Diesel And Petrol Ban

Don't you find such statistics a bit meaningless?

I mean it's got no real context. If NOX emissions from diesel engines was estimated to be responsible for 7000 infant deaths a year who otherwise would have had a life expectancy of 85 then that's a bit different from say an estimate of 7000 84 year olds dying 6 months prematurely from a life time of NOX exposure. Yet the simple headline statistic doesn't change.....

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the bareknuckle fighters I'm worried for.   What are they going to steep their fists in now?

Wont mining the rare earth metals for the batteries be pretty destructive and polluting

Don't even need a cable. Just rig up a sensibly sized induction coil under the national grid's power cables and you can siphon free 'leccy wirelessly........  

I assume technology will have come on by then but I can't imagine electric lorries.

Driverless electric lorries?

No no no no no, Thorium reactor engines are the way forward for freight. Just make sure you are not in a 5 mile blast zone radius in the event of a accident!

http://www.industrytap.com/thorium-fueled-automobile-engine-needs-refueling-once-a-century/15649

:D

If I remember correctly.... Doesn't Thorium need Plutonium (or such) to start a reaction? Or is that just a nuclear reaction?

I assume technology will have come on by then but I can't imagine electric lorries.

No no no no no, Thorium reactor engines are the way forward for freight. Just make sure you are not in a 5 mile blast zone radius in the event of a accident!

http://www.industrytap.com/thorium-fueled-automobile-engine-needs-refueling-once-a-century/15649

If I remember correctly.... Doesn't Thorium need Plutonium (or such) to start a reaction? Or is that just a nuclear reaction?

Yeah I think you're right. It was just something I have stored in the back of my head with lots of other useless crap. LOL

• Like 1

How am I supposed to go siphoning electric at night ?.....

Just go out and hook a cable up and charge all your electrical goods instead. Save in energy bills

Don't even need a cable. Just rig up a sensibly sized induction coil under the national grid's power cables and you can siphon free 'leccy wirelessly........

:whistling::angel:

• Like 2

Given that electricity generation produces pollution.......

How are we going to generate the extra capacity needed to charge all these electric cars ?

Does an electric car, that travels 100,000 miles per year, use more or less energy (and therefore create more or less pollution), than my diesel car, that travels 15,000 per year ?

What about all the by-products of oil refining ? Will we have less of them ? If so, what will they be replaced with ?

And then, there's the increased chaos that will be caused in the Middle East, as they lose their revenue streams !

Yeah I think you're right. It was just something I have stored in the back of my head with lots of other useless crap. LOL

Y

Yep done some reading :laugh:

Thorium is a fertile element and needs a fissile one (Plutonium, Uranium) to start the nuclear chain reaction, in other words it CAN be used with other elements/alloys without being fuucking dangerous :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just can't see how it will work, if you set off on a 200 mile motorway journey in a vehicle that can only do 140 you will have to stop off at a charging point, that will take 20 mins to give you a boost, you will have to use a service station that is loosing a fortune because it is now not selling petrol or derv so they will charge the earth for the privilege, you will need something to do while it charges up so you can go and get a brew which will cost you about £25 instead of a tenner.

The govt will lose a sodding fortune from the tax that they steal from us every time we fill up,so you can guarantee that some other tax will have to compensate for it.

As drivers we were told by Blairs govt that diesel was cleaner and cheaper and conned into buying diesel vehicles now we are being told that we have to pay more in some areas in pollution charges, another lie from that cnut.

• Like 1

Whats going to happen every budget we are putting elecy up by 2p a unit :laugh::laugh::laugh: there still will be millions of old bangers on the road for years and years to come

Doesn't it seem a little weird though... We've gone from quills, to iPads in a little over a hundred years but we're not able to find a way to get off the black stuff? :hmm:

Hydrogen fuel stations all over California now... they're a bit weird (the californians that is) but their hearts are in the right place...

Edited by ChrisJones