Brian Nuttall

thats the type of terrier i had from brian nuttal smooth coated,it self entered by accident at 6months oldthe ones i see now are rough coated,wf

How long ago is that Wilbur ? If you don't mind me asking ?

thats the type of terrier i had from brian nuttal smooth coated,it self entered by accident at 6months oldthe ones i see now are rough coated,wf

in the1990,s 95 i think
  • Like 2

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go on I'll accommodate this thread lol the ancestors of this dog go back to mr Nuttals yard best dog I've had for a long while

You sir do sound like an anti to me. Nobody asks that many questions. Gathering information is all your at. Anybody with half a brain cell wouldn't respond to your posts.

I'm not trying to offend you or Brian, it's a case of horses for courses, 12 lbs would be of no use to me or 90% of the UK's terrier men. Brian's had a massive influence on terriers, so have hundreds

Posted Images

in the1990,s 95 i think

Oh OK, Brian brought one over in the late 80s that self entered at 8 months and I was just wondering if it was around the same time.

It was a son of Mickeys he brought over and it did a serious job on it's first dig which was 8 foot.

I ended up with a son of this dog who's heart was bigger than his brain, LOL.

in the1990,s 95 i think

Oh OK, Brian brought one over in the late 80s that self entered at 8 months and I was just wondering if it was around the same time.

It was a son of Mickeys he brought over and it did a serious job on it's first dig which was 8 foot.

I ended up with a son of this dog who's heart was bigger than his brain, LOL.

bought a dog of him around 91 .son of mickey , dog called 'nipper' small dog , dug and bolted enough foxes with him . had his fair share of game .brave dog.good worker .think it was about £150 .
  • Like 1

Interesting reading....... How many of you have actually been hunting / digging with Mr Brian Nuttall ?

I spent many a good year hunting with Brian, listening to the stories from yesteryear and learning as we went along our duties. How many of you can say you have dug 28ft to one of Brian's dogs (Ratty) ? She spent some 18 hrs approx in the ground and did exactly what we all expect from our dogs.........

Yes he's a gentleman, yes he's forgotten more than most will ever know................. And yes today his terriers are too small but still a gentleman and has probably done more for the working Patterdale than any other single man.

Edited by foxhunting1
  • Like 12

Interesting reading....... How many of you have actually been hunting / digging with Mr Brian Nuttall ?

I spent many a good year hunting with Brian, listening to the stories from yesteryear and learning as we went along our duties. How many of you can say you have dug 28ft to one of Brian's dogs (Ratty) ? She spent some 18 hrs approx in the ground and did exactly what we all expect from our dogs.........

Yes he's a gentleman, yes he's forgotten more than most will ever know................. And yes today his terriers are too small but still a gentleman and has probably done more for the working Patterdale than any other single man.

I wouldn't say they are too small just smaller than his original stuff .He told me once he purposely let size slip but I think he had no choice in the matter ,breeding from same stuff continually does that .I don't agree with some things he's done but overall what is there to moan about .The smooth coated ,bull headed pat type will be about long after he's gone and will have stamped its gene on many a yard .I wish I'd taken up the offer to dig with him in his prime.
  • Like 4