Hound X Bull Grey

One mans rubbish is another's treasure as the old saying goes!

Plus never chucked a dog from car mid chase !

Come see the ground I hunt then see if you would feed the dog

Come see the ground i hunt and attempt to navigate,possibly why i know that a dog that cannot connect with a scabby bunny will rarely connect with anything more testing of its pace,on any ground,fact.

Aye, But to run it, first its got to find it. And on open moorland and forestry, somethings take some finding.

Id not feed a useless fecker that could,nt use its nose as well as its eyes,the sad reality of life to some is that they do not see much of that in their lurcher breeding.I take it as standard that the mutt is let loose and comes to terms with the terrain and hidden quarry,they smell it, they find it, they pursue it, they attempt to kill it.If they can do 3 out of 4 they are useless,many bred now are lucky to manage 2 of those disciplines,again fact.

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after being offer this from a friend of a friend me and my uncle couldn't say no and bought this dog in 2 year old and seen a good bit had him out last week or so and been very I'm pressed hunts

The dogs half hound and just over quarter grey ! Will never see the lamp in its life ! Like I said of the mark not very quick but when he gets into his stride he takes over the other lurchers and wh

One mans rubbish is another's treasure as the old saying goes! Plus never chucked a dog from car mid chase ! Come see the ground I hunt then see if you would feed the dog

Come see the ground i hunt and attempt to navigate,possibly why i know that a dog that cannot connect with a scabby bunny will rarely connect with anything more testing of its pace,on any ground,fact.

Aye, But to run it, first its got to find it. And on open moorland and forestry, somethings take some finding.

Id not feed a useless fecker that could,nt use its nose as well as its eyes,the sad reality of life to some is that they do not see much of that in their lurcher breeding.I take it as standard that the mutt is let loose and comes to terms with the terrain and hidden quarry,they smell it, they find it, they pursue it, they attempt to kill it.If they can do 3 out of 4 they are useless,many bred now are lucky to manage 2 of those disciplines,again fact.

neither would I, but we are not feeding that dog. Owain does, and he seems pleased with the results so far. You been at the grumpy pills again lad?

neither would I, but we are not feeding that dog. Owain does, and he seems pleased with the results so far. You been at the grumpy pills again lad?

Doctors orders.I just hate the idea of mediocrity as acceptable lurcher practice now,it boils my urine to see 3rd rate as 1st rate.

• Like 2

Doctors orders.I just hate the idea of mediocrity as acceptable lurcher practice now,it boils my urine to see 3rd rate as 1st rate.

I agree with that sentiment. But we ain't seen nothing of that dog. Just looked at a picture. We have both been around long enough to know that looks dont kill. If a dog has never surprised you, i'd be surprised.

• Like 2

I agree with that sentiment. But we ain't seen nothing of that dog. Just looked at a picture. We have both been around long enough to know that looks dont kill. If a dog has never surprised you, i'd be surprised.

Ill warrant not many have sneaked up on you mucker,especially fat slow uns.

• Like 2

only my ex ;)

only my ex ;)

The only time a fat lass caught up with me was when i tripped over my erection.

• Like 1

only my ex ;)

The only time a fat lass caught up with me was when i tripped over my erection.

you cant call that teeler an erection

The dogs half hound and just over quarter grey ! Will never see the lamp in its life !

Like I said of the mark not very quick but when he gets into his stride he takes over the other lurchers and where I hunt there's no field or f**k all open country plus probably never work alone ever I work 2/3 at a time purely to cover ground I don't have to defend the dog like said I feed him and work him

• Like 11

its not so much the size of the dog at catching, it having natural ability/ agility picking up game. ive had 3 bullxs before as you know all were about 26in 70-76lb all good dogs on teeth and edible .But being honest Buck my 1x gsd x grey as caught more game than they ever did, just as much guts, and loads agilty+ pace. my bullxs were straight pit x greys, maybe this dog with the hound in its make up, give it pace agility you deff get more stamina :yes: just look a t pit x grey x saluki x grey there are very good lurchers on all quarry :thumbs:

Would that be because 3 out of 4 parts are sighthound?

could be , yeh what i was getting at was Buck a bigger dog 28in 83lb than my bullxs were , and his size as never stopped him picking up game, he had 36 rabbits in a night, so he 4/8 grey 4/8 gsd 1/2 running dog. big dogs deff can catch no prob . maybe the dogs going to be used with terriers around holes .!
I own bull X Ray one being 3/8 5/8 to the bull and no problem her catching day or night surprised a lot of people in her day ! This dog is not meant to be a great lamp or ferret dog will never see either in his life probably not see a rabbit either lol