Next Wildlife Presenter

Who could you nominate to present or narrate future wildlife programmes. listened to ewan mc gregor tonight and thought as much as i enjoyed the programme, he aint no Attenborough. more an actor than a naturalist. GOD help us if packham or oddity were given the job i really cant think who could maintain my interest like attenborough did. Whats your view.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hugh fearnly whittingstall at least he understands the food chain

Could we just use sound clips of Sir Attenborough edited together for ever?

Ray mears?

Johnny f***ing kingdom? What a wanker! Hugh F W is too much of a Rupert for me.

It wouldn't necessarily need to be someone with a great knowledge of wildkife as long as he had a good support team writing his lines.

For instance it could be someone like Matt LeBlanc and he could get his lines straight from the pages of Hunting Life.

Attenborough will always be number one. Not just because he's brilliant at it, but because we've all grown up with it being him narrating on some of the most amazing and mind blowing natural history films ever made. The big man's voice has been described as 'soothing', with pretty much a throw back neutral 'BBC' accent, and he speaks with authority but without being intimidating.

In terms of who could fill his shoes..., loads have had a go, including the likes of the already mentioned Ewan McGregor (Obi Wan Kenobi), David Tennant (Dr Who), Pierce Brosnan (Jim Bond), Andrew Sachs (Que?), Morgan Freeman (Shawshank & general cool old guy), even James Earl Jones (Darth Vadar), but none of these have come close to challenging Sir Dave.

I don't ever see Cwis (dick) getting a shout. I can see the BBC going in a new direction..., and probably give a minority a crack at it. Maybe a woman...? Maybe someone of 'ethnicity'...? Maybe someone with a disability...? Maybe someone with a regional dialect....? If so, then here are my nominations;

Woman - Janet Street Porter

Ethnic - Frank Bruno

Disability - Stephen Hawking

Regional dialect - Ant n Dec (Eng) Rhod Gilbert (Wal) James Nesbitt (NI) Me (Sco)

• Like 4