I was being facetious, of course it has been done,but so had the subject many times and usually ends with thread being locked and name lots of name calling

most of the subjects you can't even find on here properly. So instead of pointing out the obvious why not contribute or say nothing, no disrespect but comments like yours don't do no good for a clean post, I did state no bitching. Don't care who had the best dog etc, was just wondering if there was any stories of dogs to shared. Looking at the comments so far, it looks slim lol
How old are you pal?? That's two posts I av seen when you throw the dummy out. The subject as been done that death and always ends up with lads bitching at each other something that can't be stopped same as pointless topics.
how is that spitting my dummy out? Called pointing out the obvious. That post I put doesn't show any age, lol I asked a question and got shitty andwers

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics i took yesterday of the Red's out on the mountains..                  

Had myself a wander this morning,by heck it was cold brrrrrrrrrrr,where i went was hard work,i put my gps tracker on and i only walked 5.60 miles yet it took me almost 5 hours!! Uphill & uphill &a

Just a few pics from my wander this morning..   Zoomed in at 300mm     At 75mm       Mario...       Where i go to see the Red Deer..          

Posted Images

My point exactly jepp...somewhere your not,I want being arsey,just it's been brought up a lot,and there's 2 trains of thought

1,it's impossible for a dog to stop a red deer,

2,lads that know it can but get called liars for saying so.

So there little point in anyone telling their stories as it ends in a bitching match and the thread being locked

maybe it came across different, I did say no disrespect but if it's something people are sick of seeing just ignore my post. Now I have two people on here , just commenting to have a crack at me, and supposedly Iv spat my dummy out haha, far from it, just saying it how it is. atb

Edited to add. The "I did state no bitching", was not aimed at you or your post. I said it , in relevance to you saying the post will attract bitching. So might of looked like I was having a crack at you for bitching.

Edited by Somewhereyournot

Wonder how a pair of them deerhound x bulls would of handled them , they'd have the size and power but would they have the speed?

Or what about them alaunt types some of them have size and power and can run ..

• Like 1

A lot depends on the type of ground you run them on,out on the Hill they do take some stopping but if there is any streams/shallow rivers or flooded old peat diggings around the beast will more than likely stop and face the dogs off making them a lot easier to catch. The same sometimes happens with big ignorant Stags they just trot about thinking there size keeps them from harm instead of taking off when the heats on. Out on the Hill Deerhonds and Deerhound crosses always seem to be the best to catch them with there gait being suited to covering the rough ground better than other crosses. Seen plenty of different crosses back in the day ran regular on Red. Best ever Red bitch I seen was a dog from way up North which was a pure Deerhound from Wilkinsons stuff and the best dog I ever saw was also up there but was a Saluki/Greyhound and this dog was prolific .

• Like 4

A lot depends on the type of ground you run them on,out on the Hill they do take some stopping but if there is any streams/shallow rivers or flooded old peat diggings around the beast will more than likely stop and face the dogs off making them a lot easier to catch. The same sometimes happens with big ignorant Stags they just trot about thinking there size keeps them from harm instead of taking off when the heats on. Out on the Hill Deerhonds and Deerhound crosses always seem to be the best to catch them with there gait being suited to covering the rough ground better than other crosses. Seen plenty of different crosses back in the day ran regular on Red. Best ever Red bitch I seen was a dog from way up North which was a pure Deerhound from Wilkinsons stuff and the best dog I ever saw was also up there but was a Saluki/Greyhound and this dog was prolific .

are red deer not good swimmers if you say a streams/shallow rivers will most likely make the beast stop and face the dogs. i know that fallow deer are great swimmers and can out swim dogs ive seen herds of fallow deer cross rivers all times of the year with ease with a dog giving chase preban.

• Like 1

No didn't take like that mate ....was just refering to other threads that have been locked due to the arguing over whether it can be done or not.

My point exactly jepp...somewhere your not,I want being arsey,just it's been brought up a lot,and there's 2 trains of thought

1,it's impossible for a dog to stop a red deer,

2,lads that know it can but get called liars for saying so.

So there little point in anyone telling their stories as it ends in a bitching match and the thread being locked

maybe it came across different, I did say no disrespect but if it's something people are sick of seeing just ignore my post. Now I have two people on here , just commenting to have a crack at me, and supposedly Iv spat my dummy out haha, far from it, just saying it how it is. atb

Edited to add. The "I did state no bitching", was not aimed at you or your post. I said it , in relevance to you saying the post will attract bitching. So might of looked like I was having a crack at you for bitching.

are red deer not good swimmers if you say a streams/shallow rivers will most likely make the beast stop and face the dogs. i know that fallow deer are great swimmers and can out swim dogs ive seen herds of fallow deer cross rivers all times of the year with ease with a dog giving chase preban.
trigger I've seen programmes where they swim from island to island mate so they must be decent enough swimmers
  • Like 1

It's nothing to do with swimming mate, :victory: It's to do with their instinct at evading canines, IMO.

• Like 3

Red are great swimmers, and also use there knowledge of the area to aid there escape.

thats why i dont get how you can say streams/shallow rivers will more than likely make them stop and face the dog.

a rutting stag is a different story but he dont need to get near any water before hell stand his ground.

• Like 2

Like Darcy said there is red deer and then red stags I shot a red deer stag that was 23stone weight and only 11pointer thats 320 pound of muscle and no 80 pound dog would drop it they would bounce off it like Jonah lomu in a rugby match some 23 point stags can way up to 35 stone now anyone says the have a dog that would pull that single handed is a liar, a doe or pricket is possible but that would be one good dog.

• Like 2