One Of Life's Crossroads.

Split with my ex 8 years ago and it's honestly the best thing that ever happened to me! I don't speak to her anymore and I wish her nothing but Ill! In fact (and no joke) I would very much like her to drop dead!

But at least you're not bitter.

Ha ha no not at all!

f**k off grass :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a very sad thing to read from one if the lads on here who I get a good feeling is a genuine nice stand up bloke who I would get on easily with. Without knowing the finer details it's very har

Whatever you decide mate I hope you lead a long and happy life from here on in.

I wonder if many of us have higher expectations as to what a relationship can give us? I have been told many times that for most people, the fireworks are over after the first 18 months. Following th

Me and the wife are considering going our separate ways. We're on good terms, still sharing a bed but both of us feel that there is something missing, something that hasn't been there since the start. There's a pain there that is slowly eating away at both our souls and we've been trying to fix it for a very long time but it just aint happening. Our relationship is strong, but its not a relationship based on mutual attraction or any sort of chemistry between us, never has been. We were both in a bit of a mess when we got together all those years ago with one thing or another and we were what each other needed at the time. We're coming to the conclusion that it might be better to part now and move on rather than carry on for x amount of years and then look back with regret at the time we spent with either of us not being 100% happy with our situations.

Don't even know why I'm writing this dear dedrie shit on here, just guess I need some perspective. Has anybody else here been in a similar situation?

This is a very sad thing to read from one if the lads on here who I get a good feeling is a genuine nice stand up bloke who I would get on easily with.

Without knowing the finer details it's very hard to make an analysis but it sound like you have a genuine affection for each other (or you would be ripping shreds out of each other)

All I can say is have a good look at what you DO have between you and what it sounds like you have is Friendship.......don't under value it because some never get it.

That's not a bad place to sit and start a conversation from ;)

May take a week.....may take 2 years but examine what it is that is not quiet working and most importantly don't get too focused on what's wrong.....give as much air time to what's right.

Whatever happens, I genuinely wish you all the best mate.....both of you.

• Like 11

Similar position mate tbh, 30 year marriage and hard to keep the spark going in some ways, but if you and the mrs are reasoning instead of arguing i wouldn't make any hasty moves, if both of you can reason it out without out and out hating each other there,s some hope imo, specially if there's kids/grandkids involved?

Better the devil you know mate (both of you) in some situations, the grass might look greener but i don't think it is in most cases, hope it works out for both of you somehow :thumbs:

• Like 5