11 minutes ago, ihunter said:

In just two weeks, I can fly to the Far East of Russia and be hooked up with one guy who can track a tiger and can get me camera trap footage of the worlds most elusive big cat, in a area of forest roughly 4 times the size of Britain....... People have been on about cats over here for decades pal, it’s nothing new and they still have nothing to offer as evidence so maybe you should pack up and stop wasting your time because it’s a bit of a poor show so far. Cats are not hard to find with all the technology available today. Night vision, drones, heat seeking cameras on helicopters, every single person more or less has a camera on them 24/7 on the phones today, probably every inch of the uk is lamped or hunted in some way, 1000s of snares/traps are set around the country every day, 1000s of people live and work in the countryside everyday and still there is not one single clear piece of footage or still shot to make millions of people believe there’s big cats in the UK. It’s just folklore, if you get some pleasure and enjoyment out of it then fair play, your not doing anyone any harm and I wish you good luck on your little venture but other people can form an opinion based the evidence, or lack of it! Yes cats are elusive, but so are foxes, deer, weasels, mink etc but all can be tracked, found or hunted with dogs, nothing can’t be found anymore, from the top of snowdon to the bottom of the deepest ocean humans have found and discovered animals for millennia yet unbelievably no one has found or taken one clear photo of a big cat on a small island?

Just because you spend all your time convincing yourself there’s big cats here it doesn’t mean there is or that everyone has to believe and agree with you. People do similar with their favourite football team or boxer and despite how foolish they look will continue to spout nonsense and get defensive when pulled on it because deep down it’s what they believe despite others knowing better......don’t follow the same route, it’s not healthy and won’t do your cause any favours.

ATB in your endeavours anyway ?

I can assure you I’m not interested in convincing you or anyone else, you are paying someone to show you footprints in a country covered in snow it’s a ridiculous comparison, while your there ask him to show you an Amur leopard they do have around 70 much  more than I’m looking for and most of them have trackers on and are known by name, so shouldn’t be to hard, I just look for things and pass them on to people with much more knowledge than us and I,ll leave it to them to tell me I’m right or wrong, enjoy Russia ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ihunter said:

There are no cats in the wild in the uk, it’s simple enough to leave a carcass and camera out and film the footage. They have found cats in remote jungles, mountain regions and deserts easy enough so finding a cat here would be a piece of cake. But they can’t find what isn’t there. 

Next year I’m going to Vladivostok in Russia to spend two weeks tracking tigers with world renowned big cat expert, Alexander balatov, he tracks Tigers in Russia’s remotest forests, single handed in the middle of a Siberian winter and regularly gets footage. If he can do that, someone over here could easily get footage of a big cat but there are not here so won’t ever be filmed. End of, why waste your time and efforts looking for something that won’t be found when there’s far bigger and more exciting cats out there 

I'm well jealous of you buddy, I've seen him in a few documentaries on Nat Geo. He must be knocking on now because he looked old over 20 year ago on this documentary I saw. 

I think he has owned a few Siberian Tigers in his time, I'll always remember being in awe of one male they captured and tagged. 

Edit: It's not the same fella who you're going to visit. 

Edited by Greb147
51 minutes ago, ihunter said:

In just two weeks, I can fly to the Far East of Russia and be hooked up with one guy who can track a tiger and can get me camera trap footage of the worlds most elusive big cat, in a area of forest roughly 4 times the size of Britain....... People have been on about cats over here for decades pal, it’s nothing new and they still have nothing to offer as evidence so maybe you should pack up and stop wasting your time because it’s a bit of a poor show so far. Cats are not hard to find with all the technology available today. Night vision, drones, heat seeking cameras on helicopters, every single person more or less has a camera on them 24/7 on the phones today, probably every inch of the uk is lamped or hunted in some way, 1000s of snares/traps are set around the country every day, 1000s of people live and work in the countryside everyday and still there is not one single clear piece of footage or still shot to make millions of people believe there’s big cats in the UK. It’s just folklore, if you get some pleasure and enjoyment out of it then fair play, your not doing anyone any harm and I wish you good luck on your little venture but other people can form an opinion based the evidence, or lack of it! Yes cats are elusive, but so are foxes, deer, weasels, mink etc but all can be tracked, found or hunted with dogs, nothing can’t be found anymore, from the top of snowdon to the bottom of the deepest ocean humans have found and discovered animals for millennia yet unbelievably no one has found or taken one clear photo of a big cat on a small island?

