Are You A Fixer Or A Ditcher ?

big fan of duck tape ,,cable ties,,and fencing wire,,,,,fix anything...

lol dont forget bailing twine

i think farmers are born genetically able to see every possible use for baling twine.......tight feckers!!

https://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/101-uses-for-baler-twine.2855/

Edited by beast

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm an attempter and wrecker ... I attempt to fix things but end up wrecking them and having to buy a new one .......

I think if you put your age down when answering this, you would have a group of over 40,s that grew up with nothing and had to fix it or you never had one, and a group of younger folk that have been b

Just seen this asked on TV.   I'm the sort that will have a go at fixing just about anything....I'll glue it, nail it, screw it, solder it - and if all else fails, resort to duct tape and cable ties

I think if you put your age down when answering this, you would have a group of over 40,s that grew up with nothing and had to fix it or you never had one, and a group of younger folk that have been brought up in an age were you just sling it and get a new one on tick, it was called make do or mend, when I was a boy, meaning you make do without it or you mend it, I was given two bits of advice by my old man, one was if it has tits or wheels it will cost you and the other was if its broke you can't break it again

• Like 6

I think if you put your age down when answering this, you would have a group of over 40,s that grew up with nothing and had to fix it or you never had one, and a group of younger folk that have been brought up in an age were you just sling it and get a new one on tick, it was called make do or mend, when I was a boy, meaning you make do without it or you mend it, I was given two bits of advice by my old man, one was if it has tits or wheels it will cost you and the other was if its broke you can't break it again

I lived with my grandparents for large parts of my childhood, there's probably a lot in what you say there. :yes: There was evidences of my grandads fixes everywhere you looked, one that sticks in my mind is one of my nans saucepan lids with a replacement handle fashioned out of a portion cut off the end of a bright yellow gardening trowel handle! :laugh: He could fix anything my grandad, his fixes might not always have been aesthetically pleasing but they worked! :)

My dad grew up in poverty just after the war and it made him a hoarder. Not a scummy hoarder who lived in filth but he would save and store stuff but never let us use it. Some one would give him a pile of timber and he wouldn't let me use it....we had to draw up plans and measurements of anything i wanted timber for. Four years later the rotten timber would be thrown on the bonfire! Lol

He had boxes of mixed nails and screws, my pet hate....just buy a bag all the same size!

Sifting through boxes if fuses and bulbs to find one that hadn't blown!

Nah feck that just bin the lot

My Dad was a fixer. Or at least he thought he was. His idea of fixing was just keeping everything and saying he would fix it one day, which never came.

When i cleared out his garage, it was full of bent screwdrivers, bald tyres, blunt chisels, and car parts for cars he hadn't owned for years. Even blown fuses. Very handy.

Sometimes you have to say bugger this and dump stuff.

I lived with my grandparents for large parts of my childhood, there's probably a lot in what you say there. :yes: There was evidences of my grandads fixes everywhere you looked, one that sticks in my mind is one of my nans saucepan lids with a replacement handle fashioned out of a portion cut off the end of a bright yellow gardening trowel handle! :laugh: He could fix anything my grandad, his fixes might not always have been aesthetically pleasing but they worked! :)

lol sounds like my old dad. when the oven handle broke he melted a load of plastic and stuffed it the hole where the handle went. after it set hard, he heated up an old screwdriver, pushed it into the plastic and left it to set. job done!! salt pot lids for cupboard door openers, roofing tiles for patching up garden fence, and 101 uses for the little pens you get from the betting shop...

• Like 1