Bad News Nicky Blackwell.

It was as one sided as a gang rape! He showed heart but what he didn't show was boxing ability, a Billy Joe said boxing is about hitting without getting hit, I bet embark has had harder sparring matches! He's game, but that only lasts you so long, you need ability to

• Like 3

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think it's a real shame that a thread that should have just been full of well wishes for an injured warrior has been taken over by the same pathetic Fury arguments

If bell ends carried world titles, without a shadow of doubt that big fool would be the undisputed champion.

The situation with the kid Blackwell is a terrible shame and i wish him all the strength in the world in making a complete recovery....but its one of those situations where you could point fingers of

Hope he recovers well, don't think there was any need for two champions to get in ring & taunt another boxer especially as the one gave a interview later saying he'd been schooled the right way and a Olympian atb Flacko

• Like 3

watched it on c5, should have turned the volume off, Blackwell was outclassed by a hell of a lot more than 4 rounds, I hope he`ll not fight again, his heart is too big for his body and he`ll end up dead on his feet but still swinging, the bias and hate for young chris I can`t understand, too many memories about his old man maybe but senior did well career wise so maybe junior is now thinking that's the way to perform to earn big bucks, hope he has the skills his old man had to back it up, time will tell

• Like 4

He told him to hit the body to do more damage, he was getting hit with bombs but they weren't rocking him, and he finishes well and eubank was losing his snap so that's why he went to the body..... last time I fought I took quite a few hard shots to the head, and maybe 3 at most to the body, my headache went after two days but couldn't lift my hands above my head for a fortnight, body shots are cripplers and very under rated

• Like 2

It wasn't for the sake of Nick Blackwell Eubank snr was saying that to jnr if was simply beacuse the head shots where not hurting Nick he was basically saying attack the base to make the tree fall everyone making snr to be the saving grace when he wasn't

• Like 1

It wasn't for the sake of Nick Blackwell Eubank snr was saying that to jnr if was simply beacuse the head shots where not hurting Nick he was basically saying attack the base to make the tree fall everyone making snr to be the saving grace when he wasn't

I don't think that's true CJ. Eubank senior was banging on the canvas at the end of the eighth round urging the ref to stop it. His words and his actions have been widely praised. He was obviously mindful of the damage he did to Michael Watson in the early nineties.

A lot made of Snr banging the apron and telling the ref to stop the fight. IMHO he's a mile out of order. Victor Loughlin is a top referee and some of what's been said and written suggests he didn't do his job right. Eubank is a dick and had no business asking the ref to stop the fight, unless he was pulling his own man out.

• Like 2

Eubank jnr and BJ Saunders have been on talksport today. Saunders slating the Eubanks saying the only reason his dad wanted the ref to stop it so he had the stoppage over NB. BJ also says the way the Eubanks carried on after the fight, yet his good mate Fury was in the ring singing etc. Saunders where saying they where bad for boxing, didn't he f*ck someone else's wife and put it onto youtube not long ago?

Also watched an interview with Peter Fury last night and no matter what was going on in the Hospital he wanted Hughie to fight because he had, had a tough training camp and his opponent come all the way from the USA. Eubank jnr comfirms his father told him to go to Nick's body because he was taking to much punishment, his father even tells him the same during sparring sessions. Talksport hosts where saying they lost a bit of respect for Steve Bunce and the comments he made about Eubanks senior's comments about going for the body.

The way I see it Saunders is using the fact to build up a rematch and make more £'s. I like team Fury and think Saunders is a very clever fighter but needs to think before he speaks though. Claims he speaks the nothing but the truth, now only the Eubanks will know that, not him.

I don't think that's true CJ. Eubank senior was banging on the canvas at the end of the eighth round urging the ref to stop it. His words and his actions have been widely praised. He was obviously mindful of the damage he did to Michael Watson in the early nineties.

I did see him banging on the canvas your right its just the way he worded it made me think otherwise and yes also right he may be very cautious after his previous experience let's hope it was due to that and him knowing he was causing damage

• Like 2

Eubank senior said:"if you keep beating him like this,one, he's going to get hurt,two,if it goes to a decision, why hasn't he stopped the fight?I don't get why, so maybe you shouldn't leave it to the referee. Now you're not going to take him out to the face, you're going to take him out to the body.'

My interpretation is Eubank is frightened for Blackwell's safety and doesn't want Junior to inflict any more head shots. I think he should be given credit for this.

I don't think anybody is to blame for the situation. Personally i was wincing every time Blackwell took an uppercut. His head was snapped back dozens of times. Blackwell's corner could have pulled him out as could the ref, but he was still marginally in the fight. He could have got lucky, albeit very lucky, and summoned up a concussive punch to finish Eubank who was tiring. It's tragic for the boxer, his corner and the ref who will each be thinking what if we'd stopped it earlier?

Hindsight is a great thing.

• Like 3