• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'89 Dodge 1st Gen. 5.9L Cummins Diesel.       It runs on the tears of hippies...

I started looking to see if I had any more decent vehicle pictures, and when I went through my old digital albums I came across this little beauty. There are thousands of pictures of that scene all

I have a mk 1 Rs 2000 in storage i sold it for a grand back in the late 80's and bought it back for 17k about 4 years ago.....im told they are going up by about 2k per year at the moment so a nice lit

Posted Images

Right, wish list time .........

Being an 80s kid (born in '79), if I'm ever financially able, these 2 would be top of my list :yes:

Forget the Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc - I'd love an A Team van and the Trans Am from Smokey and the bandit :yes::thumbs:

post-102688-0-22528900-1497129020.jpg

post-102688-0-59496000-1497129031_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Being an 80s kid (born in '79), if I'm ever financially able, these 2 would be top of my list :yes:

Forget the Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc - I'd love an A Team van and the Trans Am from Smokey and the bandit :yes::thumbs:

Have to be the dukes of hazard general lee.
  • Like 1

Engineer at work got a gmc truck like that for his mrs ffs

Cheers, D.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a Peugeot partner thought that was the ideal dog vehicle, was cheap to run but needed the seats so got a Subaru forester now happy with it so far but thirsty not done a season yet so yet to see how it proforms in the wet

One of my mates had a GMC or similar painted like that lol

I've promised myself a mini cooper for my next car. The old type ;)

used to be an old lady near me had a 1275 twin tank cooper S as her little run around always wondered what happened to it probably scrapped for a few quid when she went, I,ve made quite a bit of money over the years by predicting future classics and stashing them away, I have a full service history Saab 900 aero turbo Classic in the garage at the moment payed £800 for it and Locked it away worth around £5000 today and rising fast better than bank rates but can hit the skids in recession
Buy three more and sell them altogether as one car and parts lol Saab were amazing cars but parts now, to get one running will take the piss. Edited by mushroom

used to be an old lady near me had a 1275 twin tank cooper S as her little run around always wondered what happened to it probably scrapped for a few quid when she went, I,ve made quite a bit of money over the years by predicting future classics and stashing them away, I have a full service history Saab 900 aero turbo Classic in the garage at the moment payed £800 for it and Locked it away worth around £5000 today and rising fast better than bank rates but can hit the skids in recession
Buy three more and sell them altogether as one car and parts lol Saab were amazing cars but parts now, to get one running will take the piss.

The 99 I had had water injection and it was impossible to find someone to have it set up correctly so I ran the turbo without it....maybe it contributed to the engine blowing

Buy three more and sell them altogether as one car and parts lol Saab were amazing cars but parts now, to get one running will take the piss.

The 99 I had had water injection and it was impossible to find someone to have it set up correctly so I ran the turbo without it....maybe it contributed to the engine blowing

You blew the engine? That sucks, the water injection is simple to anyone who understands a circuit diagram and the Internet, if it was the electrics and callibration that was the issue ;) You WILL struggle to get the parts now mate. Beautiful cars.

Just got the wife one it rips! ...fek the old type :laugh:2017-03-10%2019.13.07_zps2bltessj.jpg
Gay!
It's the wife,s! derrr .. the old ones are tiny I couldn't get my foot in one ...ok for a midget I suppose.
  • Like 2

That was years ago, I don't think it was a contributing factor as the water injection was to increase the manifold pressure ( I think?) for higher boosts....Probably it was because I drove it like a nob head.

I would love to have another one though, it was a great car to drive only 4 gears and no power steering but in full boost it was crazy at the time lol