Hound X Bull Grey

Nice dog ow-should be just the ticket for the hill.just like this boy.attachicon.gif2016-02-14 12.40.23.jpgatb dc

Ah there's Tom good luck with him DC

You and owain will have a named hunt soon lol

Nice dog ow-should be just the ticket for the hill.just like this boy. 2016-02-14 12.40.23.jpgatb dc

2 completely different dogs by the looks of the pictures to be fair atb

Hound blood is hound blood Matt.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after being offer this from a friend of a friend me and my uncle couldn't say no and bought this dog in 2 year old and seen a good bit had him out last week or so and been very I'm pressed hunts

The dogs half hound and just over quarter grey ! Will never see the lamp in its life ! Like I said of the mark not very quick but when he gets into his stride he takes over the other lurchers and wh

One mans rubbish is another's treasure as the old saying goes! Plus never chucked a dog from car mid chase ! Come see the ground I hunt then see if you would feed the dog

10 m old 27 tts and still growing and by f**k can it cover some ground,horses for courses lads,dog needs to be able to take the ruff and tumble of working these hill's, knocking a dog on a photo-some right nuggets about lol.atb dc

• Like 2

One mans rubbish is another's treasure as the old saying goes!

Plus never chucked a dog from car mid chase !

Come see the ground I hunt then see if you would feed the dog

its not so much the size of the dog at catching, it having natural ability/ agility picking up game. ive had 3 bullxs before as you know all were about 26in 70-76lb all good dogs on teeth and edible .But being honest Buck my 1x gsd x grey as caught more game than they ever did, just as much guts, and loads agilty+ pace. my bullxs were straight pit x greys, maybe this dog with the hound in its make up, give it pace agility you deff get more stamina :yes: just look a t pit x grey x saluki x grey there are very good lurchers on all quarry :thumbs:

Would that be because 3 out of 4 parts are sighthound?

could be , yeh what i was getting at was Buck a bigger dog 28in 83lb than my bullxs were , and his size as never stopped him picking up game, he had 36 rabbits in a night, so he 4/8 grey 4/8 gsd 1/2 running dog. big dogs deff can catch no prob . maybe the dogs going to be used with terriers around holes .!
I own bull X Ray one being 3/8 5/8 to the bull and no problem her catching day or night surprised a lot of people in her day ! This dog is not meant to be a great lamp or ferret dog will never see either in his life probably not see a rabbit either lol

BTW I was not slating anyone's lurcher. I was just pointing out to Bird why the type he mentioned might be handy. As the saying goes you feed him and he suits you. Good luck with him, i'm sure he will do you fine for you type of hunting. What type of hound is in him? Do you think fell hound might be the best for breeding into a lurcher line, to keep the frame narrow and plenty of wind, which might lead to good agility?
I know what you mean!

I have no idea with hounds mate it's something I'd love to learn about ! I know the bull X that was used and was a very good dog ! As for the hound no idea !

• Like 1

having seen the terrain in question, these aren't bushing or mooching lurchers - they often need to draw huge areas before knocking one up or finding him in - so nose, stamina, feet and marking ability needed - i can fully understand the need for a drop of hound blood if your lurcher may need to be 2 miles away from you sometimes.

• Like 2

having seen the terrain in question, these aren't bushing or mooching lurchers - they often need to draw huge areas before knocking one up or finding him in - so nose, stamina, feet and marking ability needed - i can fully understand the need for a drop of hound blood if your lurcher may need to be 2 miles away from you sometimes.

100% mate my plan is keep a line of hound X bull grey going and keep colliebullgrey as my second lurcher will cover everything I need here ! Iv had my colliebullgrey over 3km and can't knock her hunting! seen a few these hound X work lately and this dog I love them ! I could go all day talking about hunting in the day mind lol

100% mate my plan is keep a line of hound X bull grey going and keep colliebullgrey as my second lurcher will cover everything I need here ! Iv had my colliebullgrey over 3km and can't knock her hunting! seen a few these hound X work lately and this dog I love them ! I could go all day talking about hunting in the day mind lol

You've got it all wrong. Catching a bolting rabbit is priority ?

• Like 1

He's a lump Ow, I'm sure it'll suit your sort of hunting...

Never make a ferreting dog though!! Lol

Oh god no like that bloody greyhound looking thing of yours never make a ferreting dog lol
  • Like 1

Looks a beast mate, can he be called back or is it a tracker job?

Shout at him straight back very loyal dog
sound. Iv got a hound I'm bringing on at the min it doesn't listen to a word I say, spend half the day looking for the litter f****r!

Oh god no like that bloody greyhound looking thing of yours never make a ferreting dog lol

She missed 2 bolters the terrier put out yesterday morning, think she's a cull mate.. Lol

She missed 2 bolters the terrier put out yesterday morning, think she's a cull mate.. Lol
Definitely mate if you listen to some the nutters on here missed to rabbits? Shoot it ! Lol
  • Like 1