Amazed how in the last few years how people are coming back to the collie xs an bedlington xs

Ffs ???

what a Bunch of fannies , at xmas I saw two 15 year old lads walking through my town with a pair of extremely well bred lurchers and a bag of rabbits 

no one batted an eyelid 

i wouldn’t think twice about it and hopefully neither will my boy when he gets up and about 

terriers agreed but don’t be afraid , 

if you’ve done f**k all wrong , fuvk them 

• Like 2

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher. We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...  We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up i

Collie bedlington mix young bitch I’m hoping for good things from

Here is another old favorite of mine for you Bonny Lad...he loved the Roe with all his heart...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, vin said:

on the odd occasion when I'm up on the dales ferreting, a walker will stop to see what I'm doing etc...Often they will spend half an hour asking questions and watching in amazement at the dogs and ferrets etc. I must admit that in all that time I've never had anyone become negative or aggressive etc towards what I'm doing. . . they seem to understand its all part of the ways of the countryside.

its when you're near the town and cities and dealing with numpties who watch and listen to Cwiss Pakman and that curly haired tosser from Queen... they're the ones ya can't have a logical conversation with.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhr packham 

Bellend

Well its all relative at 1 time the whole village turned out to a dig and carried old brock to the village green to watch him run off over afternoon tea including the local bobby now they dint do that in the 70s and many years before that a good bull bait was the order of the day  so its been going down hill for a long time but now its at its crappest

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Well its all relative at 1 time the whole village turned out to a dig and carried old brock to the village green to watch him run off over afternoon tea including the local bobby now they dint do that in the 70s and many years before that a good bull bait was the order of the day  so its been going down hill for a long time but now its at its crappest

our way off life has been taken from us by the establishment and no mistake. we be jumping the reservation next

• Like 3
On 18/06/2018 at 12:31, tank34 said:

Beddy greyhound for me love this x most have big Harts 

Beddy greyhound f1, just over 4 months old, very forward and learning commands well, broken to ferrets, fowl, looking forward to future seasons with her. Atb 

IMG_20180520_094913.jpg

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher.

We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...

We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up in the farmyards..

Ferreting alongside public footpaths, we encountered plenty of folks, from dog walkers to ramblers,... I don't remember anyone showing anything other, than a deep-seated interest in our activities. If they wanted to stand and watch rabbits hitting the nets, we did not mind, just as long as they were quiet.

Sometimes we would be carrying bundles of shushis back to the truck and folk would stop us and ask to buy a brace, often the entire day's catch would be sold before we reached the vehicle.  Things were different then,...people were different...:yes:

img009_tif.jpg.d7a384fcf14d2d0a70c4b2555f391bb5.jpg

World was a different place back then Phil, 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Back in the day,...I worked with an old rabbit catcher.

We traveled all along the South coast and snared and ferreted hundreds of rabbits...

We slept in the old Bedford van and parked up in the farmyards..

Ferreting alongside public footpaths, we encountered plenty of folks, from dog walkers to ramblers,... I don't remember anyone showing anything other, than a deep-seated interest in our activities. If they wanted to stand and watch rabbits hitting the nets, we did not mind, just as long as they were quiet.

Sometimes we would be carrying bundles of shushis back to the truck and folk would stop us and ask to buy a brace, often the entire day's catch would be sold before we reached the vehicle.  Things were different then,...people were different...:yes:

img009_tif.jpg.d7a384fcf14d2d0a70c4b2555f391bb5.jpg

Speckle to the left of those rabbits phil?

• Like 2
10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ffs ???

what a Bunch of fannies , at xmas I saw two 15 year old lads walking through my town with a pair of extremely well bred lurchers and a bag of rabbits 

no one batted an eyelid 

i wouldn’t think twice about it and hopefully neither will my boy when he gets up and about 

terriers agreed but don’t be afraid , 

if you’ve done f**k all wrong , fuvk them 

So because you saw two lads with lurchers and some rabbits in your town, and no-one said anything to them, everything's fine with lurcherwork in this country eh? Ffs.  Facts are about 90% of people in britain are opposed to hunting in any form, even if most of them are not 'really' antis. And it's been getting worse every couple of years since about the late 70's

• Like 4
11 hours ago, vin said:

I don't wanna throw a spanner in this thread, but if I could choose my next dog.

It would be a Collie x Greyhound  X Greyhound x Deerhound.  

11 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Yep, them old hairy yins are good fun...?

scan0098.thumb.jpg.11a041fe3ad84ba24c589133bbffa77e.jpg

Owned a couple, and seen quite a few of these at work over the years. And they've all been very good on all quarry, especially on the lamp. Probably the type I favour more than all others

Edited by shaaark

Boo hoo 

whats anti lurcher then in the press other than op gallelio? 

in struggling to see anything 

its this skulking about attitude that  got it banned ? We should have lamped an entire moor together, or held a midnight walk , everyone with a blitz and a lurcher apiece 

we should have went en masse to places and cleaned it out of hares 

Public bias against lurchers ? 

Ni one gives a f**k mate , the general public's idea of lurcher Work is a scene in snatch ,  

but yes , the fact I saw two lads carrying their wares with their sleek charges beside them , regardless of stares or whatever filled me with hope for the futurec

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Boo hoo 

whats anti lurcher then in the press other than op gallelio? 

in struggling to see anything 

its this skulking about attitude that  got it banned ? We should have lamped an entire moor together, or held a midnight walk , everyone with a blitz and a lurcher apiece 

we should have went en masse to places and cleaned it out of hares 

Public bias against lurchers ? 

Ni one gives a f**k mate , the general public's idea of lurcher Work is a scene in snatch ,  

but yes , the fact I saw two lads carrying their wares with their sleek charges beside them , regardless of stares or whatever filled me with hope for the futurec

What a cracking idea a mass lamping free for all ?

But i feel there would be no one to arrest be the morning as we would have killed and eaten each other and there would just be a pile of lamps and a right jag of lurchers moping about the place 

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

What a cracking idea a mass lamping free for all ?

But i feel there would be no one to arrest be the morning as we would have killed and eaten each other and there would just be a pile of lamps and a right jag of lurchers moping about the place 

So what did you do when the ban came in?