Strong Stuff Collar Failure

Guest alcapone

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your like clock work on here.....'why not pm the man instead of coming on here',il tell you why,for that very reason,it dosn't want hushing up ffs. Ive been pm'd to say there was a thread a while back

Why not pm the guy and get his phone no and speak to the guy rather go straight slag off, just asking like as that's what I would do!!

I personally can't be doing with terriers boncing around a dig on couplings myself...teach your dogs some manners... or just spade the cnuts.enjoy the rest of your evening. Atb dc

Fecking hell... Your choice to accept a gift and use it for your dogs IMO nothing to do with failure from the maker.

Those trigger collars are done by Glyn Jones as well as Bellman etc because dog lads want em, for right or wrong. Personally i think they are shite also, because they are 'designed' to relese easy as they have a trigger clip.

I know that working terriers have a tendency to spin and bounce round on couples, causing the chain link to twist and catch the trigger, one small tug of that clip in the wrong direction and your dog is off.

So simply put your dogs on 'propper' old school couples, no matter who makes em and guarantee your dogs safety...

There is an issue with the big brass clips coming undone and I would be surprised if he still uses them. I bought one of the big training leads.twice it came undone just by the dog shaking his head. He offered to sort the lead out if I sent it back or just take a file too it my self which I did. I lost a bit of faith in the lead after that and rarely use it as I am beside main roads all the time. But I will say he is an honest and straight fella to deal with so I would be surprised if he still uses them

Have to admit that if I'd had the two near misses that Alcapone had through equipment failure I'd be very annoyed too.

ALL gear needs checking regularly to ensure accidents don't happen so when it's the gear itself that's at fault it needs addressing ASAP.

• Like 3

This problem has been a problem for some time. As said the brass clips are shit, this happened to me a few years ago and I was told to grind the clip down and iv not had a problem since. But obviously you don't expect to buy something and then have to take a grinder to it to make it work. And I'm surprised he is still using these brass clips.

That said I wouldnt buy a collar or coupling off anyone else.

Must admit i have never liked the idea of the clip type keep it old school, i have never been in that much of a rush to get a dog off the lead, when my dogs going to ground i like to double check everything before i let them go, but its each to their own

• Like 7

I was given 2 strong stuff terrier couplings in the sumner as a gift but never used them until recently. Whilst out on a dig a few weeks back a young dog managed to unclip himself from the collar and get to ground with no locator on. The design im refering to is the coupling with dog lead ends and the collar comes straight off,i don't know how to post pics or i would. Whilst walking tonight along a busy road another terrier span round and the clasp opened and the dog was across the street,the design should NOT be used by anything other than poxy pets,they are no good for proper working dogs and are infact a liability whilst in the field. A man once told me never buy anything that wasn't designed buy a man that actually uses the said equipmant themselves. Upon speaking to a few lads now its apparent im not an isolated case,numerous lads have had it happen and for me,they are a piss poor design. Before all the dickheads come on with there praise of their 2" wide collars on their poxy bull x's saying 'ive got one on me dog and its phat bruv',save it because this threads not for you. Anyone else experienced this fault and had dogs get off?? In the future il be buying more couplings from Glyn Jones,designed by a man that knows a working terrier mans needs. My £70 worth of strong stuff collars are now where they belong....in my wheelie bin,id be better safer with a fiver collar from the local pet shop than the dirt ive just binned.

Bloody hell what do you need collets for Tony

You told me you had packed terriers in or is this just more shite talk???

Regards

Neal

Ps carnt respond by txt as I deleted your no as I said !!

• Like 2

Part of the problem with a lot of the clips on the couplings , stem from the price . The cheaper they are the cheaper that they have been made . The springs that hold the pin in place has been the first thing to be replaced. Instead of a good steady strong spring they have put an inferior weaker spring , hence if they accidentally get caught they pull the pin back . Jmho

Your like clock work on here.....'why not pm the man instead of coming on here',il tell you why,for that very reason,it dosn't want hushing up ffs. Ive been pm'd to say there was a thread a while back about the same thing,therefore he has done fcukall,and why soend £35 on a coupling then have to modify it yourself? You wouldn't buy a locator that you had to 'fix' before you used it would you?? If your on here to arse lick for the man don't bother,this is an ongoing fault that can cost a worthy animal its life,use it if you want,its your dog but mine are safely in the bin and thats where they will stay. 'pm him and do it in private',thats whays wrong with you all you have no fcukin backbone and thats the reason the sports fcukd.

My apologies.

I didn`t realise you were a dick.

Carry on.

Part of the problem with a lot of the clips on the couplings , stem from the price . The cheaper they are the cheaper that they have been made . The springs that hold the pin in place has been the first thing to be replaced. Instead of a good steady strong spring they have put an inferior weaker spring , hence if they accidentally get caught they pull the pin back . Jmho

the way I saw my pup unclip itself a stiffer spring wouldn't stop it, only a fixed coupling. The fixed couplings eliminate the chance, no matter how well it is constructed, there's always a chance of a clip catching.
  • Like 1
Guest alcapone

Bosun11 its everything to do with failure of equipment,thats the whole idea of the topic,if you have nothing constructive to offer move along. As for 'if he didn't know he can't fix it',its more than apparent that he does know and has chose not address the failure.

Not getting drawn into the slanging with the rest of the walts on here,the whole he does a good service sends them straight away is no big deal,in this day and age society expects next day delivery....Tesco and Asdas do online shopping and it lands at your door less than 24hr after payment is sent but theres no rave about them??

Sooty92,wether i have 2,22 or 0 dogs is no concern of anyones......the thing of saying id no dogs was perhaps a polite 'fcuk off!'.

And the whole im very angry,aggressive or whatever else ypu's have put is very true,due to failure of design i nearly lost 2 dogs,only luck i never,therefore id say ive a right to be pissed would you not say?? If the rest of you wiped his spunk off your chins and his shit off the end of your noses you woukd realise this also.

• Like 6

Just a question but what do you need a quick realease coupler for ? Surely when digging there is no need to be 2 seconds faster getting off a collar . I nonif I had been given some collars that were going to hold my pride and joys if have a look in to them first .. however a quick release collar for a terrrier would be as much use as a slip lead on a terrier .