Just because you spend all your time convincing yourself there’s big cats here it doesn’t mean there is or that everyone has to believe and agree with you. People do similar with their favourite football team or boxer and despite how foolish they look will continue to spout nonsense and get defensive when pulled on it because deep down it’s what they believe despite others knowing better......don’t follow the same route, it’s not healthy and won’t do your cause any favours.

ATB in your endeavours anyway ?

I agree with you but that's not an insult to Greyman. 

These so called experts don't help matters when they estimate there to be over 500 big cats in the UK, absolute baloney to me. 

The idea of them inhabiting the UK sounds exciting but IMO if they were here they would have been located by now some way or another. 

The man's name was Victor Yudin. 

They capture the tiger at the 7:00 mark. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

That sounds an amazing trip Ihinter and I wait with baited breath in your return to see a good write up about it. 

if you feel somewhat anxious about travelling all that way with the possibility of not seeing anything , it may be worth dropping a quick pm to a member off here who is notorious for his ability to be attacked by any wild animal passing within a 100km radius 

he goes by the name of socks, worth a word ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I agree with you but that's not an insult to Greyman. 

These so called experts don't help matters when they estimate there to be over 500 big cats in the UK, absolute baloney to me. 

The idea of them inhabiting the UK sounds exciting but IMO if they were here they would have been located by now some way or another. 

The man's name was Victor Yudin. 

They capture the tiger at the 7:00 mark. 

You can’t even find a rat in your loft mate I’d leave it there ?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I can assure you I’m not interested in convincing you or anyone else, you are paying someone to show you footprints in a country covered in snow it’s a ridiculous comparison, while your there ask him to show you an Amur leopard they do have around 70 much  more than I’m looking for and most of them have trackers on and are known by name, so shouldn’t be to hard, I just look for things and pass them on to people with much more knowledge than us and I,ll leave it to them to tell me I’m right or wrong, enjoy Russia ?

It doesn’t snow in the uk? I’m not trying to get in an argument so let’s stop there and just have a normal discussion about big cats. 

Totally agree about the tigers having names and collars. Yes I’m paying somebody to show me tracks of tigers he knows are there. To be truthful with you he told me the chances of seeing a tiger in the flesh are basically zero, he even told me that fresh tracks are backed away from swiftly simply because it’s an apex predator that would kill you in seconds if get to close! You are miles away from the nearest hospital so even a slight mauling might mean death! 

However, what he has guaranteed me is an experience like no other of spending time in an apex predators home territory, the feeling of knowing something is hiding the same forest could be watching you be ready to kill you in the next 5 mins is said to be an adrenaline rush like no drug! 

In just two weeks, he will take you out and set camera traps in places he knows tigers pass, he knows them so well he can set a timer to when they will pass certain trees to scratch, rocks to scent mark, pools to drink in and areas full of prey where they hunt. All off this he knows from a lifetime in the forest, he speaks no English, lives as basic a life as possible and devoted his life to saving and researching the Siberian tiger, an animal that has fascinated me since a child so they chance to spend some time in its natural habit with the leading expert is one I can’t wait to take up. Gordon Buchanan did and filmed the exact same trip and made a documentary on it thats worth a watch 

All big cats are awesome animals, but for me the tiger is the best and out of all the sub-species the Siberian (Amur) is the one that stands out, the biggest and strongest of them all yet lives in -30 conditions and all alone for 11 months of the year just surviving like a king. Imagine stalking deer in Siberia and you see this running out the cover 

7A9D1FEF-5097-4EFC-964F-70FF570C6A8C.jpeg.dd863849ac53d01fe57a3e099403acbf.jpeg

be the last thing you ever seen! 

