All Dogs To Be Microchipped By April 6Th 2016

Not sure why hunting men or women would use an openly ANTI hunting charity to chip their dogs. These very people are the same ones trying to ban all hunting and fighting to keep the current ban on hunting in the UK.

As the dogs trusts has lots of funds in the bank it is a clever ploy to give free chipping to everyone as they aim to become the number one database for dogs and then hopefully for them other chipping orgs fade away. They will then put their hand out for government funding once in pole position and have all your info free to share with their ANTI colleagues.

Why do think the Council of Hunting Orgs has set up training for hunt people to chip their own dogs, hounds and use a specific database??

Same thing is happening in Ireland. But the ICC has taken the lead and set up its own government approved database and uses the same stewards that tattoo to chip dogs now. The ICC is quite happy to chip terriers, lurchers and hounds for a small fee. Personally I would prefer to give a few quid to a hunting org than to get something for free from a known ANTI org and who knows what they will do with your info? I couldn't do anything in support of these idealistic dreamers with a passion to stop what we love to do. JMO.

they don't ask for any info just my name and address and the dogs names so what is there to share with their anti colleagues that a bloke in wales has three mongrels and bull terrier

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why hunting men or women would use an openly ANTI hunting charity to chip their dogs. These very people are the same ones trying to ban all hunting and fighting to keep the current ban on hun

Another way to fleece the life out of us ''Again''. Imagine the coin they'll bring in through court costs and so on over the years.

The local authority regularly do house calls where I live checking for dog licenses.   My lovely neighbours kindly let them know that I have a few dogs! So much for a shut mouth catching no flies. H

My youngest was done free of charge at the vets. My terrier was done by previous owner and is still in his name. Not got round to changing details yet.

Brindle bitch isn't done and I do keep meaning to get it done to be honest.

I've no objection to getting them done, should they ever stray too far in pursuit of something and get lost then there's a good chance of someone picking the dog up and taking it to be scanned. Quick way of getting the dog back.

I aren't the type to leave the dog behind should it come on top. But I know lads who do and that's why they object to the chipping.

Not sure why hunting men or women would use an openly ANTI hunting charity to chip their dogs. These very people are the same ones trying to ban all hunting and fighting to keep the current ban on hunting in the UK.

As the dogs trusts has lots of funds in the bank it is a clever ploy to give free chipping to everyone as they aim to become the number one database for dogs and then hopefully for them other chipping orgs fade away. They will then put their hand out for government funding once in pole position and have all your info free to share with their ANTI colleagues.

Why do think the Council of Hunting Orgs has set up training for hunt people to chip their own dogs, hounds and use a specific database??

Same thing is happening in Ireland. But the ICC has taken the lead and set up its own government approved database and uses the same stewards that tattoo to chip dogs now. The ICC is quite happy to chip terriers, lurchers and hounds for a small fee. Personally I would prefer to give a few quid to a hunting org than to get something for free from a known ANTI org and who knows what they will do with your info? I couldn't do anything in support of these idealistic dreamers with a passion to stop what we love to do. JMO.

they don't ask for any info just my name and address and the dogs names so what is there to share with their anti colleagues that a bloke in wales has three mongrels and bull terrier

Well Greg I suppose that depends on who it is and what information they provide?

I suppose if you put down mongrel that would be fine. But over here I would estimate on a license fee request would be coming in your letterbox fairly sharpish? if the dots are joined. In the UK the reason that many local authorities gave up chasing people for license fees was the lack of proof of ownership. Looks like that will now be sorted. And like all of us law abiding citizens we will have to pay up. If you are a proud owner of a black dog some may put patterdale terrier as breed type (none show type) and sure what other use has a working strain got for an ANTI. Ditto for hound, greyhound or longdog, and terrier.

Also for hound packs they would be registered to a pack name or individual. Like terriers...... they don't all work....... unless you like keeping pets. Get it?

Microchipping is now the law of the land. So no point in cribbing now as that battle is lost unless a Mass Boycott takes place? Most don't have the stomach for that and bottle it at the last minute. I just would not support, encourage, or use anything got to do with Dogs Trust. Eventually they will make their money back on giving out "FREE" chips and any additional funding of an ANTI org would not be my personal preference. I'm funny like that. :thumbs:

Well Greg I suppose that depends on who it is and what information they provide?

I suppose if you put down mongrel that would be fine. But over here I would estimate on a license fee request would be coming in your letterbox fairly sharpish? if the dots are joined. In the UK the reason that many local authorities gave up chasing people for license fees was the lack of proof of ownership. Looks like that will now be sorted. And like all of us law abiding citizens we will have to pay up. If you are a proud owner of a black dog some may put patterdale terrier as breed type (none show type) and sure what other use has a working strain got for an ANTI. Ditto for hound, greyhound or longdog, and terrier.

