First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

Wouldn't bother mate, pick their runs, too slow, will bite tyres and Jack on anything.

But I may know of a big dog, 28" tts. He's a Hancock bred dog mind. Lol

who's his sire somewhereyournot?
Arthur

thought you mite have said Arthur, I take it you rate Arthur highly?
Not had a dog off him but know of people who has, only problem really is he throws big dogs, but depends what your after. Arthur is merlin sire, merlin throws dogs catching all sorts.

is it just big dogs he throws or bitches aswell, Arthur am talking about, cheers
Not sure about bitches but dogs usually 26-28 mate.

No point asking me anyway...ask shady 93, all his mates have hancocks by the sounds.?

• Like 1

The last 4 hancocks I seen run were poor...

Personally if you want a collie cross,,your doing the right thing asking on here,,there's plenty good home bred dogs that knock spots of Hancock ...some line bred for generations,,,others that might have a touch of lurcher or whippet in the breeding,,,,,by far the better choose than a streight half cross

• Like 6

The last 4 hancocks I seen run were poor...

Personally if you want a collie cross,,your doing the right thing asking on here,,there's plenty good home bred dogs that knock spots of Hancock ...some line bred for generations,,,others that might have a touch of lurcher or whippet in the breeding,,,,,by far the better choose than a streight half cross

only can go on my own dog Bryn , he 9 now and a 1x collie x grey bred from a lad on here , so local bred (not a hancock ) . he been a very good rabbit dog great at ferreting, mooching , and not bad in the lamp , had quite few 30s in a night , good feet,good coat, not bad wind, for a 1x, and never been really hurt in 9 years,. t he down side to me is the temp of this x , is he would only do what he wanted regards quarry/runs , maybe its him i dont just know. But my other dog Buck 1 x gsd x grey , very different mind set , he will bust a gut to catch game he gives 100% on every run , bit mad headed at times , but for me the better dog :yes: . maybe a 1x kelpie x grey a better choice , similar to a border collie but different temp bit more full on, but as tomo says there plenty of lurcher x lurcher doing the same job from proven lines , maybe better to look there :yes:

• Like 1

My bitch is a 1st cross collie grey, she is very picky with her runs, drove me nuts over the years. To the extent where I was getting so annoyed with her that I gave up hunting with her.

Maybe my fault for starting her poorly, few too many misses at the beginning?

I don't know?