Charlie Gard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good explanation of the reality of the case from http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/ The agonising case of Charlie Gard, the 11-month old baby dying from a rare form of mitochon

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.   A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.   I really do feel that

I wish the parents would just let the boy die. Even IF this treatment works, what quality of life will he have? Question: if you were told today that your own life would be rewound to your birth, and

the poor lad is now at peace, never been in a position to make a decision like this and never will be so I can only guess the parents turmoil. I hope they can go on to become a complete family in the future.

Now the controversial bit..........

I know it's a bit "trial by media" but somthing just don't sit right with me and the lads parants.

I just have a feeling that there'll be a book out within 12 months and they'll be on every daytime chat show.

Just my opinion!

Matt

true, ive put my views already on this post, but i did watch it last night, when it was showing the doctors giving there views and experience in court , and they all said he was blind,deaf, and in pain but unable to show it properly . well the 1st thing came in my mind as a parent , and now grand parent , they should have never let this little lad suffer for so long that's deff the parents 1st, then the doctors 2nd, the parents i think should deff told doctors to end is suffering months back. they are young couple and can start again and have another child with luck it will be healthy/normal. and yes your right there prob be a book and film come out of this, and money made for the parents , and it will be nothing i would read or watch , no way deff not.!!

• Like 1

At the end of the day they are parents...they obviously didnt set out to cause their son any intentional harm...there's definitely no malice or even wrong doing in my opinion.

They had an 11 month old son who they just couldn't let go of and were clutching at straws, we can all sit here saying what they should've done or even what we would do but unless you've been through it you'll never know. Emotional stress etc can obviously influence decisions.

Someone said it earlier on in the thread but imo they just needed the extra time to grieve and come to terms with what they knew was gonna happen. Some proper 'holier than thou' judgemental fuckers on here

Edited by daveee88
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with judgemental. Its a forum this was a thread and people comment on it. Obviously not all will agree with others views, and tbh it would be pretty shit if we all did.

My personal opinion on this affair is yet again we get to witness the dark side of social media mainly twitter and that other f****n one facebook.

now there a platform that considers itself judge jury and executioner!

There whole lifes played out for all to see and comment on. Even what they eat!

I remember the time when personal matters were private and stayed within the family.

Very sad when most people this day and age look from approval from a lot of strangers who are far from perfect.

• Like 5

Nothing to do with judgemental. Its a forum this was a thread and people comment on it. Obviously not all will agree with others views, and tbh it would be pretty shit if we all did.

My personal opinion on this affair is yet again we get to witness the dark side of social media mainly twitter and that other f****n one facebook.

I remember the time when personal matters were private and stayed within the family.

Very sad when most people this day and age look from approval from a lot of strangers who are far from perfect.

But can the parents really be blamed for the media grabbing the story and doing what they did to it...surely the minute they decided to take the hospital to court it was gonna become public knowledge anyway

nail n head.scothunter

thier prob back in court today arguing about funeral arrangements

Any parent who would be strong enough to deal with the ill health of their child, who's future does not seem to be certain considering his condition...and at the same time with all the media and the garbage that comes along with that, having to now be dragged through the courts etc etc... that's what real parents would be willing to do.

Far too many happy to disavow their responsibility as parents, who do have the right to make decisions about their children irrespective of what the law of the land says.

I do respect people's right to decide and if they wish the doctors to decide for them or agree with them, then great.

If they don't, then that also must be respected.

• Like 1

Unless it is not in the welfare of said child. I have met some horrible irresponsible people with kids. Fortunaetly we have a system in place that looks out for them.

i feel some people look on kids as there property! They are just wee human beings and should also have their own rights out with the family home.

• Like 1

The parents in question certainly displayed great strength and responsibility in pursuing all options available in an attempt to prolong the life of their child. Any parent who wouldn't, would be irresponsible.

Children belong to their parents, not any system or state. The state has caused way more harm to families and communities than good.

• Like 1

The parents in question certainly displayed great strength and responsibility in pursuing all options available in an attempt to prolong the life of their child. Any parent who wouldn't, would be irresponsible.

Children belong to their parents, not any system or state. The state has caused way more harm to families and communities than good.

Well said mate.

• Like 1

I've never like this sort of thing where people live their life through the media..... The expressions on their faces change as soon as the cameras stop rolling

It reminds me of the Mc Canns

My (cynical) sentiments exactly.

I can't begin to imagine their turmoil but I can see somthing that just dosnt sit right with me.

Matt

your stating the obvious again,those parents prolonged the poor lads suffering,so are they good parents,they had professional advise and didnt listen.