Met Anyone Famous?

Met Winsor Davies years ago when on holiday in Devon

Used to stand with ant and Dec on the old Galogate end before they became famous

Jimmy nail several times as I live next to his sister a small time actress

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You get locked up for that……  

I laid a patio for Fred West

Chris packham?

Posted Images

Few celebrities have met me but I can't remember their names. :tongue2:

I don't buy this 'famous' thing. 'A man's a man for a' that'.

The only man I would walk across the road and ask to shake his hand would have been Ali. Not just for his boxing but because he was, an exceptional human being. :thumbs:

Your right Jukel, a man is a man & a woman is a woman.

Bet their are some exceptional examples of both, your not likely to see them in Hello magazine or in the big brother house. But when your in need they are there to help. Real heroes, who im sure most would agree should be rewarded more highly than they are.

The world really needs a shake-up on who we idolize thinking about it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Particularly with all these terrorist atrocities and tragedies like Grenfell, the NHS staff, firemen and the police have been immense.

I use to train at the same gym as Delroy Bryan and Fidel Castro Smith ("Slugger O'Toole"), two of the less known British boxing champions. Sometimes had a bit of a spar with them - cracking lads, both of them - too good for me, mind !

Ingles gym ?

No mate. The one in the link. Me and a few others used to wear burkas and spar with them. Some of them were pushovers, but others suspected we were in disguise and started eye gouging and head butting so we packed it in.

first-gym-specifically-for-muslim-women-to-open-in-the-uk-5856870

Edited by jukel123

I use to train at the same gym as Delroy Bryan and Fidel Castro Smith ("Slugger O'Toole"), two of the less known British boxing champions. Sometimes had a bit of a spar with them - cracking lads, both of them - too good for me, mind !

Ingles gym ?

No,no,no.....they're both Nottingham lads !

When I went there it was called The Pulse. Not far from Sneinton market (Tomo might know it). Owned by Tony "Can't for the life of me remember his name" but I think it was Laing - himself a British champion......it was 20 years ago !

If memory serves, Fidel had pretty much called it a day, and Delroy was in his twilight.....like I said, though, both still waaaaay too good for me !

Ingles gym ?

No,no,no.....they're both Nottingham lads !

When I went there it was called The Pulse. Not far from Sneinton market (Tomo might know it). Owned by Tony "Can't for the life of me remember his name" but I think it was Laing - himself a British champion......it was 20 years ago !

If memory serves, Fidel had pretty much called it a day, and Delroy was in his twilight.....like I said, though, both still waaaaay too good for me !

I'm positive Brendan ingle trained the boy slugger otoole at some point. Even if they are way too good for you that's still some experience trading hands with men like that. I've managed to meet a few boxers myself none like yours in a gym tho. Met evander holyfield. Few of us at about 12 years old skipped school to meet him at a book signing. I'm actually taller than him now but still remember and imagine looking upto him like a giant.

It's a learning experience ! Makes you realise that the pro's are in a different league - no matter how good you think you might be !

I knew someone who got in for a friendly spar with Herol Graham (another Nottingham lad !) - he said it was like trying to punch your own shadow ! Three minute round.......never touched him once !

Ingle may well have handled Fidel at some point.

• Like 1

graham was in mum in laws clas at school,,,,few year back she was stood waiting for a bus,,,he pulled up gave her a lift home,, :thumbs:

All that "Sheffield's Herol Graham" stuff used to really wind my old dad up ! Every time, he'd huff "Hes from bloody Radford !"

Great boxer, and a proper nice guy, by all accounts......

• Like 2

met loads over the years,,,working here in notts at a 4 star hotel,,,,and working in ibiza,,,,got a few pics,,,

, :D

Mr Nice R.I.P.

D.

Met him on occasion and his mate shantibaba.

• Like 2

anybody met big Arnie lol, i always got the feeling he be prat of a bloke in real life , after watching pumping iron thats how he seemed to me , but i like his films he as made after it :thumbs::yes: