Charlie Gard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good explanation of the reality of the case from http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/ The agonising case of Charlie Gard, the 11-month old baby dying from a rare form of mitochon

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.   A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.   I really do feel that

I wish the parents would just let the boy die. Even IF this treatment works, what quality of life will he have? Question: if you were told today that your own life would be rewound to your birth, and

Sad case allround and those of us who have been in a similar situation know how devastsating and heartbreaking it is and my own opinion is that the perants of this lad came to the right decision in the end it will be up to them now if they persue any claims against the GOSH i hope they dont tbh.

Anyone who thinks that a stranger has the right to decide wether your own child should live or have the opportunity to receive care in some form is mentally ill.

What confidence does this give people in the NHS and the justice system?

Why anybody would go to a doctor or the NHS unless absolutely necessary is a mystery to me.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks that a stranger has the right to decide wether your own child should live or have the opportunity to receive care in some form is mentally ill.

Why anybody would go to a doctor or the NHS unless absolutely necessary is a mystery to me.

why should you be allowed to decide that a poor kid is going to suffer for all their life?

The thing that bothers me is, if the doctors in the uk had already written the poor kid off, why not let them take the parents take him to the US?

I sincerely hope that the consultants involved aren't so far up their own arse with a god complex that they refused, to the point of being obstructive, to be proved wrong.

Personally, If I were one of the doctors or judges, I'd find it difficult to live with the 'what ifs' after dragging this out to the point of no return.

There's a kid called Alfie Evans in Alder Hey hospital at the moment - the doctors want to switch off his life support despite the fact that he's slowly showing improvement :no:

you should read up a bit on what they have been discussing in the courts before making statements like that, to keep using artificial means to keep the poor lad alive is the wrong move, even the yank doctor who came over after offering treatment agrees with the descision to switch off the machines, to think otherwise points to mental illness in other places

I completely agree with the judges, the poor kid has no quality of life and never will. Tbh I think it's cruel they have dragged it out this long, the poor kid should have been given pain killers and left to pass peacefully at birth imo

I've kept out of this topic because its so emotionally charged but I agree with your post it sums up my feelings on the situation.

• Like 1

I completely agree with the judges, the poor kid has no quality of life and never will. Tbh I think it's cruel they have dragged it out this long, the poor kid should have been given pain killers and left to pass peacefully at birth imo

I've kept out of this topic because its so emotionally charged but I agree with your post it sums up my feelings on the situation.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course, but are we also entitled to making the decision wether life is to be taken away? Who has such a right to decide this?

I don't see it as taking a life away. I see it as not artificially keeping someone alive.

No doubt about it, it's a crying shame but what quality of life would the poor kid have mentally and physically disabled?

I don't see it as taking a life away. I see it as not artificially keeping someone alive.

No doubt about it, it's a crying shame but what quality of life would the poor kid have mentally and physically disabled?

Funny how we're hearing so much about this story towards the end of this situation instead of at the beginning when things first occurred.

Has anybody read anything about Ashya King? An incredible story of a parent's efforts to get treatment for their child who had brain cancer.

you should read up a bit on what they have been discussing in the courts before making statements like that, to keep using artificial means to keep the poor lad alive is the wrong move, even the yank doctor who came over after offering treatment agrees with the decision to switch off the machines, to think otherwise points to mental illness in other places

How can you say that keeping the child alive is the wrong move? It's incredible how people actually think that they have the right wether someone lives or not. Welcome to 1930s Germany

Its apparently hereditary so did the mother or father knew they carried it and took a chance ?. whats the full story about the wee boys condition is it one in a million or what ??

Funny how we're hearing so much about this story towards the end of this situation instead of at the beginning when things first occurred.

Its been in and out of the news for months