Bull Greyhounds

I'd like to see these fox slaying little lurchers mate. Understand you can have game little ones but no way can they sustain it once out regularly on good foxed ground. Ask them do couple a day then out few times a week. Must be killing different foxes to ones around here.

A terrier can kill a fox , I don't understand why people have this misconception that a big lurcher is needed. As I've said before I've seen small lurchers put big dogs to shame, doing good numbers season after season, pits take stick it's what they are bred to do , for hours on end , they are smaller than a whippet and I've seen plenty pits dispatch a fox well faster than most lurchers , proper bred dogs will and always have continued to prevail.

yas right terriers do kill foxes , but I'll tell thee fa nought a well bred bull xes doing its job will outshine any whippet terrier , catching the odd red uns here and there his ta me just social Lurcher work . Killing them professionally on needs the very best of tools and if it's bull in the breeding fa pest controll it wil be a larger bred type that will shine and keep on shining when the going gets tough had the bull whips ,they just ain't got the constitution of there larger cousins fact . Atb bunnys.
  • Like 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One from 20 years ago

The worst thing to happen to the bull x was it became a dick extension to dicks that didn't work or test them for what they were bred for and then bred them to any old shite because of a name way bac

Posted Images

I'd like to see these fox slaying little lurchers mate. Understand you can have game little ones but no way can they sustain it once out regularly on good foxed ground. Ask them do couple a day then out few times a week. Must be killing different foxes to ones around here.

A terrier can kill a fox , I don't understand why people have this misconception that a big lurcher is needed. As I've said before I've seen small lurchers put big dogs to shame, doing good numbers season after season, pits take stick it's what they are bred to do , for hours on end , they are smaller than a whippet and I've seen plenty pits dispatch a fox well faster than most lurchers , proper bred dogs will and always have continued to prevail.
difference sully is like getting hit with a light weight boxer and a heavy weight I like to see the job done quicker rather than later

Each to their own, food for thought is all it is. After all everyone has their own idea of the perfect lurcher. Everyone likes certain attributes a lurcher may have.

If you struggle to handle a "game" bull x grey, then you shouldn't be handling any game bred dog.

I never said I struggled, I said they were a lot to handle, which they can be at times, I'm not putting down the cross I've had many but I believe you don't need a dog of that size if your at only foxes.

If you struggle to handle a "game" bull x grey, then you shouldn't be handling any game bred dog.

I never said I struggled, I said they were a lot to handle, which they can be at times, I'm not putting down the cross I've had many but I believe you don't need a dog of that size if your at only foxes.

I agree, if its only foxes, a committed 22" bull/whippet is more than capable. But if its a game dog, and you have to resort to managing it on a physical level, mentally,a game dog is not for you. Bonny dogs by the way.

I agree, if its only foxes, a committed 22" bull/whippet is more than capable. But if its a game dog, and you have to resort to managing it on a physical level, mentally,a game dog is not for you. Bonny dogs by the way.

Only fox is what I do, cheers pal

I don't know where sully is in ireland (if he is even in ireland at all?) but I could see the attraction of a small quick out the traps dog in areas like I live, very small fields, big block of forestry cover never more than a hundred yards away, bog land and dense rush cover.......I can see where he is going with this in that situation.

It's very unlike the big 30,40,50+ acre fields of England.

That said, it wouldn't be for me as they wouldn't be versatile enough, by his own admission they are bred to be a bit of a one trick pony but as I say, that may be perfect for the ground he works ?

• Like 1

I don't know where sully is in ireland (if he is even in ireland at all?) but I could see the attraction of a small quick out the traps dog in areas like I live, very small fields, big block of forestry cover never more than a hundred yards away, bog land and dense rush cover.......I can see where he is going with this in that situation.

It's very unlike the big 30,40,50+ acre fields of England.

That said, it wouldn't be for me as they wouldn't be versatile enough, by his own admission they are bred to be a bit of a one trick pony but as I say, that may be perfect for the ground he works ?

I'm from cork pal , it's a pack of teckels we hunt and when the fox breaks the lurcher is slipped so the dog suits what we do

• Like 3