Boxing At The Weekend...

13 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Exactly that mate.I had people telling me the other night"Yeah but Ngannau is a top fighter and can really throw a punch"My answer was "Mo Farrah is a really good runner but I dont want to sit and watch him race Usain Bolt let alone waste 20quid on it.And you're correct that Fury couldnt get away with his usual lean and wear down tactic with an 18st bloke whos game is is partly made up of clinching and grappling

Purists like myself are seen as dinosaurs in elite boxing audiences now we're not important.....whats important is whatever can get the most eyes on a fight regardless of how competitive it is......boxing always had a bit of showbiz to it but it was primarily about competition.......those days are gone sadly the £20 of some silly bollocks playing Tour of Duty in his bedroom is worth the same amount as mine and theres more of him than me.....so thats who the target audience is.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

martyn wouldn’t take me money said give it to your kids and pic on here with them with it  thanks mate they was happy lol be market and seaside arcades weekend so it will get enjoyed 

" Right then kids , we got the picture "  " put the money back in my wallet and go tidy your rooms "

The THL fight club

Posted Images

3 hours ago, downsouth said:

And you're correct that Fury couldnt get away with his usual lean and wear down tactic with an 18st bloke whos game is is partly made up of clinching and grappling

I think that was the long and short of it, and has proved what others have been saying for a long while. Take away his size advantage, and his (severe) limitations are clear to see. I think he's shot himself in the foot with this shambles. Like you and others, I had no interest in this until I woke up Sunday morning and clocked the news, I just had to have a peek, and YouTube came up trumps. I honestly don't see it as a scam to pump interest for whatever either, I can see the reason for it, but he genuinely looks dejected and the fact his old man has remained silent speaks volumes i.m.o. ...look at him and his body language here, there's nothing screaming to me it was all a set up. 

Yokel

• Like 3

I rekon he still beats usyk and youll see a better performance off him in his next fight, he needs to be 1.5 stone lighter as hes too flabby around the gut, it looked like homer simpson getting clocked in moes bar by the bouncer ffs, i must say that he has had better days, still id like to see ngannou fight wilder

• Like 1

Do you not think that regardless of Saturdays circus , there was a bit of “we need to get our act together “ as a boxing community post the fight ? 

the public have had shit served as steak from the heavyweights for quite some time now , I think as no more than a passing fan that the likes of the Crawford , Garcia fights are far more what the sports about than the latest instalment of two from a pool of the usual suspects shouting at each other you tube for click bait . 

Has f n just came along and held a mirror up to the sport and it’s supposed top levels ? 

where does h w boxing go from here ? 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, YOKEL said:

Oh, and just to add, can you imagine the shite that he and his hangers on would be shouting if AJ or Usyk had just put in that performance against a boxing novice.....

Yokel 

Not just him , the media , some of the comments from the likes of Gareth Davies are embarrassing 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Do you not think that regardless of Saturdays circus , there was a bit of “we need to get our act together “ as a boxing community post the fight ? 

the public have had shit served as steak from the heavyweights for quite some time now , I think as no more than a passing fan that the likes of the Crawford , Garcia fights are far more what the sports about than the latest instalment of two from a pool of the usual suspects shouting at each other you tube for click bait . 

Has f n just came along and held a mirror up to the sport and it’s supposed top levels ? 

where does h w boxing go from here ? 

It needs a heavey to school ngannou in the next fight to save grace, and it needs to be a ko or stoppage, wilder or zhang is the names for me, but it will end up whyte or chizora and he will look even better ffs

7 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

It needs a heavey to school ngannou in the next fight to save grace, and it needs to be a ko or stoppage, wilder or zhang is the names for me, but it will end up whyte or chizora and he will look even better ffs

you have ngganou conditioned to been hit with 4oz gloves on he will take some stopping fury won’t do it wilder be more like it 

• Haha 1

Boxing, especially heavyweight boxing is in a mess.  And I can't see it improving just by everyone f***ing off to the Middle East just so they can get paid treble, or more, than what they would in Britain, Europe.

Said some months ago, when that heavyweight series, or whatever it was, was first mentioned, it'll be the death knell for heavyweight boxing, too much money, politics and EXTREMELY unscrupulous deals.

It was obvious fury wouldn't be fighting usyk on the 23rd December, and had the brass neck to threaten him with being sued, and now the c**t is backing out of it AGAIN!!!  Lol.

I'll say it again, fury will NEVER fight usyk.  Doesn't matter how much he's offered.  He's even said it, and I quote, 'it doesn't matter if I was offered a trillion pounds for the undisputed, I'm not interested.'

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you have ngganou conditioned to been hit with 4oz gloves on he will take some stopping fury won’t do it wilder be more like it 

So want do you think of fury ducking usyk again Mac? 

Fight set for 23 Dec now put back.. 

• Like 1