Also for hound packs they would be registered to a pack name or individual. Like terriers...... they don't all work....... unless you like keeping pets. Get it?

Microchipping is now the law of the land. So no point in cribbing now as that battle is lost unless a Mass Boycott takes place? Most don't have the stomach for that and bottle it at the last minute. I just would not support, encourage, or use anything got to do with Dogs Trust. Eventually they will make their money back on giving out "FREE" chips and any additional funding of an ANTI org would not be my personal preference. I'm funny like that. :thumbs:

allways regester my lurchers as mongrels even with the vet

• Like 1

My youngest was done free of charge at the vets. My terrier was done by previous owner and is still in his name. Not got round to changing details yet.

Brindle bitch isn't done and I do keep meaning to get it done to be honest.

I've no objection to getting them done, should they ever stray too far in pursuit of something and get lost then there's a good chance of someone picking the dog up and taking it to be scanned. Quick way of getting the dog back.

I aren't the type to leave the dog behind should it come on top. But I know lads who do and that's why they object to the chipping.

yea 1 abandoned here caused bad accident chasing up main rd,suppose they just legged it panicking.

I don't object to getting them chipped I am just anxious about the needle my 2 are 11 & 12 this year they are both lovely old things and I feel it's not nessecary ... CleRly getting them to a vets because there not well is different .. Also I don't like being dictated to .. There carrying ID on there collars

I read that by law they have to have an identification collar as well as the microchip

I don't object to getting them chipped I am just anxious about the needle my 2 are 11 & 12 this year they are both lovely old things and I feel it's not nessecary ... CleRly getting them to a vets because there not well is different .. Also I don't like being dictated to .. There carrying ID on there collars

I read that by law they have to have an identification collar as well as the microchip

Yep by law your dog should have a collar with ID tag displaying your name, phone number and post code. I've literally never heard of it being enforced though, I imagine it will be just the same with the microchip law :yes:

• Like 1

Yep by law your dog should have a collar with ID tag displaying your name, phone number and post code. I've literally never heard of it being enforced though, I imagine it will be just the same with the microchip law :yes:

I guess all it means is if your dogs running loose and causing chaos they will know who to throw the book at ... Can't see folks being randomly stopped in the street by dog wardens and ordered to hand there dogs over to them to be scanned

vets are on a good crack again too. i went with my sister to tkae a litter of cockers in to be docked and dew clawed which they done no problem once proof of them being working dogs was produced. my sister had found someone to micro chip the pups at a fraction of the cost and told the vet that she wouldnt use them for the microchipping.

the vets reply was they had to do them or else they wernt releasing the paperwork for the docking, plus they had to do it and sign the dogs of to say that the pups microchipped were the ones they had origianally docked. so again they are having there pockets lined. a charge for docking and dew clawing then another charge for microchips easy money

A 2/3 day old pup is to young to micro chip and the vet should have just handed the chip over for when the up was old enough,the law says you have 6 months to chip the dog after the docking has been done..
the vet will dock pups at 3 days old but only gives you the docking cert when you return for chipping at 8 weeks old. They use the excuse that they want the chip to match the dog that they docked and have it on record but again its another way to get payed twice.

I wonder what would be said if you presented a litter of young terrier pups to be chipped and there was no cert for the tails being unusually shorter than normal!!! Would they still put in the chip or cause havoc for tail docking? Another noose around your neck to squeeze money out of people. If we were to follow the letter of the law like we all try our best and you breed a litter, you pay vet to doc tails at birth, pay vet to chip and register, pay vet to inject there vaccinations, pay individual dog licenses for each pup. Expensive isn't it, and in turn what's to become of culls? Ohh yes, pay vet to pts and surprise surprise a disposal charge!!! System is bent as feck. It wasn't all that long ago litters were bred, home docked, vaccinated at home, entered correctly and culled accordingly. Work for a long career and never once seen the car park of a vets premises. Were the dogs any the worse for it? I think not!!

• Like 1

I wonder what would be said if you presented a litter of young terrier pups to be chipped and there was no cert for the tails being unusually shorter than normal!!! Would they still put in the chip or cause havoc for tail docking? Another noose around your neck to squeeze money out of people. If we were to follow the letter of the law like we all try our best and you breed a litter, you pay vet to doc tails at birth, pay vet to chip and register, pay vet to inject there vaccinations, pay individual dog licenses for each pup. Expensive isn't it, and in turn what's to become of culls? Ohh yes, pay vet to pts and surprise surprise a disposal charge!!! System is bent as feck. It wasn't all that long ago litters were bred, home docked, vaccinated at home, entered correctly and culled accordingly. Work for a long career and never once seen the car park of a vets premises. Were the dogs any the worse for it? I think not!!

You wouldn't need to pay for individual licences for the pups though..