Having never been a drinker in my life and never really been around drinkers im not exactly a connoisseur of beers......but stone me ive really got a taste for the stuff lately :laugh:......round my way i like this Doombar gear but what others can i expect to find on my travels i,ll be hunting down some nice local bitters all around Welshpool and North Wales in a few weeks so any tips for an amateur from any of you real pro pissheads ? :D .

as you have left it rather late in life to start a career on the piss may I suggest you forget the missing years, starting on beer working upto lager etc etc and just get straight on the cider, and I don't mean that clear sparkly shite that's all the fashion but the proper, still,cloudy gear produced in an oak barrel in a rat infested farmyard, only then will you know the pleasures of missing out days of your life in a blur, shitting yourself and waking up thinking were the fudge am I and how did I get here, and if you think that the girl in the exorcist can puke you should see some of the young uns after a night on the rough stuff in some of my fav pubs, it's the eighth wonder of the world. Or alternatively six X is a popular real ale

Apart from the puking, youve almost exactly described what happened to me last weekend

i'd elaborate but been getting stick for about 4 days

Don't worry Mr shitty pants,we get the picture :thumbs: ...

Nope, werent that, but woke up in a very very strange place! Badly let down by my wing woman :icon_eek: Edited by Columbo
  • Like 1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as you have left it rather late in life to start a career on the piss may I suggest you forget the missing years, starting on beer working upto lager etc etc and just get straight on the cider, and I

Seeing as you are new to the drinking game youngster here are some basic rules that will help you     Always do something to earn your pint ,it can be a visit to the gym or a days work or a bank j

NO NO NO NO NO forget all that strongbow bullmers nonsense real made scrumpy from local sources that's the way to go ... Whenever I work down the west country way in the summer I always look out for t

Never mind the ale - get yourself down to the West country and try some of their ciders - They do all sorts in different regions and, they take a real pride in it.

The best stuff comes from the farms, in plastic milk containers ;)

• Like 1

Having never been a drinker in my life and never really been around drinkers im not exactly a connoisseur of beers......but stone me ive really got a taste for the stuff lately :laugh:......round my way i like this Doombar gear but what others can i expect to find on my travels i,ll be hunting down some nice local bitters all around Welshpool and North Wales in a few weeks so any tips for an amateur from any of you real pro pissheads ? :D .

None of that fizzy lager shit by the way i cant be doing with that.

Seeing as you are new to the drinking game youngster here are some basic rules that will help you

Always do something to earn your pint ,it can be a visit to the gym or a days work or a bank job ,but earn it .

Always drink in moderation.

Always choose your company carefully ,

Never discuss the relative merits of real ales while drinking ,you run the risk of being labelled a twat ,and that would be a disaster so early in your drinking career.

Never underestimate the importance of agreeable surroundings and good company whilst having a pint ,every single pint should be savoured and enjoyed.

Never lose your manners ,remain a gentleman with or without drink.

Never drink to relieve stress or forget a bad day ,that way lies many pitfalls

Enjoy yourself .

• Like 9

what ever you find on your travels stay away from john smiths or green king ipa. there mass produced crap and a shadow of what they once were since the big corporates bought the brewery's out. profit over quality is there main aim.

• Like 3

There are a few really good bars here in Barcelona well worth the trip for a weekend of visiting them. If you Google real ale bars bcn you'll find them.... I recommend the Ale and Hop always have fantastic cask beers on tap. Also we tend to have a beer festival once a bloody month by the looks of my bank account sometimes :laugh:

• Like 1

Well thankyou chaps.....plenty of good tips to be getting on with there ive heard of a few Directors is one ive had before and remember also got through a bit of that Hobgoblin stuff in Wales last year......that was my sample trip but this will be my first legitimate drinking expedition so thought id go armed with a bit of info :D.....some good pointers there Stan im not gonna be going back to teenage days and getting off me nut i cant stand people who are uncouth so none of that pissing and puking in the street caper.......just pleasant tasting beer in good company around some nice countryside..............ive always liked a pub atmosphere but always had the body is a temple attitude so got to see what i missed out on.......with a bit of luck i wont come back a raving alcoholic !!

As antg said id rather stay away from the mass produced stuff and try the local gear be interesting to see how they vary from place to place.....not that i,ll know the difference im a big sissy and probably be on my back after 2 pints.................thanks again chaps.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Wrong time of year for real ale drinking ... The summer is for cider or lager sat outside in a nice beer garden in a quiet country pub watching the world amble by .... The winter is the time for real ales ... A nice quiet pub with a real fire and the rain lashing the Windows ... Atmosphere is everything ........

• Like 6

Never mind the ale - get yourself down to the West country and try some of their ciders - They do all sorts in different regions and, they take a real pride in it.

The best stuff comes from the farms, in plastic milk containers ;)

perry's,burrow hill and jack rat and some you can stand a spoon in.

Wrong time of year for real ale drinking ... The summer is for cider or lager sat outside in a nice beer garden in a quiet country pub watching the world amble by .... The winter is the time for real ales ... A nice quiet pub with a real fire and the rain lashing the Windows ... Atmosphere is everything ........

I cant seem to get on with cider again all these Strongbows and Old English whatever their called seem a bit fizzy i just cant abide fizzy drinks.................but then i guess ciders similar to ale in that it varies region to region....or not ?.....nice thirst quencher though cider from the little ive had.

I cant seem to get on with cider again all these Strongbows and Old English whatever their called seem a bit fizzy i just cant abide fizzy drinks.................but then i guess ciders similar to ale in that it varies region to region....or not ?.....nice thirst quencher though cider from the little ive had.

NO NO NO NO NO forget all that strongbow bullmers nonsense real made scrumpy from local sources that's the way to go ... Whenever I work down the west country way in the summer I always look out for the cider signs on the farms ... All the big flash colourful signs get ignored until I see a cardboard sign normally spelt wrong pointing up a ragged dirt track where your met by an old half drunk farmer ... Now these are the fellas to get your cider from ......

• Like 7

NO NO NO NO NO forget all that strongbow bullmers nonsense real made scrumpy from local sources that's the way to go ... Whenever I work down the west country way in the summer I always look out for the cider signs on the farms ... All the big flash colourful signs get ignored until I see a cardboard sign normally spelt wrong pointing up a ragged dirt track where your met by an old half drunk farmer ... Now these are the fellas to get your cider from ......

Now that's a man who knows his cider :yes:

If you can understand the farmer when he talks to you it's not the proper stuff :laugh:

• Like 2

Really :hmm:.......​i mean i dont mind coming back a little bit the worse for wear......even the odd bout of the tom tits......but i dont particularly want to come back with hepatitis b !

Well ok im game......so im on the lookout for derelict shitholes owned by degenerate illiterate misfits..............might as well just stay where i am !

• Like 4

Really :hmm:.......​i mean i dont mind coming back a little bit the worse for wear......even the odd bout of the tom tits......but i dont particularly want to come back with hepatitis b !

Well ok im game......so im on the lookout for derelict shitholes owned by degenerate illiterate misfits..............might as well just stay where i am !

Get yourself down to Wilkin's Cider Farm, Roger does a lovely drop with no hepatitis b :laugh: