably worded that wrongly i didnt even really mean age in terms of how many birthdays you,ve had i meant more in terms of inactivity....as in older chaps who have been inactive will not respond in the same way as older chaps who have pushed their bodies for many years.....up until a few months back i was somewhat out of action ? for a year and a half and eating absolute crap but still didnt really lose that much,you dont see many retired fighters or footballers who are out of shape simply because your body adapts to the workload over years... ive known a lot of chaps in gyms reach a certain age,pack it in yet still maintain a decent physique the rest of their life.....Dont worry about the young lads with their disco muscles.

IMG_6543.jpg

Your like a Belgian blue. Do you mind me asking what age you are? but if in that condition people don't mind saying and adding years. There proud to say they are 52 and ripped.You said it before on here but that was years ago. You've just ruined this thread for the other old guys that have to compete with that ya show off. Them boys were just looking for a horn so it would act as a brake and stop them rolling out of the bed and not compete with Ronnie colemans brother that's a boxer aswell. Well done for setting the bar on the midlife crisis thread so high when the guys were taking 1 step at at a time and step 1 was pissing without farting.

• Haha 4
23 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I probably worded that wrongly i didnt even really mean age in terms of how many birthdays you,ve had i meant more in terms of inactivity....as in older chaps who have been inactive will not respond in the same way as older chaps who have pushed their bodies for many years.....up until a few months back i was somewhat out of action ? for a year and a half and eating absolute crap but still didnt really lose that much,you dont see many retired fighters or footballers who are out of shape simply because your body adapts to the workload over years... ive known a lot of chaps in gyms reach a certain age,pack it in yet still maintain a decent physique the rest of their life.....Dont worry about the young lads with their disco muscles.

IMG_6543.jpg

Can’t believe they are making people ware a burka in the UK now ! Lol 

• Haha 4