Collie Lurcher-Pics

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My one eyed Cur lurcher..

CAN I BE INCLUDED,LOL THEY DO HAVE A FAIR BIT OF COLLIE IN THEM,,,A XMAS CARD OF ME DOUARTER,, DONT NO HOW SHE JOINED THEM TOGEATHER

my bitch good little rabbiting bitch

Posted Images

qaurters enough for any dog ,my best collie lurcher only had roughly a qaurt ,she stopped the lot , no problem , when i had the sort of half to half greyhound collie grew type some were fast but lacked the bigger stride on 80 acre wheat feilds especaily if it was long slips, but still good dogs , but limited at times ,

qaurters enough for any dog ,my best collie lurcher only had roughly a qaurt ,she stopped the lot , no problem , when i had the sort of half to half greyhound collie grew type some were fast but lacked the bigger stride on 80 acre wheat feilds especaily if it was long slips, but still good dogs , but limited at times ,

Id rather have half collie blood over half of ANYTHING else,greyhound,saluki,whippet,bull,alsation,malinois,wheaton,irish terrier,deerhound or whatever else is out there..thats just my own personal preference and having owned TWO half Collie's that have caught between them more than EVERY other lurcher ive ever owned put together in nearly 40 years,i can hand on heart say they ain't one trick ponies,ive used mine alongside digging terriers,ferreted them,lamped them,bushed them used them for hunting up on fell in forest & on moorland,used them for beating..no they were never hare coursing dogs but i knew that when i got them but still they caught plenty with their fieldcraft & through experience of just being in the right place at the right time or catching where many other dogs would of given up due to the terrain,deer they took the lot upto and including Reds,foxes they destroyed em,rabbits they took the big numbers..in my honest opinion you obviously haven't bred off the right types or even seen a decent half collie at graft,you must of lived a sheltered life up yonder lol..your dogs are obviously handy in their comfort zone locally to you and at the end of the day thats what you want if its where you work them regularly but its a bit unfair saying a half collie would be no good where you run when others could turn full circle and say the exact same of your dog/s and their breeding (whatever that may be) on ground different to where you run..opinions are like arseholes in that we all have one i suppose,your entitled to yours and im sticking to mine as ive 1st hand experience over many years having ran two half curs on a load of gear in a multitude of places ?

• Like 9

ive traveld all over with dogs hunted in feild trails been all over u s a saw all sorts of running dogs ,my passions coursing rabbiting , and ;was lamping deer coursing them , not realy into mouching , i do a bit but its mostly running and thats why i have running dogs, not collies or near enough collies, the collie crosses i have are good dogs or what i had , but no were in the league for coursing and running stubbles with jeep mate poaching very open land winter wheat etc , they take a bit of stopping , i dont ratch about, to much forbbiden game in day lite ,

ive never led a sheltrd life , but i know what works for running game down single handed ,i hunted all down east coast from suffolk to aberdeen not had a problem cacthing game ,got 20 thousand acre of grouse moor ,same dogs do well as is says less colie the betetr for coursing cacthing game , qaurter enough , for any dog ,

you still got heavly saturated collie types fuji all i see is the saluki cross pups , youlle not beat a good colliie saluki type for edible game ,

if i had heavly saturated collie types they wouldnt do to well on the old puss local unless long net ,

ps had the half type collie beardie type good dogs but limited , saw m c glenns danny very good dog , saw several coolie type lurchers just lacked gears for flat out running on big land were i stay , i used to mouch about ,but for decent open land the old heavy saturated collie blodd was lacking mate, i agree what you are saying about them being handy , but handy doesnt cacth that beast hitting forty or that hare 100 yards away , just the way it is horses for course as they say fuji ,

Edited by fluff

Glad you said, 'Horses for Courses ' fellah... :thumbs:

If any man really wants a real deal, hare coursing, deer killing jukel,...they are 'out there'...

But, a Moucher only needs a cur dog to catch a Kanni or a Shushi,...as and when,...

Most men know the difference,..and only a dinilo,..would be dumb enough, to compare an athletic gazehound, to a roustabout rabbiting mutt...

Truth is, we keep the type of dog that we need for the job,..end of story.. :yes:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 9

I was a Saluki x grey runner from child never knew any diffrent grandad kept them dad kept them uncles kept them, pre ban they were the dog too keep, I was the first in my circle and family too try collie x and I got a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie and I can hand on my Heart tell you that my first collie x was the fastest and most agile dog I've ever run, not too mention a full menu pot filler, love all types but I don't believe u can stereotype a cross or write them off for tasks other breeds on paper and in theory should be better at.....!!! He wouldn't look out of place running round a stadium he can cover that much ground/and ditchs logs and fences were minor inconveniences when he was in full flight on quarry....I run big open land and paddock fields never made much of a difference too the outcome....yis cooper

• Like 7

i know that phil , just never a lover of anything two colliesh or to terrierish just an opion , but not to say when you breed the fast dogs to the collie cur you dont get some good allrounders ,

saw p douglase maggie cute but limited he never owned another , if i had a house up on the hills i rabbit maybe have one as there hardy but so is some of the stronger running dogs ive had

very eightiesh the old collie looking things nothing wrong with that just time moves on

• Like 1