A good friend of mine has Prostate Cancer i remember having to drag him up to UCH as he didnt want to go to his own doctor !!....he,s had it 5 years now every 6 months i force him up there for an mri or a biopsy he,s having " active surveillance " they call it.....his psa has barely gone up,its still contained within the prostate itself and he has no pain......so surely its better to know theres something manageable wrong than not know at all ?......i probably worried and researched more about it than he did ?

• Like 4

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had traces of blood in my urine last November so booked in to see a Doctor, he got me an appointment up the hospital straight away, fingers up the bum, camera down the dick.....nothing.They sent me

If one person (you) decides to get checked out because of this thread, then I would call the thread a success

How old are you mate ? What symptoms ..get registered with a doc ..it will take a week to put your mind at rest ..take care .       pS I will let Ken know just in case .

Posted Images

I had traces of blood in my urine last November so booked in to see a Doctor, he got me an appointment up the hospital straight away, fingers up the bum, camera down the dick.....nothing.They sent me for a CT scan which showed something on my kidney, MRI scan showed a cancerous tumour.Eight weeks ago today they removed 1/3 of my kidney harbouring the tumour,I am now back at work and hopefully all clear.They told me I was a text book case apart from the fact 80% don't see a doctor.Get an appointment, it could save you're life.:yes:

• Like 17

Get it checked. I had it done a couple of years back. The worst thing about it was waiting for the doc and noticing the box of gloves on the trolley was size XL. :laugh: 

Well, that and the fact he had a hand on each of my shoulders while he was doing it.  :hmm:

Mate get on and get it sorted, I recently had my full old bloke mot including a camera that felt like it was on wheels pushed up the bum but I feel better for knowing all’s good and anyone willing to go inside my arse has my full admiration, the stress your causing yourself is enough to cause you issues so please get it done ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 3

I had a bit of a scare end of last year 

had all the tests including camera up the bum, it turned out to be nothing

im the sort that don’t really go to docs so it was a long time before I went to get checked and it wasn’t till after I got all the tests that I realised just how much I was worrying about it!

just go and get checked lads it’s not worth the worry

• Like 1

I've had prostate problems for nearly 40 years. I' m 70 next birthday. I've had more fingers up my arse than a soho rent boy.I'm past embarrasment.Get a grip mate. Get it checked. Sooner the big c is caught (if it is that ) the better. Probably it's just inflamation of the prostate ( proststitis) which is very common and treatable with antibiotics.

• Like 4

My father was a decent proud man and never at a doctors in his life. He wouldn't let anybody touch him but unfortunately he developed bone marrow cancer and has 7 fractures in his back and the doctors fractured a rib putting on his lumber support. Kidneys failed only for dialysis brought them back.  Been in intensive care on 2 occasions when the nurses told me he isn't strong enough to pull through the night. I told them you will be surprised how tough the Cnut is and he will be alive in the morning. Still alive 2 year later and getting washed by nurses daily. He  used to be good to family and always provided for us but boss in the house ,expect his dinner every evening at a certain time,had his own armchair and one look would tell you he was in charge. Now he has electric bed , electric stair lift and electric arm chair. It's all please and thanks now when asking for cup of tea or his dinner or when been washed. Humbled is not the word. It doesn't make you a hard man ignoring checkups. Better a finger up the bum telling you things are fine than a saw opening the back of your head on a slab telling your family what went wrong.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, waltjnr said:

What's the crack with this? Not feeling to good, down there, stressed to fukc about it, not even registered with a doc , 

Well,  what did you expect to be told.?  Why aren't  you registered with a doc?  Whatever the problem is you don't  know and neither does anyone on here.  even if you aren't registered they hold a slot or two back for emergencies. They've seen ìt aĺl before and even if you are hung like a donkey that won't phase them. Generally it will be a few questions and then a blood test from the arm which may come back next day. My doctors do all the blood tests in the morning and they go off to the lab at the end of the morning. Most doctors are fully booked and you might not get an appointment so it is advisable to go in personally first thing.  They will do their best for you so don't go ranting and F, ing and blinding. State your case and be prepared to wait.  Hours..  go on your own not mob handed.  Good luck to you.  Let us know how you are.