Tipping The Postman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont know about tipping but I have often thought about slapping the horrible fker we,v got , if there is a parcel to be delivered he will knock and Im sure he runs away ,no matter how quick you answer

I don't give a tip for the postman and especially not for the binmen the lazy twats won't even take the wheelie bin if the lids not completely shut and when they do take it they leave it 20yds down th

Yep , gave our postman £25 .. Top man , sorts out any parcels that need signing for , puts them in the shed , brought the old partially sighted deaf terrier back from the bottom of the track and even

The amount that makes you feel good, after all if you are happy then she will be more than happy. Most of us do not wish to be looked upon as miserly so for both I think it is a win, win. Diligence in ones work is becoming such a rare thing, if we perform above and beyond do we not if honest wish it to be recognized?

Why do we feel obliged to tip some people, like posties, bin men, waiters ? What about the lass on the till at Aldi's She will get paid a lot less than a postie or bin man, but does a thankless job, usualy with a smile. How about the lad or lass doing the mind numbing job in your local petrol station ? There are many jobs that get paid less than a postie but we would never think of giving them a tip even though they give great service.

• Like 1

Yep , gave our postman £25 .. Top man , sorts out any parcels that need signing for , puts them in the shed , brought the old partially sighted deaf terrier back from the bottom of the track and even helped me load a big fallow buck on the truck when I had a dodgy back ..he's as good as it gets ...

• Like 5

Why do we feel obliged to tip some people, like posties, bin men, waiters ? What about the lass on the till at Aldi's She will get paid a lot less than a postie or bin man, but does a thankless job, usualy with a smile. How about the lad or lass doing the mind numbing job in your local petrol station ? There are many jobs that get paid less than a postie but we would never think of giving them a tip even though they give great service.

Most of those people move to another job though after a short time. If the postpeople or the binpersons are the same for a couple of years and do a good job, then I will tip them at Christmas.