trt treatment..

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What does one set to failure mean?

and is there a rule of thumb on how much weight to start with??

sorry guys but its these daft questions id feel a oroper clown asking in a gym??

1. Failure means you can't physically lift it anymore.
  2. No. Start with the bar. If it's easy stick a couple of pounds on each side. Repeat.
  3. There are no daft questions, mate. This is one of those topics where everyone is usually very helpful as opposed to the usual shitposting. Ask away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What does one set to failure mean?

and is there a rule of thumb on how much weight to start with??

sorry guys but its these daft questions id feel a oroper clown asking in a gym??

Failure means you can't do any more reps in that set.

Lift as much weight as you can with good form and in a safe manner for the number of reps/sets you want to do (experiment to find this). Your form will start to go before you hit total failure and therefore is a safe margin. You don't want to be pushing yourself too hard to begin with anyway. Going hell for leather will make descending the stairs the next few mornings perilous! Your body needs to get used to resistance training, tendons and joints need to toughen so concentrate on form, learning the lifts, learning how you body feels while doing the lifts. For instance certain lifts are designed to target certain muscles, if they aren't the ones that primarily feel 'worked' at the end of the set then you need to figure out where your form is wrong.

Best advice, go with someone who is experienced and sensible.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

admit it ...your a crossfitter ...:D

I can't afford to be a crossfitter! You seen the f***ing prices!? LOL

Also, that's too close to cardio for me. 12-20 reps, sometimes 30 is where I'm at, loads of supersets and deadlifts can f**k off. ha!

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

I can't afford to be a crossfitter! You seen the f***ing prices!? LOL

Also, that's too close to cardio for me. 12-20 reps, sometimes 30 is where I'm at, loads of supersets and deadlifts can f**k off. ha!

yeh there expensive them crossfit gyms.....

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

I don't know if I want to get into that kind of internet bullshittery before I have to go to work this morning! :laugh:

I will say that at 25 I flew over to the US to compete in the USAPL Regional Raw division. Salt Lake City Utah. I placed 5th.

ah fair play chris you must of been dedicated.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

One last daft question, best to start the day with a work out or end the day with one?  Both the start an end a my days are pretty unsociable hours, with few hours in between, so do it matter when I try squeeze in an hours workout? ?

an iv run out likes guys so sorry but all answers are appreciated ?

Whatever you prefer. Folks will go on about optimum hormone levels or 'fasted-cardio' but like supplements, I reckon timing is way down on the priority list. Never lifted in the morning so couldn't really say though.

Just to re-iterate on the what weight question. Start low and work up if that wasn't obvious.

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

One last daft question, best to start the day with a work out or end the day with one?  Both the start an end a my days are pretty unsociable hours, with few hours in between, so do it matter when I try squeeze in an hours workout? ?

an iv run out likes guys so sorry but all answers are appreciated ?

in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter.....but a lot of folk like going at the end of the day after there body has warmed up all day moving around and eating multiple meals...but it don't really matter.....

although there is one school of thought that thinks fasted cardio is better for weight loss....in other words first thing befor brecky

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Not usain bolt.fastest man in the world.he's only 6 seconds faster than me for christ sake.

these olympians aint all that.you aint even got to be good.nobody bothers doing track and field.they just have to be the best of a very small group of people.how long does it take to learn to throw a javelin or jump as far as you can,about a week and thats all they do so of course there better than average anybody could be if thats all they had to do every day.

Over rated.

What a bizarre post i cant quite work out if your serious........is that you Max ? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
On 01/04/2019 at 15:22, PMul said:

I use a product called Androgel. 

Its a gel that you apply to your torso. 

It is the easiest, but most expensive way to go. 

Most people think TRT is for limp dick syndrome. It does work for that, but just as important, it is a boost to your over all wellbeing. 

Make no mistake, if your over 30, your T is depleting at an alarming rate. 

My energy levels are better now than 10/15yrs ago. 

The soft body and lack of interest in things that used to get you going is because your T is depleting. 

Id advise any man over 40 to get his levels checked and improve his lifestyle. 

If you are using gel on its own then dont be surprised if your levels actually go down.....it can con your body into thinking well ok its coming from somewhere so my body doesnt need to produce it itself and your body can actually PRODUCE less....yes you may feel better for a while but the reason you have to apply it every day is because it works off your metabolism and your levels quickly go back down....and like i say,quite often they will go down to lower than what they started at.....gels are really not comparable to injectable for consistently higher levels.

• Like 2

Without wishing to sound unkind or impolite what sort of age are you Katchum and what levels of activity have you been used to......without doubt ANY exercise is going to be beneficial but if you are hoping to pack a bit of muscle on then dont be surprised if you cant.....as we age,the way our body responds to stress changes due to the subject of this topic " testosterone "....ive seen older chaps myself included who still have high test levels naturally simply because our bodies are so used to adapting to the stress of hard physical activity.

Even through long periods without exercise a body that is used to being broken down in the gym maintains strength and fitness better than a body thats not used to gyms.....its the same as the mind.....a mind that is used to seeing how far it can go into the pain of training accepts that pain much easier than a mind that isnt used to it and age plays a big part in that its nothing to do with toughness or any of that bullshit......all im saying is dont expect too much and be realistic with your goals if you are not a fresh faced youngster ready to go out and attack the world ?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter.....but a lot of folk like going at the end of the day after there body has warmed up all day moving around and eating multiple meals...but it don't really matter.....

although there is one school of thought that thinks fasted cardio is better for weight loss....in other words first thing befor brecky

Dont know anything about bodybuilding, but as far as excercise is concerned I have never been able to play or train on a full stomach, I have to be completely empty to be at my best. 

And yet I know some lads who have a full meal before a game and they seem fine?.....I suppose it’s all down to the individual.

• Like 1