Lidle Find

I don't think it's possible to draw comparisons with country,s were animals are common, the photo of the elks hip bone was found by a friend of mine who has been in Colorado for a couple of weeks in England I know of eight sets of tooth pits that have been found in over a year, in the area I have been searching in i find signs of activity every couple of years, I,m also doing quite a bit of trespassing so not really possible to run houds around or set traps, I accept its a needle in a haystack but reports in small local news papers keep on coming week after week, as a man that's seen big cats close up what is your opinion of the first picture that started this, I have friends who have been to the carpark that photo was taken in and done measurements and size comparisons and the animal in the picture is about 4ft long and 2ft high I,m not being funny I would genuinely be interested in what you think it is

Hi Mate not sure what picture you mean ?

can you post it again cheers

post-102539-0-22007600-1495571387.jpg

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

How did you catch that Dan?I saw some in the natural history museum in Ottawa,they have feathering on their feet to distribute weight in deep snow.

IVE caught lots of em mate , this was my biggest ever. I caught him in a 330 double sping in a WOODEN box with snow shoe hare for bait.

cats are really easy to trap which is why i dont believe they exist here.There so curios you can use visual lures to attract them .i used to use a birds wing on a piece of string Which works a treat. there easy to trap but hard to hunt without dogs

cheers Dan

good stuff,,and a nice pic,,,,,reading the thread over these last few weeks,,ive got more of an open mind,,,but then you read posts like this and it changes back,,,as well as mac's mate sending them cracking pics from canada,,from a back garden cam,,,,and clear as day... :thumbs:

• Like 1

I must admit I do crave a really good clear picture and I am pretty sure I will get one hopefully in the not to distant future, but as I get linked in to all these small reports and people sending me pictures etc I just see to much evidence to doubt it, I think though I,m relatively new to it in comparison to a lot of people my one big advantage over them is I am a picture poacher and go were I need to go to put my cameras, were as everyone else I have met due to there situations have to go about it in a much more law abiding way and seek permission before they can put up cameras, another thing people seem to do is rush out and set up cameras after a sighting has occurred were as I take notes of dates reports are made and try to place cameras there a bit earlier the following year hoping to catch them as with all animals they follow a pattern and unlocking the pattern will be the key to success, if and when I do get it you will be the first to know

• Like 1

Greyman

use a visual lure of some discription in range of your camera, like a birds wing on a piece of string or a christmas tree decoration hanging .

there all tried and tested ways.to attract wild cats

Greyman

use a visual lure of some discription in range of your camera, like a birds wing on a piece of string or a christmas tree decoration hanging .

I do watch a lot of the American trail cam footage and have seen them used I,ve seen old cd,s and bunch,s of feathers used, my main problem is trying not to attract attention to my cameras, i have cameras in large gardens of private homes national trust property and some others that are to close to public path,s I will make some up and when I find a safe area will give it a go,the guy in Colorado is at the mountain lion conference and they have got electric cat calls that fit to your camera, trouble is for me again is attracting attention to my cameras like I said the odds are stacked against me most land here is owned by someone and your not always welcome I don't like a lot of things about America but I do envy the amount of wilderness space they have, I,d love to put my cameras out for a year with all the attractors around it but in truth I check them about once a month and the first thing I think is are they still there or have they been found

Greyman

I do watch a lot of the American trail cam footage and have seen them used I,ve seen old cd,s and bunch,s of feathers used, my main problem is trying not to attract attention to my cameras, i have cameras in large gardens of private homes national trust property and some others that are to close to public path,s I will make some up and when I find a safe area will give it a go,the guy in Colorado is at the mountain lion conference and they have got electric cat calls that fit to your camera, trouble is for me again is attracting attention to my cameras like I said the odds are stacked against me most land here is owned by someone and your not always welcome I don't like a lot of things about America but I do envy the amount of wilderness space they have, I,d love to put my cameras out for a year with all the attractors around it but in truth I check them about once a month and the first thing I think is are they still there or have they been found

Have you got any inkling as to whether the property owner might allow you on? I'm f your worried about him being weird with u about big cats just ask him for chance to shoot guns on there. If he ever asked about finding a trailcam tell him your tracking any foxes

I agree with DanielG about cats being easy to cage trap ,too easy at times .Why don't you invest in a large cage trap greyman and put it somewhere you have permission ,where there's sightings and put this to bed for good .I'm damn sure if I saw one ,even briefly ,it would be on my wall within a week .im no photographer but the pic of the supposed cat in the woodland has been blown up so much to lose all scale and in my opinion weather played no part .Get some real pics up greyman or your on a loser for sure .

