Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d personally go further and say that for a lot , the ban was irrelevant anyway lol 

its very hard to legitimise a borderline illegitimate activity 

Your right probably attracted more people to it if you talk to any young man now its smash this big fella that hoof and claw lol 

Mention a rabbit and them slope off bored

• Haha 2

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Okay your older , you win 

in fact no fick it 

it’s you lots fault it got banned 

The majority of lurcher men did f**k all as rhe van came in , even the awl were embarrassing, the likes of Geoff Ogden etc were out of their depth against the new labour political machine 

The AWL were formed in October 2015. Long after the ban came in.

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d personally go further and say that for a lot , the ban was irrelevant anyway lol 

its very hard to legitimise a borderline illegitimate activity 

See, now we have a bit of common ground. I said from the start, how can this ban be policed etc,  when it comes to many lurcher lads going about their business quietly with no fuss, and more importantly NOT blabbing to all and sundry and NOT posting pics etc

On 23/06/2018 at 15:05, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Honestly , 

as a younger man I lamped the small hilly fields of Cumbria, hillocks hedgerows ditches , 

I was lucky enough to spend a few seasons hunting exclusively with the lad who made the Kiera goes lamping videos 

kiera was exclusively collie greyhound, and was ran hard for a few seasons, show me a beddy that can handle that amount of work , you can’t as none can or could on that terrain . Fact. 

Kiera was powerful quick hardy intelligent and three pups better than her in the opinion of her owner , incidentally Kiera is still alive at nearly 20 

theres not a beddy blooded dog in the country to lace her boots imho 

Have you not got a link to theses videos be interesting to see this terrian you are on about checked you tube couldn't find anything on it  about your mates dog and lamping cheers 

Edited by nothernlite
13 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Have you not got a link to theses videos be interesting to see this terrian you are on about checked you tube couldn't find anything on it  about your mates dog and lamping cheers 

Your in trouble now 

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

He sold the rights to them a long time back , they are freely available 

it’s not the terrain that’s the admirable side , it’s the sheer volume of work the bitch does 

Fair play everyone likes to see a good grafter 

20 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Believe it. England has changed so much in the last 40 years that is not so much a different country as on a different planet compared to how it was.

We could use public transport with terriers. Tools and all.

We could walk back into the estate we lived on carrying gutted rabbits and hares after catching them on the remnants of the surrounding farmland. . No one took offence at this.

The first time that I was abruptly made aware of the change in attitude towards the things that I loved to do with those that don't was when a girl spat in my face. Ferrets down, nets in place, two terriers on guard on local land and a girl approached me (she was trespassing but so was I) , called me a c##t and said " I hope you die of cancer!". Then she spat at me. She was with a bloke but he kept his neck.

Then came he whole "badger baiting" thing. Anyone who walked out with terriers ran the risk of being accused of this crime. And they had a helicopter.

In a very short space of time it went from a love hunting to being treated like a criminal.

I have read this and what a negative miserable old b*****d I  have became. What has a love of hunting and dogs given me? Rather a lot.

I have spent many hours in locations that truly are the most beautiful places on this planet. There have been times, most particularly on the high ground, that I have found myself in need of taking a moment to sit down and appreciate it all.

• Like 8
17 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I have read this and what a negative miserable old b*****d I  have became. What has a love of hunting and dogs given me? Rather a lot.

I have spent many hours in locations that truly are the most beautiful places on this planet. There have been times, most particularly on the high ground, that I have found myself in need of taking a moment to sit down and appreciate it all.

Definitely 20180204_131507.thumb.jpg.9695383815b87f116845db4e5e3c4124.jpg20180204_120516.thumb.jpg.0e6eaab5bf80f6a5ff76b45de81144f6.jpg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Anyway poxon, yes it is nice to see the more traditional types making a comeback, even if they never really went away ?

Never fully a way but low in numbers on the people that had interest in the xs or types I think it’s nice to see more of the traditional type Lurcher as I really favour the type over modern day stuff.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Never fully a way but low in numbers on the people that had interest in the xs or types I think it’s nice to see more of the traditional type Lurcher as I really favour the type over modern day stuff.

Definitely ?

• Like 1