trt treatment..

Like most things in life, it all comes down to being realistic about yourself too.

I person who is naturally weedy will never fully combat genetics imho, same as if you are a high aggression sportsman or a more laid back type.....you can improve but you can’t put in what nature left out I reckon.

Honesty is always the best policy and will help achieve better results in conjunction with a bit of common sense and some research.

• Like 3

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started weight lifting befor xmas with a personal trainer. Past month been going at it alone and the biggest diverence i have noticed is my mental helth has inproved ten fold.   Wish

Working out/lifting weights.....will all help your test levels anyway regardless of test boosters. Vit D promotes pituitary gland function which is often another cause of low test,low sex drive e

Are you and socks twins ?!  He sported a similar pic a while back , but was bigger . 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What I will say is those kipping pull ups are the worst thing I've seen lol

Kipping pullups are for people who cant do real pull ups.

Like any other era in fitness things go through trends.....and today its Crossfits turn.....thats all.

18 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I personally think it's a lot of shite from what ive seen alot of it looks dangerous for no reason but i imagine im seeing the worst and there is probably alot of decent workouts involved . Ifyou enjoy it and it keeps you active and fit then it's great for you. 

I've a mate from work who is constantly on a new workout always some 7 days a week loads of isolation and miles of sets and reps. Far too much for a natural and he is burning himself out so much he's not making strength gains  he's not even lifting enough weight to build muscle. He has looked the same since I've known him but if it keeps him moving and fit and he enjoys it  fair enough.

What I will say is those kipping pull ups are the worst thing I've seen lol

every body always mentions the kipping......have you ever tried to do one rusty??...think there a skil to learn correctly in there own right....most good crosfit gyms would get you doing strict pull ups first....and if you cant do them , do them banded...

one thing that they should be real carful about in my opinion is the Olympic lifts....and dead lifts....oly lifts are very technical ....and to some degree the dead lift theres that bit of film of the guy that runs crossfit...forgot his name...but hes with Jason killipa doing deads....and they guys form is frighting

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

All that weight lifting stuff is a massive clique in the uk 

a lad I know very well recently competed in a national comp and in his warm up , lifted the biggest bench and deadlift of the day. 

He won the combined weight by a considerable margin , but didn’t win.... 

afyer a representation he was given the trophy but not the extras or the kudos .... 

sad sad little world

not sure I understand stiffy.....if he had the biggest combined total for the day then he won....

and I pretty sure back stage warming up ...he would not have gone up to his max lift....

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

For years I ve derided cross fit as something people who can’t play sport do . A gym full of ball mongs. 

In reality reebok have pulled it out o the bag and turned fitness into a sport itself .. 

I’ve just finished a variation of murph this morning , where’s me fags at?! 

most crossfit workouts look horrible but that one looks a real killer...

for those that don't know it goes like this..

1 one mile run

2 100 pull ups

2 200 press ups

3 300 air squats

4 one mile run...

did you scale it stiffy..??

there's a power rack and an Olympic bar there katchum....so that's a good start...get some pics up of the rest of the weight room next time.....by the way if no one has said that oly bar weighs 20 kilo on its own...just so you know

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, WILF said:

Like most things in life, it all comes down to being realistic about yourself too.

I person who is naturally weedy will never fully combat genetics imho, same as if you are a high aggression sportsman or a more laid back type.....you can improve but you can’t put in what nature left out I reckon.

Honesty is always the best policy and will help achieve better results in conjunction with a bit of common sense and some research.

I think part of all this journey is finding where your natural strengths and weaknesses are and then adapting your goals to those. You might set out wanting to look like Adonis but discover that is just not the path nature intended for you, then find that you are a gifted powerlifter or have remarkable gymnastic power. No reason not to try to fight your nature and achieve what you can but at the same time learning to accept your strengths and weaknesses may be more beneficial and ultimately equally as rewarding as you thought becoming Adonis would be.

It's a bit of a 'pussified' view, but I think there's a lot to be said for finding balance too. Admirable as f**k are the ones that take a single thing to the extreme but for some the goal is to find balance, maybe sacrificing elite strength or a stage worthy physique for more moderate strength/aesthetics but with that having time and energy to progress their career, passions, other fitness interests etc.

• Like 1

My lock up is full of gym kit ... benches bars dumbbells cable cross over machine lat pull down punch bag etc etc ... but I haven’t got a second in the day to use the fukcing stuff .....

26 minutes ago, socks said:

My lock up is full of gym kit ... benches bars dumbbells cable cross over machine lat pull down punch bag etc etc ... but I haven’t got a second in the day to use the fukcing stuff .....

chuck it in the back of your truck and dump it on my drive mate...ile get rid of it for ya...:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

not sure I understand stiffy.....if he had the biggest combined total for the day then he won....

and I pretty sure back stage warming up ...he would not have gone up to his max lift....

Because he wasn’t in the established circle of competitors , he was second 

until itv was pointed out he’s destroyed the winners totals