trt treatment..

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, WILF said:

Thing is big lad, I still play football (even at my advanced age!) and I need to get lighter and improve my engine after taking the piss out of myself all these years.

If I did weights I would not get any lighter, cheesy as it sounds I’m a fairly big old unit anyway and if I add more muscle to that I’ll be about 18 stone ! Lol 

I reckon a good fit weight for me at the moment would be around 14 or 15.

Im 17 as it is and my knees feel every ounce of it when I play.

That's a fair one, mate, but don't rule them out completely. Indeed muscle does weigh in heavier than fat but better muscle density improves metabolism overall and will help you shed fat faster. It's not necessarily about what you weigh more the quality of the weight you're carrying.

I was an egg chaser for the best part of 20 years and my knees, ankles and fingers are f*ck*ed but surprisingly I've found that lifting has helped to alleviate a lot of the seasonal arthritic pain I was getting in the cold winter months. I doubt either of us have the discipline or the drugs to enter the Tour De France but it's not about perfection it's about improvements and it sounds like we're stepping in the right direction! :thumbs:

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That's a fair one, mate, but don't rule them out completely. Indeed muscle does weigh in heavier than fat but better muscle density improves metabolism overall and will help you shed fat faster. It's not necessarily about what you weight more the quality of the weight you're carrying.

I was an egg chaser for the best part of 20 years and my knees, ankles and fingers are f*ck*ed but surprisingly I've found that lifting has helped to alleviate a lot of the seasonal arthritic pain I was getting in the cold winter months. I doubt either of us have the discipline or the drugs to enter the Tour De France but it's not about perfection it's about improvements and it sounds like we're stepping in the right direction! :thumbs:

I didn’t know about the improvement in metabolism so that a good thing to know, I’ll do a bit more research on that.

cheers mate 

3 minutes ago, king said:

what weight was you moving at your peak chris...

I don't know if I want to get into that kind of internet bullshittery before I have to go to work this morning! :laugh:

I will say that at 25 I flew over to the US to compete in the USAPL Regional Raw division. Salt Lake City Utah. I placed 5th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I didn’t know about the improvement in metabolism so that a good thing to know, I’ll do a bit more research on that.

cheers mate 

Going back to the OP and what Gnash mentioned earlier too it naturally elevates testosterone as well which helps with a lot of the issues mentioned. That's not to say it's a miracle cure for low T but we do keep demonstrating that diet and exercise plays a huge part nulling a lot of the modern diseases facing the west.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

CJGS.png.9ff258e2047285b2c36b294e06a5b555.png

Up until about 12-18 months ago my lifting was centred around low rep powerlifting, then for some reason I started doing higher volume, high rep, light weight/plyo stuff and I reckon in every respect other than 1rm it's better for me. I feel fitter, less fatigued and aesthetically better.

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Up until about 12-18 months ago my lifting was centred around low rep powerlifting, then for some reason I started doing higher volume, high rep, light weight/plyo stuff and I reckon in every respect other than 1rm it's better for me. I feel fitter, less fatigued and aesthetically better.

I did that earlier on too. If you're looking at competing that's the way to go because you're attempting to max out on big singles. I also switched back to doing lower weights and higher reps and I fully agree it's better all around. My problem was never the training it was the diet. Eat sh*t look like sh*t! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I did that earlier on too. If you're looking at competing that's the way to go because you're attempting to max out on big singles. I also switched back to doing lower weights and higher reps and I fully agree it's better all around. My problem was never the training it was the diet. Eat sh*t look like sh*t! :laugh:

I've never wanted to compete or take anything seriously, just did what I liked for personal growth. It's amazing how a handful of deadlifts can leave you just, well, 'dull' for days. I reckon I got sick more often too.

This higher volume stuff I'm convinced has made me stronger marching up hills etc which I found a bit non-intuitive. Frankly the heavy PLing type stuff sapped my energy level but this regime seems to energise me. Maybe I've got my diet in a better place these days too.

Anyway the only reason I'm waffling on about this is because I've seen anecdotally on myself how sleep, diet and type of exercise affects some of the symptoms stated of low T. No idea what my testosterone levels are so can't link any of it to that but I'm a big advocate of getting shit in order naturally. Simply because I think most folks are so far away from this to start with.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I don't know if I want to get into that kind of internet bullshittery before I have to go to work this morning! :laugh:

I will say that at 25 I flew over to the US to compete in the USAPL Regional Raw division. Salt Lake City Utah. I placed 5th.

Did the great man just lay his hands on you prior? Lol 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Do you need free weights to lift properly, or will one these gyms with the machines do ? 

I’m sure the worlds strongest woman is a neighbour of mine, don’t know what gym she uses tho am the few local are all machines 

Free weights are better as you have to control the weight as well as lift it so using smaller ancillary muscles but any will do to build some muscle as part of a general fitness program.

Edited by sandymere
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Do you need free weights to lift properly, or will one these gyms with the machines do ? 

I’m sure the worlds strongest woman is a neighbour of mine, don’t know what gym she uses tho am the few local are all machines 

Free weights generally target multiple muscle groups at the same time. Machines tend to isolate specific muscles. There's an enormous amount of bullshittery in the fitness industry and it's worth billions. Do a bit of research into what you want to achieve. THL actually does have a ton of genuinely knowledgable people on this one. I've read some really good posts on training over the years.

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Did the great man just lay his hands on you prior? Lol 

He didn't unfortunately. If he had I could have placed and then gone on to the nationals, I'm certain.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Not sure if we have one but must have, might just go start on machines for a bit see if I keep it up an then look for a better gym, Iv honestly never lifted anything other than a kettlebell or dumbbells before ?

Start easy and build up gradually, lots of info on the net such as this beginners routine.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/best-beginner-weight-training-guide-with-easy-to-follow-workout.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I just wanna stay in shape Chris, started doing a bit cardio a while back after me lad started doing boxing an I started doing odd bits here an there, lost a bit motivation an im unsure if it’s me age, work load or me bein lazy ? I have a feeling it’s me age, most gyms here open am close while I’m still busy so have never really bothered showing an I test in them, so I’m just thinking a testing the water and seeing if I enjoy it, an it does anything for me, been same weight All me adult life an like I said Iv never lifted nowt other than everyday stuff, stuff for work or kettlebell ?  I’ll have a look about an ask about but I don’t wanna end up listening to some idiot that thinks Cos he knows a bit more than me he knows best ?

That's a fair one, mate! :thumbs:

I f*ck*ng hate that gym culture and I think this is the first time I"ve ever posted in a THL health and fitness discussion. I generally stick to reading them as there are folk far more knowledgeable than I. Sandy called it above start gradually and work up. It's all about being better than you were yesterday.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

admit it ...your a crossfitter ...:D

• Haha 3