Looking at it again ,where's it's shadow lol when trees in foreground are shadowed on the path .Have to get up earlier than that mate for this old sceptic lol.

Getting back to this article.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/beast-quantock-hills-shocked-family-10235657

What seemed odd to me is the part where it say's something like " when she got home and viewed the pucture, she realised it was a puma." That doesn't sit right with me. Surely she must have known what she was looking at, before she took the photo. And surely if she thought it was something special, she would have viewed it there and then. I mean, pictures can be very deceiving,when you look back at them.

Edited by EDDIE B
  • Like 2

Theres so many attention seekers out there.

that it makes it hard to believe in things like this. When you hear a respected person with a sighting of something unusual. then you start to think.

David Attenborogh is a bigfoot /yeti believer. ???

• Like 1

Theres so many attention seekers out there.

that it makes it hard to believe in things like this. When you hear a respected person with a sighting of something unusual. then you start to think.

David Attenborogh is a bigfoot /yeti believer. ???

sorry my reply is going to be even slower than normal as I took a fall down a bit of a canyon yesterday changing my sd cards and dislocated my shoulder, all good but fecking painful, if you look up Clare baldings programme on the radio, I think it's called rambling.s she actually encounters one when she is live on air in the Forest of Dean you only have to look at the last couple of pages were beast put up a picture taken in a zoo and he still got mocked and doubted, some bloke put an account up a few pages back were he saw one and then went back and took photos of a perfect big cat paw print the next morning there is no doubt what he saw and the footprint confirmed it ,it's not for me to prove or disprove you either believe or disbelieve, but the facts are that there are in the region of 2000 sightings a year in this country and nearly everyone knows someone that has seen one, you would also be very surprised at the amount of members off here that have contacted me about it but don't want to speak on open forum for various reasons, Again these are photos of my computer screen but just a little idea of why I can't set traps or even ask for permission,the deer picture is taken at 4 in the afternoon in the garden of a house worth around 20 million, they have a gardener and private security the baby badgers an even more expensive one all these houses own between two and twenty acres of woodland in a combined forest that stretch,s for over 15 miles the only way in is by scaling a gorge at the rear while fatty the security guard sits in his hut round the front keeping the peasants at bay, I have been sneaking in and out for over a year un noticed it is so untouched even badgers are out in the daytime and as long as I am unnoticed I think I will get what I,m after

post-102539-0-88266800-1495713337_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-78876100-1495713357_thumb.jpeg

post-102539-0-93815800-1495713374_thumb.jpeg

dont think its an animal at all its just the ground where some of it at the edge has given way and ends up looking like something a bit like looking at the clouds and seen elvis, if it was an animal it sure is a healthy fecker as it looks very chunky. ps i got caught on a trail cam been somewhere i shouldnt have been and the pic was as clear as feck.

Edited by onion jonny

dont think its an animal at all its just the ground where some of it at the edge has given way and ends up looking like something a bit like looking at the clouds and seen elvis, if it was an animal it sure is a healthy fecker as it looks very chunky. ps i got caught on a trail cam been somewhere i shouldnt have been and the pic was as clear as feck.

I catch a few people on my cams being in weird places they should not be the pics are a lot clearer when I view them on the laptop it s just I can't load them on to my iPad and the laptop is not connected to the Internet so I have to take a photo of a video on another screen and that is were the quality is lost, your comment regarding the mud may hold some water if I never had lots of pictures of the site the image was taken from and there is nothing there as I have said the scene has been examined closely and photos taken from all angles the animal in the picture is four feet long and two feet high this is not a guess it is a guaranteed fact ,I really find it quite funny that people will try and create any kind of story rather than just accept what it really is, the only thing that lets it down slightly is the fact it's a moving animal on a still photo, if I had just returned from India and said look I saw a leopard people would say nice one but as its in England people will try and say anything to discredit it rather than accept it funny old world and I,m not aiming this at you in particular its just a general observation
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...