4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Thanks for that. I'm sure everyone will be watching closely regardless! :laugh:

Going to be really interesting to see the full legal advice on the Withdrawal Agreement that they've now been forced to publish. Must be a reason they fought so hard to keep it under wraps...

Going to be a great week for politics geeks! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

Just now, BGD said:

Going to be really interesting to see the full legal advice on the Withdrawal Agreement that they've now been forced to publish. Must be a reason they fought so hard to keep it under wraps...

Farage has quit ukip, not that it matters , wonder if we'll see a new party emerge

• Like 2
Just now, BGD said:

This isn't connected with Brexit in the slightest but your PM's are either full or off. No worries.

Willie Grayeyes and Kenneth Maryboy were elected to San Juan County Commission, here in Utah. That gives the Navajo men a 2 - 1 majority on the commission. This comes after decades of gerrymandering and voter suppression. The ACLU monitored the election after the county was subject to court-ordered redistricting districting because of the shenanigans. Their platform is based on improving local infrastructure for the Navajo Nation but their election win gives them a huge boost fighting the federal attempt to reduce the size of Bears Ears National Monument.

Democracy is alive and well! :thumbs:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Farage has quit ukip, not that it matters , wonder if we'll see a new party emerge

Aye UKIP should be in the ascendancy with all this going on but they're a shambles right now.

3 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

This isn't connected with Brexit in the slightest but your PM's are either full or off. No worries.

Willie Grayeyes and Kenneth Maryboy were elected to San Juan County Commission, here in Utah. That gives the Navajo men a 2 - 1 majority on the commission. This comes after decades of gerrymandering and voter suppression. The ACLU monitored the election after the county was subject to court-ordered redistricting districting because of the shenanigans. Their platform is based on improving local infrastructure for the Navajo Nation but their election win gives them a huge boost fighting the federal attempt to reduce the size of Bears Ears National Monument.

Democracy is alive and well! :thumbs:

That's great news pal :thumbs: I remember seeing stuff about the efforts to get Natives registered after there was some fecking about with districts and I had hoped such blatant attempts to suppress their vote would just make them turn out even stronger. Sounds like they did!

• Like 1

All the bias news floating around now but they all miss the most important issue , we voted out , all the waffle now is bollox , couldn’t give a fk about  options now we voted out fkn eu loving cnts we not racist we don’t want eu governing these isles , it’s pitiful to listen to the liberal bullshit shameful cnts 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BGD said:

Cheers pal :thumbs:

Well at this point I think it's more likely than not that the government will fail to pass the Withdrawal Agreement and lose the no confidence vote that's scheduled to follow on Dec 11th and after that there's three possible outcomes that I'll list from least likely to most likely (IMO)

1.) May manages to cobble together another Confidence & Supply arrangement within the 14 day time limit. Can't really see that happening because the concessions she'd have to make to get the votes would literally destroy the party.

2.) The opposition parties manage to come together to command a majority in the house. Again not very likely because of the fundemental disagreements between all the various opposition parties.

3.) A General Election is called after both main parties fail to get a majority together after the 14 days. Most likely outcome by far IMO and I'm confident Labour could win a GE comfortably :victory:

Or, and I think it's increasingly likely........

She gets her deal through !

Not on its own merits, because it's so obviously a piece of 5hit, but because she's taken the line of "no plan B...........it's this or nothing !". If her deal isn't accepted, and if the EU are truly not prepared to renegotiate (and why would they be ?), that leaves us with the very real prospect of a no deal Brexit..........the one thing all sides fear the most !

Not only that, but Tory rebels would effectively be bringing their own government down !

Leadsom and Gove have already gone over to the dark side.  I wonder how many others are feeling their spine getting a bit wobbly as the day ticks closer ??

Never underestimate the politicians talent for self-preservation !

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Not on its own merits, because it's so obviously a piece of 5hit, but because she's taken the line of "no plan B...........it's this or nothing !". If her deal isn't accepted, and if the EU are truly not prepared to renegotiate (and why would they be ?), that leaves us with the very real prospect of a no deal Brexit..........the one thing all sides fear the most !

Not only that, but Tory rebels would effectively be bringing their own government down !

Leadsom and Gove have already gone over to the dark side.  I wonder how many others are feeling their spine getting a bit wobbly as the day ticks closer ??

Her plan all along “ the  eu side of life “ or Corbyn , be a funny situation when they all out canvassing  at election time and they all get cnted lol 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Well I was talking about what happens if the bill doesn't pass but of course there's a chance it will it's just not very likely when you look at the parliamentary arithmetic, the DUP have already come out and said they will be voting against the bill and the vast bulk of the "hard brexit" wing of the party will vote against it too leaving May having to find an almost impossible number of Labour rebels to prop her up. Even if she did manage that she would just be delaying the inevitable and further damaging the party, can you imagine the backlash from the party faithful who overwhelmingly oppose the deal if she forces it through with Labour votes?

Anything could happen and if there's one thing we've been able to rely on recently it's May's ability to wriggle out of situations that everyone thought would be the end of her but I just don't see a path out of if for her this time TBH.

Remember the full legal advice is going to be published tomorrow too, if the government thought it would make MPs more likely to vote for the deal I doubt they would have gone to such lengths to block it being published...

Edited by BGD