Collie Lurcher-Pics

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My one eyed Cur lurcher..

CAN I BE INCLUDED,LOL THEY DO HAVE A FAIR BIT OF COLLIE IN THEM,,,A XMAS CARD OF ME DOUARTER,, DONT NO HOW SHE JOINED THEM TOGEATHER

my bitch good little rabbiting bitch

Posted Images

Must get some new pics,,,,this one is only 3/16 collie,,the rest whippet greyhound,,,,,be a good dog with the collie diluted a bit more,,,,

I bet that youngster will blossom into a real good rabbiting dog.. :yes:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

Must get some new pics,,,,this one is only 3/16 collie,,the rest whippet greyhound,,,,,be a good dog with the collie diluted a bit more,,,,

I bet that youngster will blossom into a real good rabbiting dog.. :yes:

:hmm: I can never realy fathom this desire, of only wanting, the tiniest, weeniest ,.almost unrecognisable smidgen of collie blood, in a working lurcher... :blink:

On paper, I suppose it sounds good,..in theory, it possibly makes sense,..but some specimens you see, have so little actual herding influence in their genetic makeup and show scant sheepdog traits or tractability, in their general behaviour, that one wonders,..what has realy been gained from its inclusion, in the first place ?

What do folks genuinely want from the inclusion of collie blood,..we all know what they don't fecking want.... :laugh:

No offense, just curious... :thumbs:

well said Phil :thumbs: ive always thought a 1/4 collie is bang on , but 1/4 of any breed plenty , but I know what you mean mate, you need enough in there or there no point in having any in the 1st place :yes:

• Like 1

For me the collie infusion represents Stamina ,intelligence, good feet and coat and temperament . The greyhound for obvious reasons, after being a die hard collie greyhound man for years I tried a bull cross stud a few years back and I was very happy with the pups, so much that I have got a litter here out of a very similar bred stud.

My 1st cross bitch is too intelligent sometimes and the little bit of bull x seems to cancel a bit of that out.

Photos of my bitch and a few pups from the last litter.

post-36900-0-89792400-1449758678_thumb.jpg

post-36900-0-62123100-1449758819.jpg

post-36900-0-13347100-1449759369.jpg

post-36900-0-61082600-1449759676.jpg

post-36900-0-05690900-1449759958.jpg

• Like 7

I never really look in to percentages because iv seen dogs from the same litter look and act totally different , it's a lottery pick your breeding and hope for the best I say it usually comes down the bloke holding the lead !

• Like 1