Charlie Gard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good explanation of the reality of the case from http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/ The agonising case of Charlie Gard, the 11-month old baby dying from a rare form of mitochon

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.   A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.   I really do feel that

I wish the parents would just let the boy die. Even IF this treatment works, what quality of life will he have? Question: if you were told today that your own life would be rewound to your birth, and

Of course I agree. The right to decide what happens to your own body, what could be more important than that.

Who has the right to administer any form of treatment on you unless YOU give consent first? It's the exclusive right you have as a human being. What don't people understand about that.

Its all very well taking a moral stance on here, but remember you don't kniw the ins and outs of these cases nor are you drs!

Im pretty sure a sane adult can refuse treatment! These special cases are for children and the mentally impaired.

Of course I agree. The right to decide what happens to your own body, what could be more important than that.

Who has the right to administer any form of treatment on you unless YOU give consent first? It's the exclusive right you have as a human being. What don't people understand about that.

But we are talking about a child here, as he can't make his own decisions they have to be made for him so who is in the best position to decide? A team of doctors who have dedicated their lives to medicine or his emotionally involved parents?

Resources are finite is it right that a child with no hope should be using those resources when a child with hope could be using them I don't think so ... someone has to draw a line .

• Like 1

Bolloxs neo, so the state should let every parent make every decision for there child?

If the parents themselves are grown adults who are responsible citizens and were capable of bringing the child into the world, then of course they have the right to make all decisions for their children.

Your not one of these trolls are you. Amazing

If the parents were able to take the bairn out of hospital care to look after him, I dunno how they'd manage to keep him alive.[/quote

If the NHS hadn't stopped the parents in the first place from recieving treatment earlier abroad, perhaps things may have been different.

Who do the NHS think they are that they can refuse parents seeking alternative treatment for their child, unbelievable disinterest and lack of empathy for such situations, and way beyond their role in society. Remember it's the national health SERVICE.

Bolloxs neo, so the state should let every parent make every decision for there child?

If the parents themselves are grown adults who are responsible citizens and were capable of bringing the child into the world, then of course they have the right to make all decisions for their children.

Your not one of these trolls are you. Amazing

You're not one of those troll cry babies that can't stand an opposing view are you? Incredible.

• Like 2