Another Plummer

Then good working jackets should have been fixed by breeding correctly. Good coats were produced by doubling on San lines,in addition to substance,courage and nose. Certain dogs were woefully over used at one time imo.

There are good coats produced by some breeders today though...

I've never seen a bad coat on a plummer, I can only think its in other lines than the ones I've owned,WM

Never doubted that you've got the best Plummers out there but then again you sing a good song.

Plummer created them as his own strain of rat dog so why protest when people call them rat dogs.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Money in terriers is always going to be a point to argue over. Iv only ever paid money for 1 dog and that was a plummer. Because I wanted to try one and I didn't know anyone that had them. But ever

Im only winding you up pal luke you did with fireman I must say you bit a lot harder on an empty hook than fireman did pmsl and there's a saying were im from,if you can't take it don't give it atb wit

This hunting life is becoming an absolute shambles,bitching over the price of a terrier,if you don't like the price look else where.My pal has just paid over a grand for a French Bulldog for his missu

Breeding for money? 6/7 pups at £300 is f**k all

Let the man be - they're his dogs and he can do as he damn pleases.

Someone else stated that no breeder would dictate to him once he paid his money, ergo; they'd be his dogs to make his choices with

If you can't put 300 notes on a dog that'll last you 8 years or more then you need to get your money up. Even at minimum wage that's less than a weeks wages

• Like 6

Imo if you've paid descent money for a dog that you've done your history on irrelevant of what breed or job you have in mind I think you give more time and effort into the dog in order to achieve the standard you require rather than if it cost pennies it would be too easy to get rid at the first failed hurdle like a lot of dog peddlers on this site do .

The reason the plummer is only a bushing rat dog is the money .There are very few lads breeding these for work even though they claim to .First and foremost is the coin .Mr plummer on here states he would reposses a dog after sold lol if it didnt suit ,not from any lads i know he wouldnt ,dog would be pts.The act of giving the dog however is another ball game altogether and one thats been done on here many times before .When moneys involved work slips away seen it time after time as no dog is ever culled ,cost too much in the first place and will re-enter the breeding side at some point therefore a step backwards .Most plummer owners dont like the line thats drawn between bushers and digging dogs and tend to think they are equal which can never be true .Nothing against busher ,ratters only that the owner is truthful to himself and others in what he has.

Im still waiting to see a plummer work proper even though the offers were coming fast ,back in the summer .lol.

There isnt one single line of earth dogs i can think of that is going well that involves money .

The plummer terrier itself would do better having been given to a lad whos only intention is work rather than notes per pup .

• Like 6

So all 'proper digging dog' pups are given away or pts, but never sold? I agree totally with the last comment about the plummer but the one about earth dogs involving no money is a bit wide of the mark-some of the 'names' that bred black dogs would never have fixed their type without producing enough pups to do it. Surely not all were given away?

So all 'proper digging dog' pups are given away or pts, but never sold? I agree totally with the last comment about the plummer but the one about earth dogs involving no money is a bit wide of the mark-some of the 'names' that bred black dogs would never have fixed their type without producing enough pups to do it. Surely not all were given away?

Exactly, two icons of the black terrier world Ken Gould and Brian nuttall biggest dog dealers ever,did the fact that these two sold more dogs than you could shake a stick at have a detrimental effect on the working black terrier, i doubt it very much.

• Like 5

,did the fact that these two sold more dogs than you could shake a stick at have a detrimental effect on the working black terrier, I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH

Seriously

Edited by Onlyworkmatters

,did the fact that these two sold more dogs than you could shake a stick at have a detrimental effect on the working black terrier, I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH

Seriously

Yep and a very well known fact that nuttal would buy in other lads black pups and sell them as his stuff :yes: , so who knows what real stuff these lines some folk have go back to eh pablo ;) ....

• Like 3

Probably true, but I never bought or lent none of them, and he said it himself not that he said he done it but a lot of these other names were doing it. As for getting a good digging dog, plummer terrier, a fluke a one off, or a dreamer owner. And again demand, and buyers for were them dogs went. Least null had his own strain

• Like 1

Read again mate ,i said going well .How many well known names/peddlars still produce the goods .All started with good intention but lost their way imo.

• Like 1

ive bin in the terrier game for well over 35 years now and most of that time iv'e kept in a small circle of pals who iv'e done most my hunting with.Always good banta ,way of life i'd say..sharing days out ,talking dogs ,talking more dogs,but never slagging another man's type or what he paid for his ward.Now and then if a litter of pups was bred from worker to worker pups were given to friends,but most of the time dogs would be bought in.NEVER EXPECTED THEM FOR NOTHING,and to be honest who would give a stranger one anyways.So the price would be paid and the rest is down to you.I paid £100 For my first Plummer,£450 for my second and bred my third.Out of that litter i kept one ,gifted one and sold one for £300.So do i deserve a pat on the back for gifting one or am i in it for the money for selling one ?Never known so much squabbling and bickering over type and price,and to say if you buy a dog in it won;t get the same treatment as a gifted dog is delusional.all the folk i know regardless of whether they bought or were gifted a dog would not keep it if it didn't do what was asked and would be re homed,not put to sleep .Didn't realise if you bought a dog it would only be a busher ratter ?I love bushing ,ratting,flushing birds from cover ,flushing to the falcons, ferreting and lamping rabbits.there seems to be a lot of ego on this site and everything regarding the Plummer terrier is pounced upon and given shit by the same old same old,pretty boring really as it's bin dragged out so many times.but of course there is however the elite on here and we should all bow down to them as there word is gospel.I do though wish you all the very best in what ever you choose to do with your dogs[for those that actually get out there] as i'm away out for my friday night rat hunt atb keith j.

• Like 4