Lidle Find

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

Ocelot?

Lynx walshie

Didn't read that. :icon_redface: Close.

when you say close does that mean we are to close this topic and stop posting pictures on the subject like this one taken in the Forest of Dean, before the experts come and say get a better camera,this photo is unfortunately what happens during dawn and dusk when the ir filter is still on but there is enough light in the sky,but I think most can see what it is if they want to

post-102539-0-57563000-1495555886_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greyman

Ocelot?

Lynx walshie

when you say close does that mean we are to close this topic and stop posting pictures on the subject like this one taken in the Forest of Dean, before the experts come and say get a better camera,this photo is unfortunately what happens during dawn and dusk when the ir filter is still on but there is enough light in the sky,but I think most can see what it is if they want to

No, it meant I was close with my expert identification.

Ocelot?

Lynx walshie

No, it meant I was close with my expert identification.

oh I see well there's another one for you to id,

I think most can see what it is if they want to

Hmmm. Seriously think I can see a dodo..., but I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to tell me I'm wrong.
The cheek of them dumping their bin bags in the forest.? Fcuking fly tippers.
  • Like 1

Ocelot?

Lynx walshie

Head looks tiny in relation to body

• Like 1

Here is a good little pic a friend has just sent back from Colorado it's the tooth pits I spoke of before, if anyone finds one of these I would be really grateful of a photo and a location and if your feeling really helpful you could send me the bone this was a small elk,s pelvis bone that had been killed and eaten by a puma, it's the three holes on the shoe, the cutting teeth of a cat will plug in to it just like a plug in a socket,b

post-102539-0-82684500-1495558820_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1

Ocelot?

Lynx walshie

Head looks tiny in relation to body

agree with you on that I don't no much about this picture, I get sent quite a few some with info some without, this picture appeared in a survey carried out in Gloucestershire about a month ago relating to people's belief or disbelief in the fact they have big cats living wild in there area

heres a picture of a lynx i trapped for " referance" on size, there feet are easily as big as a cougars so they can run on top of deep snow.Eeasily 4" diametre around. There claws are like razors. And there canines are about 1.5 inches long this one weighed 32#

I personally dont believe there is a population of big cats in uk.

cheers Dan

post-104559-0-17049200-1495567238_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

How did you catch that Dan?I saw some in the natural history museum in Ottawa,they have feathering on their feet to distribute weight in deep snow.

IVE caught lots of em mate , this was my biggest ever. I caught him in a 330 double sping in a WOODEN box with snow shoe hare for bait.

cats are really easy to trap which is why i dont believe they exist here.There so curios you can use visual lures to attract them .i used to use a birds wing on a piece of string Which works a treat. there easy to trap but hard to hunt without dogs

cheers Dan

• Like 6

I don't think it's possible to draw comparisons with country,s were animals are common, the photo of the elks hip bone was found by a friend of mine who has been in Colorado for a couple of weeks in England I know of eight sets of tooth pits that have been found in over a year, in the area I have been searching in i find signs of activity every couple of years, I,m also doing quite a bit of trespassing so not really possible to run houds around or set traps, I accept its a needle in a haystack but reports in small local news papers keep on coming week after week, as a man that's seen big cats close up what is your opinion of the first picture that started this, I have friends who have been to the carpark that photo was taken in and done measurements and size comparisons and the animal in the picture is about 4ft long and 2ft high I,m not being funny I would genuinely be interested in what you think it is

I don't think it's possible to draw comparisons with country,s were animals are common, the photo of the elks hip bone was found by a friend of mine who has been in Colorado for a couple of weeks in England I know of eight sets of tooth pits that have been found in over a year, in the area I have been searching in i find signs of activity every couple of years, I,m also doing quite a bit of trespassing so not really possible to run houds around or set traps, I accept its a needle in a haystack but reports in small local news papers keep on coming week after week, as a man that's seen big cats close up what is your opinion of the first picture that started this, I have friends who have been to the carpark that photo was taken in and done measurements and size comparisons and the animal in the picture is about 4ft long and 2ft high I,m not being funny I would genuinely be interested in what you think it is

Hi Mate not sure what picture you mean ?

can you post it again cheers