Birmingham Slang?

I got 13 right, got number 9 wrong ... tbh I struggled with some of the options , I am from Cannock so I am a yamyam I guess, its annoying if folks call me a brummy because they dont talk a bit like me , its a complete different dialect , the same as someone from Quarry Bonk sounds nothing like me , but if I was referred to as '' black country'' I would be delighted :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

13/14. Those are not Brummie slang terms, they are yamyam (Black-country) terms, a world away from Brummies.

6 right on that brummie nonsense....sort of stuff I hear when Jonah or Mattyg is out in the kayaks with us..... Not a clue!! Lol

Brexit

Posted Images

I got 13 right, got number 9 wrong ... tbh I struggled with some of the options , I am from Cannock so I am a yamyam I guess, its annoying if folks call me a brummy because they dont talk a bit like me , its a complete different dialect , the same as someone from Quarry Bonk sounds nothing like me , but if I was referred to as '' black country'' I would be delighted :laugh:

do you think wolves is black country kay i dont think so, even cannock sounds different to wolverhampton lol

do you think wolves is black country kay i dont think so, even cannock sounds different to wolverhampton lol

I spent a short spell living in Willenhall many years ago if im not wrong the Black Country is Walsall,Bilston,Dudley etc......but not Wolverhampton as i was constantly being told at the time......but you,s will know more than me.........good little football area all them clubs so close to each other i enjoyed the time i spent round there.......cant say as i miss that accent though :bad:

No black country to me is tipton, bilston, dudley oldbury willenhall cradley heath , I have never considered walsall & wolvo as black country ,

• Like 1

No black country to me is tipton, bilston, dudley oldbury willenhall cradley heath , I have never considered walsall & wolvo as black country ,

thanks kay , same here :yes: my accent just a wolves, not brum, and not black country either, and yet when ever i speak to somebody , they say oh you from the black country :censored: i say no its feckin wolverhampton it does you head in :D

The black country was wherever there were chimneys belching out smoke 6 days a week, so I should think Wolverhampton and Walsall with their industrial heritage would be included, even when I started work in the 60's there were a hell of a lot of chimneys on the skyline. My old man told me that in Walsall in the 30's and 40's the women could only wash clothes on a Sunday because if they hung them out at any other time they would be covered in soot.

Cannock was farming and mining so I personally wouldn't count it.

Would that be Winson Green nick then Gnasher .?

Certainly not what do you think i am a criminal !!.......it was actually an incredibly attractive young lady i,ll have you know.

bloody hell gnash , you must have a real looker at 18st haha , only joking mate , seen some rough feckers around wolves in me time :yes: lol

The black country was wherever there were chimneys belching out smoke 6 days a week, so I should think Wolverhampton and Walsall with their industrial heritage would be included, even when I started work in the 60's there were a hell of a lot of chimneys on the skyline. My old man told me that in Walsall in the 30's and 40's the women could only wash clothes on a Sunday because if they hung them out at any other time they would be covered in soot.

Cannock was farming and mining so I personally wouldn't count it.

The village I live in just outside Cannock was a mining village, as a kid they where demolishing the old pit head & we played on the old slag heap untill they finally grassed it over & then about 25 yrs ago they developed it

post-3174-0-52560800-1473500388_thumb.jpg

I lived as a kid in the houses opposite the pit head , it was fairly derelict by the time I was 6 or 7

• 10 months later...

The black country according to some is where the coal seam was ,also the industry ,bilston had industry ,but wasn't in Wolverhampton at the time.

Walsall had coal close to the surface .what wiki says ...

Until the late twentieth century, the Black Country had no officially defined borders.[6] Some traditionalists have tended to define it as "the area where the coal seam comes to the surface – so West Bromwich, Oldbury, Blackheath, Cradley Heath, Old Hill, Bilston, Dudley, Tipton, Wednesfield and parts of Halesowen, Wednesbury and Walsall but not Wolverhampton, Stourbridge and Smethwick or what used to be known as Warley".[3] Others have included areas slightly outside the coal field which were associated with heavy industry.[7][8]

I live there and it's a shit hole give me the countryside any day :D

I don't know about anyone else but I love dudley! Cracking little town and everone is friendly and nothing like the dudley stereotype. Used to drink in the king arthur many years ago when I worked the markets in the town centre.

As for Walsall well this happening in broad daylight in the town centre says it all for me! Rotten old town :yes:

God help us