dave platts' saracen

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had some great times with my Deerhound hybrids, back in the 1980s,...everybody had em...  

Here you are mick,sheps on the right I think,the one on the left is S.T's deerhound cross red?

Posted Images

On 26/11/2017 at 21:06, Phil Lloyd said:

Had some great times with my Deerhound hybrids, back in the 1980s,...everybody had em...:yes:

img099_tif.jpg.6a840671c541c526fdbb89377a70d90b.jpg

Jesus I remember that pic Phil I think it was in the shooting news and your right everybody ran deerhoundxgreyhounds then,plus it wasn’t hard to find the right dog.most of ours was doxhope bred from up here as he wasn’t far from us.shame he still doesn’t do them.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, grompz said:

had a dogs from dave over the years,and they were all he said they would be, always found him to be honest and a gentleman, regarding his dogs,and i was genuinely  happy with his stock, dave has dedicated a lot of years and hard work into recreating the english deerhound,alot of bad comments are made by folk who have never run or owned dogs bred by dave,and who listen to hearsay by others,he has been breeding deerxgreys along time now ,and still sends them all over the world, so that speaks for itself,good job people with the obsession of dave are still within the lurcher world.

So why did he get a dog called Saxon (30 inches tall) that was given more than it should of off John slack,and don’t get me wrong this dog looked the part and could run all day but would never pick up go from that to Dave’s then be the best thing going.beats me when it was about 3yrs old when John sold him it and told him the crack on it.bearing in mind John is a registered slipper and has land to die for on hares and this dog was given over aleast 100 chances but still didn’t do it.thats one reason I wouldn’t take a pup off him.i only source the right pups from the right parents that’s why John has gone into saluki bred dogs now cos he couldn’t find the right deerhound bred dogs to use to keep his line going.shame really but you are right a lot of people don’t understand the deerhound takes time to mature and listen to other people who brobably never had them.

• Like 1

Here’s another one for you,that’s like saying darcy writes genuine story’s (not) if you have a look at his 1st lurched book he wrote there is a pic with a bullx bitch and a 2ndx deerhound greyhound bitch in the pic with 2 deer lay down in front of my mate.the story is about that bull bitch catching it’s 1st this that and the other.dont get me wrong the bull bitch was as fast as anything and would go in on the kill with any other dog but left to it’s own it couldn’t to it.the only dogs that caught them 2 deer were brother and sister 2ndx deerhoundxgreyhouds.we keep looking through the photos of what our deerhoundxs have had over the years and would probably show a good few bullxs up.so that’s my story fro platt and darcy.never believe what ya here only what you have seen ?

• Like 5

Deerhounds are on the shelf sadly it’s a lost cause there found wanting! If this wasn’t the case An they truly were or are good hare dogs,Fox dogs,deer dogs there would be plenty of options still about that are still producing the goods today there a weak link regardless of how the law stands there the dog of yesteryear that didn’t make the cut there’s far better options out there for these jobs today 

1 hour ago, lurchers said:

So why did he get a dog called Saxon (30 inches tall) that was given more than it should of off John slack,and don’t get me wrong this dog looked the part and could run all day but would never pick up go from that to Dave’s then be the best thing going.beats me when it was about 3yrs old when John sold him it and told him the crack on it.bearing in mind John is a registered slipper and has land to die for on hares and this dog was given over aleast 100 chances but still didn’t do it.thats one reason I wouldn’t take a pup off him.i only source the right pups from the right parents that’s why John has gone into saluki bred dogs now cos he couldn’t find the right deerhound bred dogs to use to keep his line going.shame really but you are right a lot of people don’t understand the deerhound takes time to mature and listen to other people who brobably never had them.

John bred litter deer/greys 10 month ago.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

John bred litter deer/greys 10 month ago.

Are you sure they haven’t got a saluki blood in them cos when I spoke to him a little while ago he couldn’t put his finger on any of his line that wasn’t outcrossed with something else.even his father didn’t have anything either.

14 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Are you sure they haven’t got a saluki blood in them cos when I spoke to him a little while ago he couldn’t put his finger on any of his line that wasn’t outcrossed with something else.even his father didn’t have anything either.

100% sure Sire was deer grey Dam was pure grey only had the litter to keep his blood going my mate has 1 he going to be handy dog.

35 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Have u deerhound X there now lurchers?

No I’ve jacked the dogs in now since I lost my guns because of my youngest stepson,plus the game is ruined now with the muppets driving the land and killing and leaving the stuff,that pees me off big time so why people just starting out now with running dogs amazes me.because they will end up listening to the village idiots and doing exactly what they are doing now.they would be better off buying a PlayStation or Xbox to entertain themselves.but if I did go for a decent bred dog now it would be a good deerhoundxgreyhound x a good beddiexgreyhound though northernlites stuff.as I know his beddiexs are generation bred with nowt else in the mix and are a good size and fast.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

100% sure Sire was deer grey Dam was pure grey only had the litter to keep his blood going my mate has 1 he going to be handy dog.

Who bred them John or Rupert as I know even off the greyhound side they will be well bred pups and capable of the job.they have plenty of wind in them to.

8 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Who bred them John or Rupert as I know even off the greyhound side they will be well bred pups and capable of the job.they have plenty of wind in them to.

John a think the bitch was a2 Sunderland but Sunderland bad grade she would been a4 most other track but she was tough had 100 races never went lame so that's plus a know of John when he used to slip at greyhound coursing meets a worked for Liz Hall and Bish when a was kid.

Edited by Havelightforcewilltravel