Title race

14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Not really mate... 2nd is automatics qualifying for Europe... semi final place in Europe as well..

Yes I agree as far as silverware, but I think for memory this title race will be up there for a long time, finishing 2nd with over 90 points! f**k me that's mental...

Klopp is safe as houses, Man City just have more depth...plus Pep is top quality too...

Great run in, and will be a twitchy final day for the pair of them...

Understand as far as qualifying mate, I solely meant in terms of the league.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IHow the fk ,did a thread about the title race turn into a SAFkin C thread ??? Is it like Godwins law ?

I don't care what the result is ,I don't care if we don't win the league ,I don't are if hendo and Milner are shot ,I don't care if we have to spend millions to have any chance ,I don't care if no one

I think after Fergie went, with the subsequent managerial failures, the "soul" of Utd went. Now they're just another club, not the giants they were. It's f***ing great ? Cheers, D.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Not really mate... 2nd is automatics qualifying for Europe... semi final place in Europe as well..

Yes I agree as far as silverware, but I think for memory this title race will be up there for a long time, finishing 2nd with over 90 points! f**k me that's mental...

Klopp is safe as houses, Man City just have more depth...plus Pep is top quality too...

Great run in, and will be a twitchy final day for the pair of them...

and should be great for my team wolves , pool should beat us   maybe   Liverpool 3 wolves 1 , man city should win both of there games and wolves  get Europe football brill, hope wolves can  play as good next season , and finish about the same  place . come on the wolves make a  w-ton bloke proud again,   just like steve bull did for the club . 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, WILF said:

Whilst I totally agree with your sentiment mate, the fact is, nobody remembers 2nd.

If Liverpool don’t win they may as well have come 14th as far as the PL and as a player is concerned.

True but we can remember it as massive step towards 1st and I honestly don’t think many Liverpool fans expected to win the league anyway! If so then yes it’s a failure but if not then it’s a massive step in the right direction

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tbf, Pool are due the win but hope to feck it ain't this year, c,'mon City :toast:

I quite like Klop as a manager and as for the Pool, they have an exciting attacking squad. 

I'm of an age where Pool won a lot of trophies when I was a youngster and as a result many lads jumped on Red bandwagon, my brother included. 

The only trophy Pool haven't won, is the Premiership, and fooking long may it continue :toast::toast::bye:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, WILF said:

Whilst I totally agree with your sentiment mate, the fact is, nobody remembers 2nd.

If Liverpool don’t win they may as well have come 14th as far as the PL and as a player is concerned.

Thats just madness Wilf....so 95% of footballers and football teams are forgotten about if they dont win ?....only a very small percentage of sportsmen actually win stuff.

I remember like yesterday West Hams top ten finishes in the late 90,s.....our 7th in 2015....our 5th in 98....we was a force in that season fans of clubs remember those times with great fondness......to say a player would not have pride in a runners up medal and " may as well of come 14th " does a terrible disservice to competetive sport and sportsmen and in my opinion most are simply not like that.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

True but we can remember it as massive step towards 1st and I honestly don’t think many Liverpool fans expected to win the league anyway! If so then yes it’s a failure but if not then it’s a massive step in the right direction

Bollocks...............every Liverpool fan I've spoken to have said the same this year is ours, and they will say the same next year, and I hope they are just as sick next year as they will be this year, barring no slip up at Brighton..................come on the Wolves ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats just madness Wilf....so 95% of footballers and football teams are forgotten about if they dont win ?....only a very small percentage of sportsmen actually win stuff.

I remember like yesterday West Hams top ten finishes in the late 90,s.....our 7th in 2015....our 5th in 98....we was a force in that season fans of clubs remember those times with great fondness......to say a player would not have pride in a runners up medal and " may as well of come 14th " does a terrible disservice to competetive sport and sportsmen and in my opinion most are simply not like that.

For a team like us mate, as fans, yes we do remember those things with fondness.

But do you really think, after so long and given the stature of LFC, that the fans, the club, the players will be happy with 2nd?

Really mate?.........I reckon you are having a mellow moment pal because you don’t strike me as the sort of bloke that would ever be happy with 2nd in competitive anything.

18 minutes ago, delswal said:

Bollocks...............every Liverpool fan I've spoken to have said the same this year is ours, and they will say the same next year, and I hope they are just as sick next year as they will be this year, barring no slip up at Brighton..................come on the Wolves ?

I’m sure they have due to being up there all season! I did mean before a ball was even kicked tbh ?

8 hours ago, WILF said:

For a team like us mate, as fans, yes we do remember those things with fondness.

But do you really think, after so long and given the stature of LFC, that the fans, the club, the players will be happy with 2nd?

Really mate?.........I reckon you are having a mellow moment pal because you don’t strike me as the sort of bloke that would ever be happy with 2nd in competitive anything.

I think for a few clubs in the premiership Wilf survival is the number 1 issue never mind 1st or 2nd, outside of the top 5 who is there realistically to come second never mind winning the title............albeit Leicester was a one off. Many teams out there their goal is a top ten finish 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

You have to keep it realistic though Wilf in a competition at something i know i can win of course id be gutted at 2nd place but in a ballet competition id be over the moon with 2nd place ?

Of course Liverpool will be disappointed as they will have felt they could win it......but 14th would be disastrous for the top clubs.... Man Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea etc go into meltdown if they finish outside the top 4 let alone 14th... we have 6 or 7 big clubs in England they cant all win thats what makes league football what it is.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

I’m sorry mate but I genuinely don’t see Liverpool winning the league again , 

ill say this ,

city are establishing themselves as  the number one club in England 

united are gone for 3 4 years , however bear in mind this is Man Utd , the worlds biggest team , money will always be found . 

Chelsea look like they are in clip 

arsenal the same 

spurs are building at quite a dramatic rate . 

Liverpool need to  savagely invest in the next two windows as it’s only a matter of time before van diik and that front line get fed up of second place . 

200 million is needed to get that title for the scousers minimum. 

3 or 4 top top players 

although he had his critics , bale would be an absolute fantastic addition to that side . Milliner and Henderson are shot to bits and probably past their best. 

Bale would be fantastic in a free moving box to box role , you need an engine room at the heart of that side to finally get it over the line . 

100m for bale , get that young lad back from on loan at rangers , blood in that young striker of yours from the youth team 

maybe kompany in from city ? 

Get some coin spent wisely and they can make a serious dent into the perm for years to come ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m sorry mate but I genuinely don’t see Liverpool winning the league again , 

ill say this ,

city are establishing themselves as  the number one club in England 

united are gone for 3 4 years , however bear in mind this is Man Utd , the worlds biggest team , money will always be found . 

Chelsea look like they are in clip 

arsenal the same 

spurs are building at quite a dramatic rate . 

Liverpool need to  savagely invest in the next two windows as it’s only a matter of time before van diik and that front line get fed up of second place . 

200 million is needed to get that title for the scousers minimum. 

3 or 4 top top players 

although he had his critics , bale would be an absolute fantastic addition to that side . Milliner and Henderson are shot to bits and probably past their best. 

Bale would be fantastic in a free moving box to box role , you need an engine room at the heart of that side to finally get it over the line . 

100m for bale , get that young lad back from on loan at rangers , blood in that young striker of yours from the youth team 

maybe kompany in from city ? 

Get some coin spent wisely and they can make a serious dent into the perm for years to come ...

?

• Like 1