Depression

Mentioned elsewhere & seeing as its good to talk - which typically we dont!

Zinc Magnesium! 

Over-the-counter magnesium tablets can banish the blues in just TWO WEEKS without the side effects associated with antidepressants

• Taking a daily dose of the mineral eases depression without causing side effects
  • Some 61% of the study's participants would use the supplements in the future
  • Magnesium combats inflammation, which is linked to the mental health disorder
  • Improvements occur regardless of the patient's age, sex or antidepressant use 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4646528/Magnesium-tablets-significantly-improve-depression.html 

https://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/pure-zinc-magnesium-and-vitamin-b6

"I listen to The Smiths to cheer myself up"

Edited by Waz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray,its clear you have no real understanding of depression,you can take all the meds in the world and it will never sort out the mind of a manic depressive,and you got the patience of a saint ...id be

currently caring for my dear lady at the moment. breast cancer, I used to be one happy chappy, but now, yes im depressed. but I put on a brave face for the sake of her, I could go on and on, but I dun

if you could put depression into some sort of order  this is the way id describe it ,,firstly ,theres slight depression ,kind of like an umbrella over them,...when some one gets down in the dumps, ,,t

Posted Images

is depression ,=  a imbalance , or just state of mind .??  because , if its just the latter  man up, have look around the hospitals  the poor buggers dying  of cancer  etc, more so the young children , then tell your self how lucky you are , and life great .But if its a imbalance of the brain, well get the best drugs you can to treat it. i worked years ago with a bloke was (manic- depressive )  and he was bloody hard work, i used to get pissed off with him, i had to try and keep away from him  , as he drag you down with him lol  /

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trials using psilocybin (magic mushrooms) have shown great promise in the treatment of clinical depression. Hopefully more research can be done, and without the stigma that the research and administration of cannaboids had simply because they’re also illegally used recreationally.

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, bird said:

is depression ,=  a imbalance , or just state of mind .??  because , if its just the latter  man up, have look around the hospitals  the poor buggers dying  of cancer  etc, more so the young children , then tell your self how lucky you are , and life great .But if its a imbalance of the brain, well get the best drugs you can to treat it. i worked years ago with a bloke was (manic- depressive )  and he was bloody hard work, i used to get pissed off with him, i had to try and keep away from him  , as he drag you down with him lol  /

Feck me, you are all heart...?

• Like 13
1 hour ago, bird said:

yes  i suppose you have to put things in perspective  , some poor fkr  have no arms and legs  thats a real pisser . i dont know about depression fortunatly i dont have it , ,but i do know if your a piss head or drugy that definatly wont cure depression  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

You can have all sorts of drugs but they don't suit everyone its very trial and error, in some cases they can make things worse 

Seems today the docs haven't time to talk, and just dish out proscriptions and want you out the door as soon as , so they can get through there appointments 

The charity mind are a lot better at helping if there available in your area 

• Like 1

It's a nasty thing is depression lost a couple of friends to it. being a typical bloke I had no time for it and had the attitude of man the f**k up and get on with it to be honest.1 friend we had no idea at all he suffered from it till he hung himself at this point I have to say my all outlook changed I'm still shit at all the sympathy shit but it doesn't take much to listen spend a bit of time with people when you know they need it family dying relationship breakdowns etc.not saying my views have changed just some people need that arm around them to know someone does care that's why my out look has changed on the situation but my personal views are the same 

A lot of depression and associated illnesses (anxiety, ocd etc) are due to a lack of serotonin hence a lot of antidepressants are serotonin boosters. That's why telling somebody to "man the fcuk up" is as pointless as telling a diabetic they don't need insulin.

• Like 8

I also have an aunt,my mothers sister,she was put into a psychiatric hospital at the age of 23,she is going to be 88 next monday,Shes never seen the outside world since,mental health problems are not a triviality ,nor can they be sorted with a fist of tablets

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bird said:

with that way of thinking you would have no reason to be upset or pissed off in your life because theirs always someone in a worse position somewhere in the world

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Ray,its clear you have no real understanding of depression,you can take all the meds in the world and it will never sort out the mind of a manic depressive,and you got the patience of a saint ...id be very happy not to have you anywhere near  any poor soul with mental issues,you have a very selfish outlook it seems after reading your thoughts ..ive lived with a family member for 50 years with mental health issues,and its horrendous for all the family but 10 times worse for the sufferer

Depression not Rays chosen subject.......you got a bad back then he’s your man :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I had a mate who got divorced ,did not see his kids for 6 month he was a big hard doorman he did not need to man up hard as they come,he hit the bottle stopped going out did not mix with people suffered very badly with depression ,I saw this man go down hill very quickly so did my mates we all tried to be there for him in the end he would not answere the door to uss we used to leave shopping at his back door ,he suffered for 3 years had most tablets to try to help him ,sadly he took his own life ,yes DEPRESSION is a very sad thing and if you have no one to turn to which most don't you can just end up in a secure unit for the rest of your days very sad

• Sad 1