I was having mooch with the dogs this morning and as i was walking across the field i noticed to robins knocking fcuk out of each other so i walked over to get a better look and got to about two feet from them i stood there for a good minute watching them they didnt seem to care that i was so close they were going hell for leather it was only when the pup ran past them they got spooked one just about had the energy to make it to the ditch the other couldnt even move he was that tired i had to pick him up and put him on a branch there agressive little fcukers.

post-94083-0-06952300-1486299890_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was having mooch with the dogs this morning and as i was walking across the field i noticed to robins knocking fcuk out of each other so i walked over to get a better look and got to about two feet

I had a lovely day out in elan valley a few yrs ago & I stopped off to have pot of tea & sat outside , I was watching this Robin flitting about in the trees & it came over to the table I w

My son's favourite bird. Just pipping the preregrine falcon to first . Sometimes catch him up the farm standing by a hedge talking to them. (His teacher tells the kids that she has pet robins who te

Posted Images

One of my favourite birds but can be real nasty, fight to the death and Ive read about cannibalism and sexual predation in them?????

Cheers, D.

didnt know they fight to the death ? but your spot on regards there full on temp , got a feeder in my garden hanging from the fence. we get fair few birds come to eat the seeds i put in the feeder , most sparrows .Well we get alot of rats come in the garden as well , as next door keep stock , sheep, horses, alpacas , so rats are always about.But noticed the other day , when the rats were feeding on the floor , the other birds would fly off, but not the feckin robbin , he didnt move from rats he didnt give a feck lol , tough little bird and one of my favorites as well :thumbs:

• Like 1

These fights account for a lot of their deaths and is one reason they have a high mortality rate. I read that they can live past 4 years old but most don't make it because of the territorial nature of them.

• Like 1

Nature is full of suprises! I have blue tits nesting in a bird box each year in a tree in the front garden and they are agressive buggers too. Doves allways try nest in the same tree but the blue tits won't let them they harass them until and keep them away they have fledged then the doves move in straight away.

While fishing the dearne this morning I had one follow me non stop it must have ate over 10 worms I fed it at one point almost taking one from my hand!

• Like 1

Usually see one when fishing and end up feeding them half my maggots

Lol... when i used do gardening couple times theyve landed on the botton end of the mower whilst cutting... there tame as anything they are how close they used come when was weeding or turning a bed over was mad .

• Like 1