Hound X Bull Grey

lol...

One mans rubbish is another's treasure as the old saying goes!

Plus never chucked a dog from car mid chase !

Come see the ground I hunt then see if you would feed the dog

Come see the ground i hunt and attempt to navigate,possibly why i know that a dog that cannot connect with a scabby bunny will rarely connect with anything more testing of its pace,on any ground,fact.

Aye, But to run it, first its got to find it. And on open moorland and forestry, somethings take some finding.

Id not feed a useless fecker that could,nt use its nose as well as its eyes,the sad reality of life to some is that they do not see much of that in their lurcher breeding.I take it as standard that the mutt is let loose and comes to terms with the terrain and hidden quarry,they smell it, they find it, they pursue it, they attempt to kill it.If they can do 3 out of 4 they are useless,many bred now are lucky to manage 2 of those disciplines,again fact.

neither would I, but we are not feeding that dog. Owain does, and he seems pleased with the results so far. You been at the grumpy pills again lad?

Doctors orders.I just hate the idea of mediocrity as acceptable lurcher practice now,it boils my urine to see 3rd rate as 1st rate.
Edited by stop.end

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after being offer this from a friend of a friend me and my uncle couldn't say no and bought this dog in 2 year old and seen a good bit had him out last week or so and been very I'm pressed hunts

The dogs half hound and just over quarter grey ! Will never see the lamp in its life ! Like I said of the mark not very quick but when he gets into his stride he takes over the other lurchers and wh

One mans rubbish is another's treasure as the old saying goes! Plus never chucked a dog from car mid chase ! Come see the ground I hunt then see if you would feed the dog

wouldn't suit me and its an ugly b4stard but i can see why you want hound blood with it where you hunt. i do hope and think it will do what you want it to do and bloody good luck with it. do they really hunt 2 miles away from you?you must be no part of it.

Both my dogs hunt up..they find the game.and do what they do..I love that type of hunting.. There doing what they do.why would they need me..I just take em to the spots were I hope game is..the dogs do all the work..

Have had a dog that hunted way up front would eventually recall, and a quick inspection of dog would indicate a kill, but the b*****d would never lead me back to it.

But that was a lurcher, perhaps with the addition of hound blood they are more obliging in showing where it is :)

• Like 1

My dogs chase big Bunny's every day..carnt help it with were we walk.one has no chance but I thought I had to dig a set the other day when they out one to ground.badger must of thought wtf

• Like 1

Not so much the bull blood it's just bringing the hound down a bit up here a dog screaming early on scent isn't the best thing I don't mind the dog giving a few yelps when it's sighted quarry which this big lad does

• Like 3

You know exactly what you want for what you do Ow, quite obviously it wouldn't be the type of dog for everyone but it sounds like the dog for you.

There's probably a bit more thought in the reason/breeding behind why you chose this dog than the hundreds of bunny bashers that are produced.

dogs perfect for you wales1234 for them valleys over there there is hunting on scent in populated areas of quarry yeah most good lurchers should be able to do it but to find just one thing in a 5 mile radius on an old line takes a little more then then a decent lurcher so dont blame you going down the route of adding more scenting other wise it be a boring walk around the barren lands of the valleys gotta find it before you can catch it

• Like 6