Ukip Leadership Election

Corbyn has shifted the Overton window, even the Tories are admitting that.

Some Conservatives cite a further reason for their partys interventionist direction: Jeremy Corbyn. Labours leftwards trajectory has made hitherto radical policies (such as workers on boards) appear increasingly moderate. Corbyn has moved the Overton window, a Tory MP told me in reference to the spectrum of politically acceptable ideas.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/10/brexit-was-libertarian-dream-it-has-become-statist-one

Overton windows ? 55% off, if you order before Christmas ?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the great victory over the EU, which was totally his really, yes I'd wank him off

With UKIP and the referendum and what's going on with Corbyn and Labour the people are finding their voice again, no matter where on the political spectrum you are that's a good thing

IF Ukip get a very strong character as leader they could become Britains number two party over the next five years. labour doesn't know what it's doing, the Lib Debs are a dead parrot, so it's all to

Posted Images

Steven Woolfe has quit the party and says UKIP is in a death spiral.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37682828

Definitely on course to become the main opposition party as some on here were insisting only a few weeks ago :laugh:

he got sparked out because he was already courting with the Tory,s, just like carswell a total judas, career politicians will sing from any hymn book as long as they don't have to work for a living, lazy back stabbing shisters
  • Like 1

Latest candidate to declare is John Rees Evans.

Saw him on TV just now, and I've got to say......I like this fella !

There's been a couple of daft stories about him, but he said he sees UKIP supporters as "freedom fighters" that should be mobilised against "the enemy".

When pushed on who "the enemy" are, he calmly said "anyone who attempts to defy the will of the people" !!

Interesting ?

• Like 1

Its a party which imploded. Far to many nutters and people who just didn't know how to conduct themselfs.

Oh well they shook up the establishment a bit. So thats always good and healthy.

I await the next party to takes it place. Hopefully lessons have been learned. I hoped for big things from UKIP. But like the rest greed and power went to there heads. Guess its a common trait with all politicians and political parties!

There's been a couple of daft stories about him, but he said he sees UKIP supporters as "freedom fighters" that should be mobilised against "the enemy".

When pushed on who "the enemy" are, he calmly said "anyone who attempts to defy the will of the people" !!

Interesting ?

Seems there's a better crop of candidates all round this time, I've actually heard of most of them for a start! :laugh:

Interesting ?

That attitude isn't going to win over the disenfranchised ex-labour people,in any number anyway.

Neither will that women who looks and sounds near identical to Thatcher.

Nuttal's the man for the job now,he's not the most charismatic but he's intelligent and he seems to be pushing for unity in the party and also realises the British working class is not represented by any of the major parties at present.

• Like 1

Steven Woolfe has quit the party and says UKIP is in a death spiral.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37682828

Definitely on course to become the main opposition party as some on here were insisting only a few weeks ago :laugh:

At least UKIP was/is a step in the right direction. The momentum will keep going in the right direction too whether it is UKIP or some other party that fills the void as people are waking up.
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...