• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

We I thought I'd let you know how I got on meeting greyman. Drove and met him at his, quick cuppa and we were off down the motorway to meet 2 witnesses who had,  had an incounter with what they believ

Spent the morning chatting to a taxidermist from the natural history museum,his friend is a wildlife enthusiast from manang,sets a couple of camera traps up at 5000+ meters,thin air mountain country,t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Its was a simple polite question,  re a statement you made, this police group that collect big cat bodies that you allude to, are they a special unit of just run of the mill bobbies?

Followed by why the hedge cutters who daily work along the verges of our A roads and motorways have maintained a wall of silence when one would expect them to be finding road kills to be a regular occurrence if we had a sizable population of big cats in the country. based on what happens in other countries.

"In Florida, it was shown that road mortality killed over 20% of all cougars (Florida panthers (Puma concolor)) (Land and Lotz 1996). Therefore, it seems likely that cougars are absent from areas of high road density because of the high probability of mortality in those areas"

[spoiler[ https://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol14/iss1/art21/#:~:text=In Florida%2C it was shown,of mortality in those areas.[/spoiler]

I feel your inability to answer is poorly hidden by your re direction to me personally, shame if you were to be more open to alternative views might gain a more balanced view of the subject.

PS have you gotten a problem with the wiki link I used, do you feel it is inaccurate?? I thought it was reasonably sound and based on current thought, perhaps you could point out the parts you take exception too.

Just to highlight your stupidity for you for one last time, the Florida panther was declared extinct by people like yourself that can’t be bothered to go out and look just like the Zanzibar leopard, well I get stuff sent me from all over and this was taken not long after extinction, if you don’t believe me that’s your choice but I,m not interested in being fed second hand info by people who think google and wikilepedia make them qualified here is a family of extinct eastern or Florida panthers for you, as I,ve said before find your own truth cross check everything and if your still not happy get off your arse and have a look, 🖕

530F2E39-CDDC-4E81-87B4-46AFD136CFB5.png

0DD3FDD1-47E6-48B3-A5B8-1DBF28611142.jpeg

When I was in primary school, so the better part of a century ago now, we had a teacher. Mr O' Shea.

I can remember now, as clearly as if it was this morning. Two lads were having at each other, by the steps from the back of the kitchen. We didn't all gather round, chanting " Fight! Fight! Fight! ". That started in Secondary. We were just little kids. So, we more turned and looked on in sort of curiosity.

That's probably why I never noticed Mr O' Shea approaching. I don't think anyone did. He just sort of appeared there. In a blink. And, in that blink he smashed those two's fukking heads together with a resounding crack I've never forgotten to this day! That fukking stopped them!

Those were the days. Now we have This :(

• Haha 1

Fair enough a honest reply fd I know for a fact a ocelot was shot by a keeper at night it was a pet I can name the keeper and location I also know a farmer who said he has seen a big cat twice I have no doubt to disbelieve him he's a honest lad with nothing to gain  the fact many were dumped I don't find it hard to believe there could be truth in it I am opened minded enough to think there could be but I have never seen one what I wouldn't do is constantly try to belittle someone who says they have seen one and spends hours and his own money trying to prove it open forum or not 

• Like 5

When all is said and done the odds of them not being here a lower than them existing here in the wild IMO. 

We need to remember that all these exotic cats that are in fashion now are far from being big cats. 

Technically a cougar isn't but I think it would be safe to label one as such. 

If they were here and breeding populations were scattered across Britain something damning would have showed up by now. 

There's too many contradictions flying about in this subject for me. 

My heart wants to believe in the Yeti, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Big Cats in Britain, but my head says Nah......

As others have said, surely people like us who walk the land day and night, hunt with packs of hounds, shoot, etc would have incontrovertible proof if anything was out there ?

But no, all we see is blurred photos from a great distance, or grainy video that could be anything from a cat to a Labrador !

I'll keep an open mind, I've never seen a Scottish Wild cat, but they are out there, who knows, their distant, larger cousins may be out there aswell, but if they are, they're doing a bloody good job of being inconspicuous !

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

If there really big cats out there with all these thermals and riflemen , lampers etc out at night im sure they would have been seen by now ? Iv bolted many ferals before now but they only normal pussy size 😂

And they would have been shot , Chucked in the freezer and sent to the taxidermist. The photo would have been shown to friends , with a word of warning “ don’t say f@ck all , big cats aren’t on my ticket “. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, king said:

Do you know the makers of this documentary GM or much about it. and when it will be aired..

https://www.britainsbigcatmystery.com/

Yes I do mate, the small group of people in the bottom right hand corner one of them is me, 😂 so you can all get to meet me, I,ve said this many times but the shouters never listen but a clear photo will prove nothing or very little but the work that has gone on in the labs will, and you can get to see that work on the film, since this thread started the university has examined  around 15 carcasses that have been consumed by cats and the work that’s gone into it will be shown on the film, enjoy my accent 😂😂😂

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Yes I do mate, the small group of people in the bottom right hand corner one of them is me, 😂 so you can all get to meet me, I,ve said this many times but the shouters never listen but a clear photo will prove nothing or very little but the work that has gone on in the labs will, and you can get to see that work on the film, since this thread started the university has examined  around 15 carcasses that have been consumed by cats and the work that’s gone into it will be shown on the film, enjoy my accent 😂😂😂

Lol well I never thought you would say it's me 😁 when will the documentary be out GM