Bull Greyhounds

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One from 20 years ago

The worst thing to happen to the bull x was it became a dick extension to dicks that didn't work or test them for what they were bred for and then bred them to any old shite because of a name way bac

Posted Images

Now I have never owned a straight Bull greyhound, I have only owned sal/bull/grey but I have seen a couple of serious bull greyhounds.

Now I take it by the title of the thread (and I may be wrong) that this is about bull greyhounds.......and I would say a saluki/bull/greyhound is a very different animal to an out and out savage of a bull greyhound.

A saluki bull grey is a saluki greyhound with some bull in it to my mind.

I would hazard they are mentally a pretty different animal ?

i have both ,and out of the same bull cross mother ,and as you say the difference is night and day.

the saluki adds ,but also takes away

• Like 4

Thanks mate, that was my guess, I only know about what I kept and it showed those fragile mental traits now and again that I would associate with a saluki greyhound......I would expect a straight bull greyhound to be a little more..........aggressive shall we say?

I could be wrong......as I say, never owned one.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, that was my guess, I only know about what I kept and it showed those fragile mental traits now and again that I would associate with a saluki greyhound......I would expect a straight bull greyhound to be a little more..........aggressive shall we say?

does having whippet in this x say whippet x grey instead of straight greyhound , change the temp much.? i know you drop size , but was thinking of more in temp. had 3 straight bullx greys , and temps were ok , i know whippets can be little fiery buggers at times lol, seen few at the tracks racing, and hunting there deff up for either lol.

To be honest ray I have seen whilst out whippet xs and beddy xs cause more hassle than a bullx its just a bullx knows how to finish it a decent bullx as only interest in graft I have found there temps and loyalty's good as Any lurcher if not better

• Like 2

Speaking only for the ones I've seen work , a decent bull cross, will work through the inconvenience of a bit of pain and still try it's hardest.

,although it can be to a fault at times, it's a fault I'd put up with over one that over thinks the job and picks it's hold.

Not saying a Saluki,bull ,grey can't throw the same ,as I'm sure there must be lines that have ,And as a lurcher I'm sure they will suit more people.

• Like 2

i would only be interested in any bulls that has a high threshold ta pain. In any out xs ta a running type animal or why bother sals will give some more running wind not always guaranteed though,and in the case of a good line bred from best ta best that can run ,will also open the eyes of many.and knock guts out a the heaviest of quarry gutting them on impact. fact I believe katchum seen that type lol atb bunnys

i would only be interested in any bulls that has a high threshold ta pain. In any out xs ta a running type animal or why bother sals will give some more running wind not always guaranteed though,and in the case of a good line bred from best ta best that can run ,will also open the eyes of many.and knock guts out a the heaviest of quarry gutting them on impact. fact I believe katchum seen that type lol atb bunnys

My mates old Bull X was a jacker on teeth but was very handy on the bigger stuff, it ended up a cull in the end though.

My mates old Bull X was a jacker on teeth but was very handy on the bigger stuff, it ended up a cull in the end though.

. The only advice I would give fa those who required a full on vermin Buul xs try ta get the those from long tested lines if one can the best are not always available to all and sundry and even hen luck plays a part ,one how good a handler one his if one can understand the animals needs .atb bunnys.

. The only advice I would give fa those who required a full on vermin Buul xs try ta get the those from long tested lines if one can the best are not always available to all and sundry and even hen luck plays a part ,one how good a handler one his if one can understand the animals needs .atb bunnys.
The real decent bull/greyhounds and there close relations would be wasted on 95% of folk in the lurcher game now. Can't remember the last time I see one I really liked.
  • Like 5

It was, all lines have individuals that don't make the grade I'm afraid.

The real decent bull/greyhounds and there close relations would be wasted on 95% of folk in the lurcher game now. Can't remember the last time I see one I really liked.
Deffo mate, like i said, the average run of the mill bullx is enough for most folk, the proper line bred closely guarded halfx lines that are out there are just too much
theres a man that knows the craic I respect your honesty ?? Edited by C.green
  • Like 1

Not half as many as folk think haha i know im not, thats why i dont need that type a dog, it be wasted mate

What close gaurded lines are these?

I know of couple.

Any names of any dogs.

There was debate while ago i enjoyed.

I think it was debate of northern.

Billy bred dogs. Bred by R.

Spiderpig old member had alot of his stuff.

Vs a southrn line of bull x.

Havoc/punch stuff.

I do know the southern dogs are alot fewer an further between in peopled kennels.

Quite common for a reece.billy line dog or of r breeding end up anywhere really. Seen some right idiots claiming he ran to own this line.

Or i could me completly mistaken

i know where my money would be anyway seeing both bloodlines.

Worked.

Theres bull xs. And BUllXs.

Atb

Edited by Chaffinch55
  • Like 2