2 hours ago, liP said:

Reading this thread and being over 50 it's starting to get unnerving. With so many regular posters on here having some experience with the disease and the fact one of my uncles was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in the last few week's. 

I can honestly say that I've only had to visit the doctors probably less than 10 times in my life for me personally and it would be just my bad luck to contract something like this. 

So is it the consensus on here to go for the blood test or the full internal jobby and how often, once a year? 

I'm not feeling any symptoms and everything seems 'normal' down there but I find myself pissing more often and tend not to drink coffee anymore near bedtime as I have to get up and go for a piss in the early hours whereas in the past it could wait till the morning. 

Got to honestly say that if this thread had not been posted, I would never of even contemplated talking about P/C let alone going for a test ?

If one person (you) decides to get checked out because of this thread, then I would call the thread a success ;)

• Like 11

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had traces of blood in my urine last November so booked in to see a Doctor, he got me an appointment up the hospital straight away, fingers up the bum, camera down the dick.....nothing.They sent me

If one person (you) decides to get checked out because of this thread, then I would call the thread a success

How old are you mate ? What symptoms ..get registered with a doc ..it will take a week to put your mind at rest ..take care .       pS I will let Ken know just in case .

Posted Images

I'm very good at sticking my head in the sand and ignoring a problem hoping it will go away, in this case I know that is not wise, what ever it is, caught early hopefully it can be treated and beaten. 

Really surprised by the amount of good advice, and people speaking from experience, shows the quality of this forum, I know it has its moments,but its definitely got far more good moments than bad! 

Will go register at a Dr's and get an appointment, will update later in the week! Wanted a day off to go fishing not bloody docs and finger up bum! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My father had prostate cancer in his early 70s and he’s still kicking about at 83. Most men with prostate cancer die with it and not of it. This thread has just reminded me that it’s been a couple of years since I’ve been tested so I’ll have to get it sorted. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, liP said:

Reading this thread and being over 50 it's starting to get unnerving. With so many regular posters on here having some experience with the disease and the fact one of my uncles was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in the last few week's. 

I can honestly say that I've only had to visit the doctors probably less than 10 times in my life for me personally and it would be just my bad luck to contract something like this. 

So is it the consensus on here to go for the blood test or the full internal jobby and how often, once a year? 

I'm not feeling any symptoms and everything seems 'normal' down there but I find myself pissing more often and tend not to drink coffee anymore near bedtime as I have to get up and go for a piss in the early hours whereas in the past it could wait till the morning. 

Got to honestly say that if this thread had not been posted, I would never of even contemplated talking about P/C let alone going for a test ?

Don't bother with the doctors ,ignore any symptoms ,you'll be ok ...honest 

• Haha 3
28 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

My father had prostate cancer in his early 70s and he’s still kicking about at 83. Most men with prostate cancer die with it and not of it. This thread has just reminded me that it’s been a couple of years since I’ve been tested so I’ll have to get it sorted. 

My grandad had it as well mate. Quite advanced when he got it operated on, but he recovered. Died at 77 of a heart attack while pottering about in his garden in the end. 

8 minutes ago, Malt said:

My grandad had it as well mate. Quite advanced when he got it operated on, but he recovered. Died at 77 of a heart attack while pottering about in his garden in the end. 

It’s crazy how common it is. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

It’s crazy how common it is. 

Across the UK

• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men.
  • Over 47,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year – that's 129 men every day.
  • Every 45 minutes one man dies from prostate cancer – that's more than 11,000 men every year.
  • 1 in 8 men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime.
  • Around 400,000 men are living with and after prostate cancer.
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Don't bother with the doctors ,ignore any symptoms ,you'll be ok ...honest 

Cheers buddy ?

Ps 

is that right, they have started building a bottling plant next to Annfield? ?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Malt said:

Been there myself recently and all lads. Felt like a tightness down there, like I was constantly holding onto a piss kind of thing and couldn't relax it properly. Turns out it was prostatitis after an examination, fortnights worth of pills and she was good to go again. Feared the worst because I have a family history of prostate cancer. Its not always the worst case scenario lads, but get it checked out none the less.. ?

Had prostatitis , bloody horrible couldn't settle wanted to pee all the time and very uncomfortable , tablets sorted it but it was a worrying time , had it afew times since but not as bad boscopan tablets usauly settle things down 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, waltjnr said:

I'm very good at sticking my head in the sand and ignoring a problem hoping it will go away, in this case I know that is not wise, what ever it is, caught early hopefully it can be treated and beaten. 

Really surprised by the amount of good advice, and people speaking from experience, shows the quality of this forum, I know it has its moments,but its definitely got far more good moments than bad! 

Will go register at a Dr's and get an appointment, will update later in the week! Wanted a day off to go fishing not bloody docs and finger up bum! 

Good luck mate, hope all goes well for you...

• Thanks 1

Im mid 40s, had to finger by the doctor once to check a few year ago.

Had all my bloods done recently, uric acid higher than the guidelines so changed a few things. Got a new script for a blood test and asked them to test for prostrate too, my new Dr queried this as they start screening here at 50. So I just said theirs history in the family. Need to wait 3 months between blood tests apparently to show any significant changes in uric acid, so am about due.

• Like 2