Dog Trainer/behaviourist

Anyone recromend one? Basically gonna be this dogs last chance. Dont care what part of the country ill travel n stay in a bnb if needs be. Also not arsed about the cost long as the dog gets sorted. Im the only one in the house who can walk the dog. Soon as anyone else gets her out the door, she screams like your beating her. I can get her out no problem but soon as she sees a dog its the screaming again. Makes it unenjoyable to walk her tbh. If i had her from a pup wouldnt have this issue but god knows why shes like this. People even stop their cars n ask whats wrong with her. I brought her to a local trainer 15years experience ex copper, didnt even charge me n told me his not seen a dog like it. Killed me to be sat in a dog class with people who cant get their dogs to sit n other sad sods wanting to do dance competitions with their dog lol. I aint a owner with no confidence or control. Ive been around proper bulldogs and even they was more bearable than this. Indoors the dogs spot on and a real sweet dog. Just need it sorting, i dont need her dancing or even playing with dogs but to get her to not scream at the sheer sight of a dog. Only thing ive seen online is some bloke who charges 900quid lol i aint even arsed tbh but he only comes out once and for 900quid id feel like my wallets been raped.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its probably not in keeping with todays dogooder mentality but if ever there was a reason to get shot of a dog this is surely it......if its just a pet dog whos role in life is to merely be a companio

Bring it over here. I've got 6 super social dogs here. She'll soon realise there is nothing to get excited about.   Where are you?   Training a 7 month old pup at the moment, was scared of most th

You do have a point there Gnasher...   There is a time to put a problem to bed,..but,.the decision is a personal one,..down to the individual...Best of luck to the original poster,... take things sl

Have had a google just wondered if anyones got someone theyve used. Have had her behind bars and friendly dog near by its constant screaming. If shed just kick off when a dog came near i wouldnt be as arsed. Its the screaming that i cant stand. Indoors shes lovely and i do love the dog you can tell shes mine out of everyone else in the house. I dont mind if its a place i have to leave her to be fixed, or stay there myself with her or far and means i gotta spend few days in a bnb. Not rich but money aint an object if it can get sorted. Ive been around aggressive dogs im not a nervous owner or type where the dog would take the piss type thing. Not sure if its like some sort of panic attack she has.

Mine is similar except not screaming he just pulls until he gets a sharp tug of the lead. It's bizzare he seems to forget that no matter what he ain't getting near the dog and he's gonna feel something unpleasant.

Went to the river yesterday and as soon as I took the lead off he went on his little mad run... no problem! Then spots another dog about 500fuuckin meters away and even with me calling him to heel etc he just looks at you and does one. When I caught up to him he looks at you and comes back all sheepish,so the fuucker knows he's done wrong.

Just doest give a shit he doesn't :laugh:

Do not, whatever you do, send her away to a kennels to be 'trained'. The professional you need will assess both you and the dog in her own environment, and the only person I would recommend is Jim Greenwood. He is the best there is. Here's a link to his website: he does all sorts of dogs and is brilliant at helping owners rehabilitate dogs that have been seriously damaged in their past lives.

Give him a ring: http://jandjgreenwood.co.uk/

• Like 2

Cheers skycat, remember i posted this when i first got her. Went to that ex copper trainer just screamed so he said cant have her at the classes. Came to my house a few times and made no improvment and then just said he wont charge me lol. If i can just walk her n she ignores the dogs thatll enough for me. Pain in the arse having to walk the dog at night n simple things like popping shop n not wanting to take her. Got a bond with her n owe it to get her fixed so i find it enjoyable taking the dog out.

Screams and pulls to go towards the other dog. I have thought maybe fear and shes trying to make herself look more of a threat or something. If she doesnt play its fine just the screaming i want to stop.

The ex copper tried first of all shaking stones in a coke can. It done sod all lol no way she even heard it over her own screams. Then told me to feel the weight of the can with few stones in to see it wasnt heavy. When she started hed throw it at her just to add touch aswell as the sound. It done nothing. Its just ashame because in every other way shes a lovely dog. If id had her from a pup no way shed be how she is. If she wanted to fight every dog i could live with that. The screaming is so loud people stop the car n wind down their window. Others just look and burst out laughing because its like nothing theyve seen. I have seen staffs whine abit out of fustration about being held back. Not seen anything like this. Have been just walking her early in the morning and late at night. Just got home and my mum said we need milk thought ill bring the dog, they let me take her in the shop. Way back dog on other side of the road n she does her usual screaming. When i told my mum about the 900 quid her words were "your mad you can buy another dog for that". I know shes right but owner before ovbiously f****d up n owe it to her to get sorted. Plus i love the little dog lol got a bond with her. Where shes so small be nice to just have her tag along with me when i pop out n stuff. Shes not long turnt 3 if i remember right. It is a nightmare trust me lol never had a dog i dont like walking but with her its more of a chore than enjoyment.

what would happen if you let her off the lead to "engage " other dog/ bitch do you think she would attack? could it not just be total frustration -hope you get it sorted as most would give up on her

• Like 2

Mate i know people wouldnt put up with it. Ill need to get a video to show you lot just what its like. Did have loads but phone broke.

Im not nervous about seeing what would happen. Shes only a frenchie she isnt gonna do any real damage before grabbing her. Trouble is finding someone who is as ok with it. Even then im sure ones who say they would be would be abit pissed off if their dog was cut.

I will get it sorted im determined lol had enough of having to time when i walk her.

• Like 1