trt treatment..

6 hours ago, king said:

Well can't fault that at all Chris.sounds like the driving factor is your lads wanting to start lifting.which is spot on.

Do you hunt them coyotes at all.

It's certainly got me going again and now my work schedule is calming down a bit that's helping too. I've been on O/T for nearly 10 months and any kind of planning and special diets goes out the window! :laugh:

Not local but I've been out shooting them. Utah has a $50 bounty on the lower jaw and the scalp so it helps pay for the trip! :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

you got a garage gym chris??.....

I'm in the prosess myself....just cleared an old outhouse out....its not big 12 foot by 9 foot......but big enough for a power rack ..bench ..and a few oly bars....not a lot you cant train with that

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

If I stick at the gym me boss has said I can build a garage or out building on farm an do with it as I see fit? so watch this space, unless it all just feels like too much hard work for me ?

got me membership today an gonna go for first time tomorrow? so it’s official

?

When he says do with it as you see fit, would that include signing up thousands of members on two year contracts at £30 a month as that’s what a lot of the big gyms round here do, could be onto a nice little earner ??

• Haha 1

theres a gym somewhere down London way ...but in the sticks a bit....its called the farm gym..i think.....theres two lorry containers with out on side facing each other and an out door space between ....they have a few strong man implements as well....good set up it is....

6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

you got a garage gym chris??.....

I'm in the prosess myself....just cleared an old outhouse out....its not big 12 foot by 9 foot......but big enough for a power rack ..bench ..and a few oly bars....not a lot you cant train with that

I have, mate. I've got an 800sqft detached garage and I cleared it out and dedicated a corner so I could open Bat Fastard's Gym & Grill! I recently invested in some quality squat racks from Ironmind and they've got a really low footprint at 4' x 8'. I won't bench any more not because I can't get a spotter at 0100 but because my rotator cuffs are shot but I do have a decent dipping bar which will be plenty for me. Olympic bar and plates and I'm set. I've got a few other tools on the wish list but they'll be on a need only basis. Happy days! :thumbs:

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I have, mate. I've got an 800sqft detached garage and I cleared it out and dedicated a corner so I could open Bat Fastard's Gym & Grill! I recently invested in some quality squat racks from Ironmind and they've got a really low footprint at 4' x 8'. I won't bench any more not because I can't get a spotter at 0100 but because my rotator cuffs are shot but I do have a decent dipping bar which will be plenty for me. Olympic bar and plates and I'm set. I've got a few other tools on the wish list but they'll be on a need only basis. Happy days! :thumbs:

same here my left ones fecked.....cant get my left forearm vertical....if you get what I mean.....in other words if I do a shoulder press with a free bar...my left arm wants to push out almost in the same plane as an incline bench press....so now I have to use the smith machine...or dumbells on high incline but not vertical

oh and I'm having some pain in my left knee as well.....done it running up some steep banks ferreting back in November....which has pissed me off...as you would think squatting would have done it....ive now had to stop leg training...well quads any way

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You're all fit for the knacker man by the sounds of it! :whistling:

listen to the young fella in his 20's.....

wait till your in ya 50's......funny though its just been these last 2-3 year for me .....up until then I have been fine

• Haha 2

same here my left ones fecked.....cant get my left forearm vertical....if you get what I mean.....in other words if I do a shoulder press with a free bar...my left arm wants to push out almost in the same plane as an incline bench press....so now I have to use the smith machine...or dumbells on high incline but not vertical

I've got the full range of motion I'm just not happy with some of the spectacular failures I had when I did bench. Some days I could rep and then others I'd feel the pain and then it would just give out. Now I'm training alone for 90% of the time it's not worth the risk. I've got dipping attachments for the squat racks and now I have the weight below me and it's a huge psychologically. Not that I can dip worth a sh*t to begin with! :laugh:

59 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Know them well! I could hold it for 4 count. Did you ever attempt No4?

The 3 i can do for reps....the 3.5 i can just about close.....the 4 i cant even move.....they say you have to be able to hold a credit card in it for 5 seconds to count as done.

Im bang into Yoga these days,all you lads lifting away should try it an old boy taught me a couple of years ago and ive never felt as supple....feeling strong is great but you need a body that can serve you in every day life which at times mine wasnt....we all have to make adjustments i suppose.

oh and I'm having some pain in my left knee as well.....done it running up some steep banks ferreting back in November....which has pissed me off...as you would think squatting would have done it....ive now had to stop leg training...well quads any way

Same here. Mines from jumping in and out of the truck all day wearing 30lbs of steel body armour. Always favoured my left leg hence the twinge. I've been lucky there though. I've still been able to squat but I've plateaued on weights.

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The 3 i can do for reps....the 3.5 i can just about close.....the 4 i cant even move.....they say you have to be able to hold a credit card in it for 5 seconds to count as done.

I could get a couple of reps on the 3 but one and hold was where I was at. I kept saying I'd get myself certified on it when I moved over here but you know how that goes! :laugh:

I was in awe with the No4. Hard to believe no one has closed it (officially at least) in 15 years.

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Do any of you use any apps or anything to keep track of what ye do/done?  Lad just told me to download some app to use as a diary sort of bit it’s only in Android an  on iPhone, no great loss like if not?

Notepad and biro. If you're fancy you can get one of those space pens and write in the rain notepad. :D

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im bang into Yoga these days,all you lads lifting away should try it an old boy taught me a couple of years ago and ive never felt as supple....feeling strong is great but you need a body that can serve you in every day life which at times mine wasnt....we all have to make adjustments i suppose.

I've heard similar Gnash and while I'm curious about it I wouldn't know where to start. It would mean going and learning. Looking at some of the patrons of the yoga studios in my nearest city I'd have a hard time with that. Given the choice of listening to a dreadlocked 20 y/o talk about lotus positions or practice failure to stop drills at my range I'm locking and loading everytime! :laugh: Range time is my yoga but I do meditate for complete balance!

5 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Same here. Mines from jumping in and out of the truck all day wearing 30lbs of steel body armour. Always favoured my left leg hence the twinge. I've been lucky there though. I've still been able to squat but I've plateaued on weights.

Bloody hell 30lb of body armour.

What you doing Chris fighting coyote with your bare hands.

• Haha 1