This is a really good documentary to, the Korean cameraman's sooyoung park dedication to filming these cats is literally unbelievable! Watch it and see what he had to go through and what he did before you say all the tigers have names and collars, they don’t all have them on from birth and they find them from scratch eventually because they are there to be found.

Will be a once in lifetime trip for sure ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Without checking every page of this thread, I don't recall greyman ever saying that big cats are living in urban areas of britain, but in some rural locations

Urban sprawl is the name given to the ever encroaching concreting of our rural places mate .Nothing is truly rural any more with everywhere accessible by some form of transport .Leopards in India take dogs from urban houses as well as villages in places where wild game abounds .Anyone  lost a dog recently and found it hanging in a tree ,no thought not .

The whole big  cat thing here is based around lies about habit change for the cats on our island and unfortunate instances of camera malfunction .Its pretty much pitiful to see grown men chasing the unchaseable  .

As long as Greyman posts silly attempts to hoodwink the masses I’m here to say otherwise ,so glad there’s another as well as myself to call it what it is ,shit 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, ihunter said:

It doesn’t snow in the uk? I’m not trying to get in an argument so let’s stop there and just have a normal discussion about big cats. 

Totally agree about the tigers having names and collars. Yes I’m paying somebody to show me tracks of tigers he knows are there. To be truthful with you he told me the chances of seeing a tiger in the flesh are basically zero, he even told me that fresh tracks are backed away from swiftly simply because it’s an apex predator that would kill you in seconds if get to close! You are miles away from the nearest hospital so even a slight mauling might mean death! 

However, what he has guaranteed me is an experience like no other of spending time in an apex predators home territory, the feeling of knowing something is hiding the same forest could be watching you be ready to kill you in the next 5 mins is said to be an adrenaline rush like no drug! 

In just two weeks, he will take you out and set camera traps in places he knows tigers pass, he knows them so well he can set a timer to when they will pass certain trees to scratch, rocks to scent mark, pools to drink in and areas full of prey where they hunt. All off this he knows from a lifetime in the forest, he speaks no English, lives as basic a life as possible and devoted his life to saving and researching the Siberian tiger, an animal that has fascinated me since a child so they chance to spend some time in its natural habit with the leading expert is one I can’t wait to take up. Gordon Buchanan did and filmed the exact same trip and made a documentary on it thats worth a watch 

All big cats are awesome animals, but for me the tiger is the best and out of all the sub-species the Siberian (Amur) is the one that stands out, the biggest and strongest of them all yet lives in -30 conditions and all alone for 11 months of the year just surviving like a king. Imagine stalking deer in Siberia and you see this running out the cover 

7A9D1FEF-5097-4EFC-964F-70FF570C6A8C.jpeg.dd863849ac53d01fe57a3e099403acbf.jpeg

be the last thing you ever seen! 

This is a really good documentary to, the Korean cameraman's sooyoung park dedication to filming these cats is literally unbelievable! Watch it and see what he had to go through and what he did before you say all the tigers have names and collars, they don’t all have them on from birth and they find them from scratch eventually because they are there to be found.

Will be a once in lifetime trip for sure ?

Livihg my dreams pal. 

I'll always remember the first documentary I saw as a child on tigers because a tigress with cubs killed a leopard, exciting stuff for a bairn. 

I know the lion has a louder and more powerful roar but to me a tigers roar is much scarier and more eerie. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Urban sprawl is the name given to the ever encroaching concreting of our rural places mate .Nothing is truly rural any more with everywhere accessible by some form of transport .Leopards in India take dogs from urban houses as well as villages in places where wild game abounds .Anyone  lost a dog recently and found it hanging in a tree ,no thought not .

The whole big  cat thing here is based around lies about habit change for the cats on our island and unfortunate instances of camera malfunction .Its pretty much pitiful to see grown men chasing the unchaseable  .

As long as Greyman posts silly attempts to hoodwink the masses I’m here to say otherwise ,so glad there’s another as well as myself to call it what it is ,shit 

Your about 200 pages to late.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Remember watching a program on these an some fella living in remote village had lost loads of dogs to one .

Yeah they do take them out there, boy it's remote out there. 

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic