Suicide Question ......

i was the same as you gingerbeard,i thought depression was for week,feeble people who should snap out of it.until it struck our family,out of the blue.result one dead family member .hit me like a ton of bricks.

what you describe is being sad and thats ok but depression where you need pills everyday or feel suicidal because you've lost somebody close to you or a girl finished with you is laughable to me.f**k that,thats being weak.

So are you saying that a young soldier that sees more horror in one day than you will ever see in your life time and may have come within a hair breath of dying that needs anti depressants to function because of ptsd is being weak ??? ..........

glad you brought that up.my brother is in the forces as is my best friend and sons godfather both paras both done multipul tour of afghanistan and iraq and others before.both are fine and normal.also got friends in the army who have done tour and normal too.

And so are 90% of the army but there are the 10% that are not and it's because they mentally can't handle it ... ask your brother and your mate if ptsd is real and if they know somebody with it ... if they answer no to both questions then they are bullshitters ......

• Like 3

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im reading this and really trying not to reply the way I want to,for ive a sister thats clinically depressed,schizophrenic, and just down right messed up since she reached 23....before that...a perfec

Without going into to much detail the wife had a breakdown some years ago ,any suggestion of a doctor was treated as an admission of guilt on her part,until a major episode led to her going to see the

suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem.

Posted Images

Is it wrong to think a man weak for taking his own life ,no not at all . Ive experienced those around me thst have done same and felt no compassion at all nor will i ever .Natural selection that's all .

In answer to original question I would walk on by and that's the truth

Sure you would!

Compassion is a trait I've learnt to live without .Don't think for one minute that everyone is the same cos they aint .Compassion is only an admission of your own mortality ,something ive accepted years ago .You go about your lives your way ,how you see fit and ill do the same .The question was asked ,ive answered . If it dont fit with your way of thinking ,tough .

Whenever there's a thread up about suicide there are always differing views but here's a question for you lads ... if you were out in the woods with dogs or whatever and you came across a guy swinging from a rope or in a car with exhaust fumes filling it would you rush to cut him down or smash the window in the hope of saving him ......

Now remember your initial answer and think about the fact that if somebody wanted to die do we really have any right to stop them ... who are we to decide if somebody wants to end their life or do you think that morraly you should try and save them ... ignore the law side of things and think of the two scenarios morally ...

So Does your initial thought change after you've thought about it or would you do the same thing in both scenarios ........

my brother done it. Found hanging in the shed. Unconscious. My mother gave him cpr saved his life. After a while he got his life back on track and now he has another child and says he regrets what he done! It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem
  • Like 5

ok i'm sorry.your right i don't understand it and i'm not very good at expressing myself with words.

maybe it is something but all i see is fat,lazy single mothers from council estates that excuse there little c**ts behaviour by crying ''autism''.when all that is doing is putting a nice label on a bad kid and making the real cases look not real.

That's fair enough mate, I agree some people are a bit quick to put labels.

Autism,bi-polar etc are real and they were here 10 years ago.

i still think depression is bullshit
let's hope you or no one around you ever gets diagnosed with any mental health issues
  • Like 1

i was the same as you gingerbeard,i thought depression was for week,feeble people who should snap out of it.until it struck our family,out of the blue.result one dead family member .hit me like a ton of bricks.

what you describe is being sad and thats ok but depression where you need pills everyday or feel suicidal because you've lost somebody close to you or a girl finished with you is laughable to me.f**k that,thats being weak.
who've you lost then?

So are you saying that a young soldier that sees more horror in one day than you will ever see in your life time and may have come within a hair breath of dying that needs anti depressants to function because of ptsd is being weak ??? ..........

glad you brought that up.my brother is in the forces as is my best friend and sons godfather both paras both done multipul tour of afghanistan and iraq and others before.both are fine and normal.also got friends in the army who have done tour and normal too.
as far as you know they're normal but you probably wouldn't know if they're seeing a doc or a shrink or thy couldn't be putting a brave face on it.

The other option is they saw f**k all on there tours but I notice you ain't done any tours

Ok some young lad or lassie is in process of taking there life you are going to walk on by with the attitude f**k em!

well anyone saying that imo is a f***ing liar or a c**t and i wish those people all the misfortune in the world

• Like 5