All Dogs To Be Microchipped By April 6Th 2016

This is the first I have heard about this, out with local hunt today when the huntsman asked me if I had had my dogs chipped yet? Then explained to me that as of 6th April this is now a legal requirment for all dogs in UK (he has to get the whole pack done!)....so I google it back home and it seems to be true. basically if you dont do it and for some reason, police,dog warden etc scan your dog and no chip you will be served with an enforcment notice giving you 21 days to chip dog/s if you dont comply then you get a £500 fine. more bullshit legislation.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why hunting men or women would use an openly ANTI hunting charity to chip their dogs. These very people are the same ones trying to ban all hunting and fighting to keep the current ban on hun

Another way to fleece the life out of us ''Again''. Imagine the coin they'll bring in through court costs and so on over the years.

The local authority regularly do house calls where I live checking for dog licenses.   My lovely neighbours kindly let them know that I have a few dogs! So much for a shut mouth catching no flies. H

Yup, been in the pipe line for awhile now mate. The one good thing that may emerge from it is that dog thefts may decrease as a result, and any places raided if dogs are scanned on site then hey presto. Also around here is being haunted lately with pricks lamping hares with several mutts loose and abusing farmers if they approach them. Now if they are caught and dogs scanned and no chip and they get the same treatment as everyone else and the same rules apply to them then i will consider abiding by the new rules. But as all laws it seems to be the easy targets that always seem to be made example of and harassed.

Also its worth remembering once you chip every dog you have then all the numbers are registered on computer to your address. So licenses for that number will also "have to be" got anually, and also these new rules about effluent and run off from dog pens when you keep x amount of dogs will be very easy to follow up on as all the figures will be available to the enviromental protection boyos as it will be all linked, a quick visit from these lads and it could cost thousands to meet there criteria for proper waste disposal. The days of staying under the radar are coming to an end pretty rapidly unfortunatly.

vets are on a good crack again too. i went with my sister to tkae a litter of cockers in to be docked and dew clawed which they done no problem once proof of them being working dogs was produced. my sister had found someone to micro chip the pups at a fraction of the cost and told the vet that she wouldnt use them for the microchipping.

the vets reply was they had to do them or else they wernt releasing the paperwork for the docking, plus they had to do it and sign the dogs of to say that the pups microchipped were the ones they had origianally docked. so again they are having there pockets lined. a charge for docking and dew clawing then another charge for microchips easy money

Some local coucils are working with organisations, like the dogs trust, and have organised a free chipping day to get the ball rolling.

Yep, checked with my local dogs trust and found they were doing it free so popped along last week. 2 minutes it took and the old terrier is all legal now

• Like 1

How do the thinner skinned dogs deal with that huge needle... Have to admit I am loathed to have to drag my 2. Old greyhounds who already have tatts and an id on there collars

i posted on micro chipping dogs only afew weeks ago on this site,and stated that make sure the chip stays in the dog,easy enough to notice in a smooth coat, had my rough coated dog done,and next day discovered chip had come out of the skin,took him back and had another chip inserted,had to be reregistered on data base,hope fully this one is in to stay,wouldnt have known chip was out,only that i found it in between hairs on shoulder blades,let vets know that i thought it was a crap job,lesson learnt/

vets are on a good crack again too. i went with my sister to tkae a litter of cockers in to be docked and dew clawed which they done no problem once proof of them being working dogs was produced. my sister had found someone to micro chip the pups at a fraction of the cost and told the vet that she wouldnt use them for the microchipping.

the vets reply was they had to do them or else they wernt releasing the paperwork for the docking, plus they had to do it and sign the dogs of to say that the pups microchipped were the ones they had origianally docked. so again they are having there pockets lined. a charge for docking and dew clawing then another charge for microchips easy money

A 2/3 day old pup is to young to micro chip and the vet should have just handed the chip over for when the up was old enough,the law says you have 6 months to chip the dog after the docking has been done..

• Like 1

I won"t be partaking in this institutionalised racism towards Dogs. There's no chipping for Cat's or Goldfish, one law for one none for the other.....actually why is there no chipping for Cats?

• Like 1

How do the thinner skinned dogs deal with that huge needle... Have to admit I am loathed to have to drag my 2. Old greyhounds who already have tatts and an id on there collars

i have,nt looked into this law but when I first heard about it a while back, l thought it was only for dogs under the age of 2 and older dogs were exempt? I don't mind having my dogs chipped as dog thefts are pretty rife, but some councils are now forcing people to provide there dogs dna if they wish to walk them in public parks, they then collect any turds, do a Dna test and send out fines to the offending owner, now that is a step to far, at least people have to commit a crime before having dna taken,
  • Like 1

I don't object to getting them chipped I am just anxious about the needle my 2 are 11 & 12 this year they are both lovely old things and I feel it's not nessecary ... CleRly getting them to a vets because there not well is different .. Also I don't like being dictated to .. There carrying ID on there collars

• Like 1