Can Of Beer ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus.....must have some power behind them.

Id drink most beers off the leg of a scabby donkey but i wouldnt touch heineken its awful stuff.

Most scrumpy out of a bottle or can is ok ... not a patch on fresh from a wooden barrel in some backyard farm but ok all the same .......

Posted Images

Im like a born again teenager at the moment with all this beer lark but i must say canned stuff just doesnt do it for me i dont know if it works different for lager but the bitters and ales i drink are just not the same out of a can or bottle.

By the way does it make you a bit of a sissy if you have a drop of blackcurrant at the top of a pint of Guinness ?

Yes, now man-up ye big girls blouse...

Reading that i nearly spilled me Babysham..!!

No Cinzano Bianco tonight? That's what we used to get smashed on when we were younger lol

Up until a few years ago before Ireland started get all f****n' PC you used to see only pregnant women drinking a glass (not a pint, we're not animals) of Guinness with some blackcurrant in it. Doctors often prescribed it because Guinness is high in iron.

But then again, here in Ireland in those days we didn't have gays and that's probably who drinks it nowadays.

I can't speak for Ireland, but over here, Guiness use to be given to the frail, elderly. I've seen patients in the old geriatric hospitals encouraged to have a glass of an evening, but it was never actually prescribed.

It's not especially high in iron, but it does contain a !ot of calories in a small amount - handy, if you're caring for a frail old fella who's not eating very well.

Cant stand the stuff, personally............. :D

I'd well believe it. I wasn't messing when I said that Doctors used to tell pregnant women to drink a glass a day.

By the way does it make you a bit of a sissy if you have a drop of blackcurrant at the top of a pint of Guinness ?

Very, :yes:

Did you ban him yet?

Can't ban someone for being effeminate. :D

Oh dear.... ive had a pair of scousers taking the piss out of me all wknd.......knew i should of stuck to shandy.

• Like 2

Im like a born again teenager at the moment with all this beer lark but i must say canned stuff just doesnt do it for me i dont know if it works different for lager but the bitters and ales i drink are just not the same out of a can or bottle.

Well if it wasnt for a couple of your lot drinking champagne from pint glasses id of stuck to the fruit juice........but f**k it i can be hardcore as well.

• Like 1

Very, :yes:

People get blackcurrant in it to take away the tang from the guiness i dont mind a pint of the black stuff but i prefer beamish its much nicer.if im having a drink in the house its a cold bottle of bud.

Decent Guiness shouldn't have a tang.Havnt had a pint of Beamish for years.Lovely stuff.
  • Like 1

Guinness

Guinness Origional

Caffereys

John smiths

Murphy's

And decent Ale

Feck larger pure shite.

john smiths, nice so his marston ped bitter, thats beer drinks , i like can or 2-3 carlin lager thats ok for not strong lager :thumbs:

No Cinzano Bianco tonight? That's what we used to get smashed on when we were younger lol

we used to get smashed on armadillo sherry they used to sell it from the keg in the 70s used to go to the offy and fill up with your own bottles ,mainly teenagers and tramps :laugh:

I don't mind drinking lager in summer, generally becks or grosch but once the season turns I'm on to ale. At the moment it's doom bar (piss weak) and old speckled hen or hobgoblin

Im a seasonal drinker,ales,port ,red wine through the winter months ,switch to lagers ,occasional cider once its sunny ! Guiness 12 months of the year ,its very adaptable!